Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? (2003 Views)

THIS Wha Makes Me Not To Be A Complete Man. / Who Would You Visit First / When Did You Join Nairaland And What Amount Of Time Have You Spent Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Baldwretch:
Mehn, I am getting bored and bored as another day chips in. Gone are the days I was active on the web and reddit in particular, and other sites. Seems I am internet-fatigued and life-fatigued too, lol.

What site do you fellows visit?
Not just you oo...I’m even tired of all the social media’s...if not for business, I won’t even bother subscribing to any data plans.
Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by Mariangeles(f): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't have any completed books o. If I shared them to you now, you'll just be feeling frustrated and bugging me to complete them. grin

You see? This was one of the...in fact, THE MAIN REASON I stopped going to the literature section. grin
Those people wanted to kill me with anticipation, and you know, I'm the impatient type. cheesy

When reading a book, it takes all the might in me not to skip through to the end part, just to know what happened. cheesy

I like how you write sha...the way you infuse Yoruba in some of your comments is just organic and humorous. cheesy

I love the infusion of traditional language in literature. That is why I embrace it.

1 Like

Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by siofra(f): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't have any completed books o. If I shared them to you now, you'll just be feeling frustrated and bugging me to complete them. grin

Lol okay o grin
Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
siofra:
Lol okay o grin
Don't worry. When I finish one, you'll know. Even libera.lchick is waiting for me to publish one. embarassed

Mariangeles:
You see? This was one of the...in fact, THE MAIN REASON I stopped going to the literature section. grin
Those people wanted to kill me with anticipation, and you know, I'm the impatient type. cheesy
Ehyaaa. Sorry. grin Writers can be that 'wicked.' I don't know why they like to take too long like that. Yup. I'm speaking to myself as well.

When reading a book, it takes all the might in me not to skip through to the end part, just to know what happened. cheesy
But I hope doing this doesn't kill your appetite for reading the rest of the story's middle? cheesy

I like how you write sha...the way you infuse Yoruba in some of your comments is just organic and humorous. cheesy

I love the infusion of traditional language in literature. That is why I embrace it.
Awwnnnnn. **blushes in 5000° fahrenheit** Kpkkk.
[img]https:///view/h%C3%A2m-frog-toad-frog-l%E1%BA%AFc-wiggle-gif-14557565.gif[/img]

Thank you. It's one lady like that on FB that inspired me. She adds Igbo beautifully to her posts too. You won't even understand but you it's know it's flowing.
And then Bimbo Ademoye. grin I like how she 'writes/speaks' too. Like, 'kanipe nigbayen this one come to say wipe o, he is not redi to for in lorv, shey I wee haff say, toh, nobody kuku send me and padlock my okan.' Something like that. It's always hilarious.

Me, tooo. I like books that contains little phrases or lines of some native language- Igbo, French, Italian. It adds to the layer and realness of the story.

4 Likes

Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by Mariangeles(f): 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Ehyaaa. Sorry. grin Writers can be that 'wicked.' I don't know why they like to take too long like that. Yup. I'm speaking to myself as well.

Well, in their defense, I think it's them trying to build the story to make it more intriguing.

It could still be procrastination sha. cheesy

But I hope doing this doesn't kill your appetite for reading the rest of the story's middle? cheesy

I try not to skip through sha. If I do, o lo niyen. cheesy

The advent of social media is fast killing the book reading culture. embarassed
That is, if it hasn't totally killed it.
I used to be that one that won't drop an interesting book till I'm through. embarassed

Awwnnnnn. **blushes in 5000° fahrenheit** Kpkkk.
[img]https:///view/h%C3%A2m-frog-toad-frog-l%E1%BA%AFc-wiggle-gif-14557565.gif[/img]

cheesy

Thank you. It's one lady like that on FB that inspired me. She adds Igbo beautifully to her posts too. You won't even understand but you it's know it's flowing.
And then Bimbo Ademoye. grin I like how she 'writes/speaks' too. Like, 'kanipe nigbayen this one come to say wipe o, he is not redi to for in lorv, shey I wee haff say, toh, nobody kuku send me and padlock my okan.' Something like that. It's always hilarious.

Me, tooo. I like books that contains little phrases or lines of some native language- Igbo, French, Italian. It adds to the layer and realness of the story.

The kanipe does it for me. cheesy

For me, it was Chimamanda that inspired that in me.
The surprising thing is that I haven't even read any of her books, just some of her pieces like her tribute to her late father - the way she infused the Igbo language in it was just...beautiful.
Re: Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? by Stargirl2011(f): 9:34am On Mar 18
I use wikihow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heart Touching Pictures Of Obama And Kids / 15 Crazy But True Life Twin Stories That Will Shock You / Help! I'm Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.