Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price (30781 Views)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Diezani's $40m Jewellery, Iphone To FG / EFCC Insists Diezani’s $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone Beyond Income / I Want EFCC To Release My $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone – Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Shawnelliot: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
Magu: We’ll auction Diezani’s $40m jewellery at actual price

Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says the $40 million worth of jewellery seized from the residence of Diezani Alison-Madueke, former minister of petroleum resources, will be auctioned by its actual value.

Magu disclosed this on Thursday while briefing stakeholders on the crusade against cybercrime and fraudsters.

In September, a federal high court in Lagos ordered the permanent forfeiture of the jewellery to the federal government.

Magu said the auctioneers would also sell off the luxury houses recovered from the former minister and other fraud suspects.

“We want to make sure that there’s transparency in the process. Like what we’re doing now in Port Harcourt. There are about 242 trailers and tankers that we are about auctioning. In fact, in the next two weeks, we will auction them. We will advertise, you will see it very clearly,” he said.

“The idea of selling recovered proceed of crime for peanuts is bad. This time around, we are not going to tolerate it.

“The era of auctioning forfeited properties at gross devalued prices is gone. We are going to do everything possible to know the real value of any forfeited property and we will invite professionals and merchants in the area to tell us the actual prices and the current worth and go back to the court to give reasonable price for every forfeited property before auctioning it.

“I want us to involve everybody…we have to involve the courts, the Federal Ministry of Justice, Department of Petroleum Resources and maybe the army, in whose premises these things are kept. We have to be very transparent.

“Even the houses, there are auctioneers coming from outside the country who are internationally acclaimed and accredited auctioneers. For instance, the jewellery we recovered from Diezani, we need to bring in international auctioneers because these are things that are bought from abroad. We’ll get in touch with the manufacturers, with people who are in charge of these things.”

Magu appealed to the mothers of internet fraudsters referred to as “Yahoo boys”, who he said have now formed associations, to desist from supporting them.

“We are looking at how we can rehabilitate the Yahoo Boys; these are young boys, who have graduated, who are in the university. We want to see how we can sensitise them; how we can make them know that the Yahoo Yahoo business is wrong,” he said.

“And we are also appealing to their mothers. The parents of these children, they have actually formed an association of Yahoo Yahoo Mothers’ Association – Yes; they are there – Association of Mothers of Yahoo Yahoo Boys.

“Some of them will say the father did not do anything; these boys came, demolished the house and put up a new structure. If you see the cars that we have recovered, you will think that we are in car business. These are all Yahoo Yahoo. All brands of cars – Jaguar, Rolls Royce.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/magu-well-auction-diezanis-40m-jewellery-at-actual-price/amp

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Siberia01(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
Raping

FTC
Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by EmmyUrch: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2019

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by BUSHHUNTER: 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
And the last bidder is Buha.....

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by vibewithme(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
g
Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by angelEmade: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
lol is efcc chairman a comedian?! his last line cracked me up!!!
"If you see the cars that
we have recovered, you will think that we are in car business. These are all
Yahoo Yahoo. All brands of cars – Jaguar, Rolls Royce.”

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by daddytime(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Abeg, how much last for everything? I want pay with bullion van....

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by BloggerAdmin(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Even the actual price of EFCC won't still be the actual price.

Or if they are as transparent as they claim, they should make it public affairs.

11 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
I can simply get a loan from an international bank and purchase then I resell to a Saudi prince...

Too much sense... But I don't have enough mb to send my proposal letter

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Guestlander: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Her middle name is "Greed"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by ednut1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Who go buy at actual value

11 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Mr100Dollars: 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
When will EFCC auction those Mompha wrist watches? I have 20k for one.

14 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by OscarJaden(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
this woman really contributed in wrecking this country

24 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by mamaafrik(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
All of una wey they theif now,nemesis will one day catch up with una

7 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by BIGPREEQ: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Just Look at money that would have sent at least 1000 to the University on scholarship

All Looted!!

And she thinks her generation Wont be cursed angry

23 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by CapitalHYC(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hmmm ... Alison is the real picture for the proverb "What a man can do, a woman can do better"

21 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by dalongjnr: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wow, some are just junior thieves. This is a gigantic one. See fine properties.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by BIGPREEQ: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
EmmyUrch:

The loot will be relooted by the APC looters.

There's nothing you guys won't do to defend looters from PDP

A looter is a looter irrespective of the party

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by ikombe: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Do you want to feel better, have more energy and even add years to your life?

The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercise, regardless of age, sex or physical ability.

Contact me for your Exercise & Gym equipment both Home and Commercial Use. Call / WhatsApp - zero703818757one

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.
Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by iammo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
smiley

If some people catch Buhari eeehn, he has being going about looking for thier wahala lol, buhari is the pain in the asss of so many people, ASUU, PDP,Ghana and others

3 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
cool cool cool

12 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by handsomeyinka(m): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
LET'S SEE IF DAVIDO CAN BUY THIS FOR CHIOMA..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by ACRI: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Help me ask the aboki man o

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Starhearts: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
How much last last

Oga u knw say we go still sell diz thing by pinch

2 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by UnknownQueen(f): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
They want to sell stolen goods back to another thieves.... Falz who said everyone in Naija are all criminals one way or the other isn't far from the truth

2 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by bobbybrown007: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Scam, they should have done that with the others they also siezed too, customs and efcc should also follow suits too.

1 Like

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by globalresource: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Clowns
Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Jaynaira: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
grin Money for Mini Refinery grin
Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by lessonsoflife: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
daddytime:
Abeg, how much last for everything? I want pay with bullion van....

I sight u wella lol

Na Amaechi Bombardier Jet I want buy with this house.

Anyways, my Range Rover Esq is on the way to deliver cash to EFCC for the house.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price by Stalwert: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
grin angry but pigdiots will come here and say there was no corruption Jonathan was exporting rice to the world before PMB came. Cownu seems to be the most intelligent person on ipob yet his intelligence barely surpasses that of drunken drugged up morron

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex Niger Delta Militant Becomes Police Pilot, Decorated With New Rank. Photos / Ojiezele And Okoduwa Dump Obaseki For Ize-Iyamu / Aerial View Of Edo State Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.