Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer (4783 Views)

How To Create Mobile Web Apps For Your Business In 4 Easy Steps / 8 Easy Steps On How To Get Your Blog Approve By Adsense In Last Than 48-hour / Easy Steps On How To Become An Affiliate Marketer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Vickwinners: 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
It's 2020.

You're asked to choose between BLOGGING and CONTENT MARKETING, What would you choose?

I'm sure it would be a tug of war choosing one out of the two. Especially down here in Nigeria. Because most people think both are one and the same thing.

But here's what it is. Defining it loosely, Content marketing is an advanced form of blogging.

And as a blogger, in 2020, one powerful tool to use in building a more successful blog would be content marketing.

Now the question is, are you ready for this shift?

Today’s episode of 7 top skills to become a successful blogger in 2020, will be focused on how you can use content marketing to build a successful blog.

Here we go…

So most new bloggers think one can wake up any day and start blogging about anything and the audience would just come around.

This is a misconception that needs to be corrected if you really want to succeed with your blogging.

Now, first things first…

If you’re concerned about blogging and getting huge success with your blog, you must move from a mere blogger to a better content marketer… Because, blogging has evolved.

Now, here’s what it I mean…

Blogging is serious business. And bloggers are now using blogs to drive their business hence there is a big shift from what it used to be.
So unlike years back where anyone can come up with a mediocre news blog that gets rank with some black hat SEO tricks, today things have changed.

This is why you keep getting questions like, IS BLOGGING DEAD?

But the truth still remains, Blogging isn’t dead. Blogging has only evolved so if you’re yet to move with the trend, blogging could be dead to you.

Ok. Going back to our question...

As a blogger, how can you use content marketing to build a successful blog?
Why should you care to become a content marketer?

Here’s it…

A Content marketer is responsible for researching, creating and sharing valuable content in order to yield a specific outcome.

A blogger on the other hand is responsible for updating a weblog. He/ she could update it for news information, personal experiences etc.

So at the end of the day, Blogging is more of the basic job while Content Marketing is more purposeful and directed at a more specific outcome.

As a blogger, you’ll have to move from blogging about anything just for blogging sake, to blogging about specific things, to a specific audience, and for a specific outcome…

This is where the concept of Content Marketing comes in... And also, the business part of blogging.

Moving from a mere Blogger to Content Marketer starts with a Mindset Shift. Meaning that when you get to this stage, you’ve moved from a hobby blogger to a professional, like an entrepreneur.

The implication of this is that you now have a well-defined goal for your blogging. And every other blogging activity is done with this goal in mind.

So at the end of the day you don’t just write stuff you feel like writing on the blog but as a content marketer, your goals now determines the kind of posts you update, the length of the post, your posting consistency and the platforms you’ll share each post.

How to become a Badass content marketer and take your blog to the next level

So you’ve seen reasons why you should up your game and become a Content Marketer if you really want to evolve a very successful blog…

Now, the following are specific steps you should take to become a better Content Marketer with your Blog:

1. Research your audience. All internet users are not your target audience.

This is the first thing you should know hence there’s need to define the kind of people that will most likely help you achieve your blogging goals then get them over to your blog.

This will help you ensure you’re creating the right content to the right audience and also in ensuring you’re able to create content that clearly connects your reader’s benefits to their needs.

Alright!

So you can start this research by first understanding your blogging goals clearly and then asking yourself questions like:

What problem does my product or services solve?

Assuming you’re blogging to promote a product or service, you should be able to understand this clearly by relating the problem to the solution your product or services is providing.

Who is my competition?

This could be anyone in your own line of business. Understanding them clearly gives you an idea about your audience since they are already following and reading from this competitor. Especially where the competitor is well established.

What does my audience stand to benefit from choosing me above my competitor?

This is where a clear understanding of your unique selling point will be of great help in positioning your brand to attract a unique audience.

I’ll discus a lot about unique selling point in a later part of this series.

Alright…

So when the above has been sorted out, you will now have a clearer understanding of the following:

Why your content exists
Who’s going to read your stuff
What your competitor is doing currently and how you can take it to the next level and finally,
Why your audience should choose you over your competition.
Now this takes us to the next step…
[i][/i]

2. Get a blogging Calendar. After you’ve laid out your purpose and blogging goals, the next thing on your list is to set out a clear content marketing calendar in line with the goals you listed.

Your calendar could be yearly, quarterly or monthly. The goal is to cover everything necessary for your blogging success within that period.

For instance if you intend to launch a new product or service within a certain part of the year, this should be captured within your blogging calendar and suitable posts proposed for it.

Getting a blogging calendar would make your blogging a bit easier and more purpose driven.

3. Share on social media. [/b]Generally, not all social media attracts same audience demographics. Sometimes even within social media platforms, there are sub categories with more specific audiences.

Focus on finding social media and sub groups with your relevant target audience.

Find out how you can share your post to them in a way that will drive targeted traffic back to your blog.

[b]4. Create exceptional value
. Now you could say the concept of creating exceptional value is almost over rated. But truth is, to attract a loyal audience, you must keep creating exceptional value consistently.

As someone looking at becoming an extremely successful blogger, there’s even an increasing need to create a very high value for your audience in a way that will not only distinguish you in your niche but keeps you as the go to person in that niche.

Here’s how far we can go today…

Remember, blogging has evolved. To become a successful blogger you’ll not just be a blogger, you’ll need to have great content marketing skills that will help you stand out.

Want to read other part of the free series? Read below...

https://www.victorwinners.com/7-tips-to-become-a-successful-blogger-in-2020-create-powerful-content/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Dikaveli2(m): 7:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Jumia black Friday voucher for sale.

Call 08036496441

Don't miss out..

Meanwhile in falz voice

Mama look at how i make it (ftc)

Is our work oooo
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Gudguyz(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2019
9ice!!!

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by ednut1(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Blogging is dead
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by DaddyMorenike: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2019
Up Manchester United.
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by PastorConnect(m): 7:04am On Nov 02, 2019
oooh really

promo! promo!! promo!!!
Meanwhile, Get Original Chargers and Adapter for laptop, POS, Printer and many more, check my signature for contact.
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by LOGOBELT: 7:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Interesting write up

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by helinues: 7:06am On Nov 02, 2019
And marketing any products online Na free?
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by HospitalityDiva(f): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2019
Nice one.
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by RuddyFusion(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2019
Good one
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Jacktheripper: 7:31am On Nov 02, 2019
What if I told you, everything up there is nonsense.
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Kindoo: 7:39am On Nov 02, 2019
Whether you love to read stories or love to tell stories, Wurastoriess for you.
Are you just starting out with your writing or you have become a vibrant writer, you can also be looking for a place to connect to more readers of your works, Wurastories is a ready platform for you.
It gives you the platform to express your mind in different languages, genres and style. You will love it.

Read a story, Tell a story
Wurastories.com.ng
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by EkwensuAmosu1: 7:57am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:
And marketing any products online Na free?
[/s]
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by MicroBox: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Vickwinners:

Who is my competition?

This could be anyone in your own line of business. Understanding them clearly gives you an idea about your audience since they are already following and reading from this competitor. Especially where the competitor is well established.

[
For a Starter, Who is your competitor is not the right thing to start with because you will be overwhelm and probably quit before making your own mark.
Just start with the manner and way you conceive your ideas and later! later!! you can research who is competitor and do + and - to your own content.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Revolva(m): 9:08am On Nov 02, 2019
much of video content will take over in the future so now its better to start leaning how to edit ..n create content

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by webngnews: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2019
Oh
Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2019
ednut1:
Blogging is dead
I disagree, as long as people still love to read it is very much a life.

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Steps To Become A Better Content Marketer by herosworldtech: 2:50am On Nov 04, 2019
MicroBox:

For a Starter, Who is your competitor is not the right thing to start with because you will be overwhelm and probably quit before making your own mark.
Just start with the manner and way you conceive your ideas and later! later!! you can research who is competitor and do + and - to your own content.

This is true... Just keep doing your best.. Success sometimes and reputation sometimes takes time but it will pay you. Focus on your goals / plans rather than your competitors. And just keep improving on yourself constantly. Lastly, never give up on your marketing. Investing in marketing is a good investment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian "google Map" / Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M / Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.