Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal (51289 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Mercy Akide And Nwankwo Kanu At The 1999 CAF Awards / Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by openmine(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Who be Watord again sef?
Is he different from Sylvain Wiltord?

Its the same player that he is referring to

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Evangkatsoulis: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
Overrated kanu
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by openmine(m): 12:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
Overrated kanu
Overrated? Are you sure such can be used to describe kanu? Did you watch the Ajax of 95,96? Maybe that will change your mind about your narrative of Kanu!
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by blowjohn(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
gazza07:
Kano?? undecided

I think he meant katsina.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by blowjohn(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.
Role model like no other.

Player so good that even the British Monarchy couldn't resist going back in time to name their Kings after him.

Below is an accurate ranking of all time greatests of soccer.
After C.Ronaldo, there is Pele, then there is Henry, after which is Zidane, then Eusebio before Maradona..
Then a Messi far behind him.

Who is Eusebio?

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Sunsets: 12:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
This comment has paranoia and low self esteem join.
Jestin:
Kanu was one of the best in Arsenal but was not highly appreciated maybe because of his skin color.

FTC
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by renewable1(m): 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Cool

8 HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY FROM THE SUN.. CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by djkaneo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
Skin Color? Henry and Viera are white, I presume.
Jestin:
Kanu was one of the best in Arsenal but was not highly appreciated maybe because of his skin color.

FTC
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=Jestin post=83699010]Kanu was one of the best in Arsenal but was not highly appreciated maybe because of his skin color. But Henry is equally black
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by fredoooooo: 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Iko5000:
Not true ,also if I'm right Ian Wright ,Henry to mention a few are black too .kanu is and will always be a gunners legend. I suggest you take a tour of the stadium and you will have a change of view
Don't mind those ones ... these are people filled with tribal hates and go about shouting racism... undecided

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Shedrachmessi(m): 12:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Jokerman(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
openmine:

That's not true!
English man Mark Mcmanaman was at Liverpool before he left for Real Madrid...that was before when ronaldo was still a teen in the academy of sporting lisbon!
There are so many players who left EPL to other leagues even before ronaldo ever dreamt of coming to Manchester united from Lisbon!

Lol... I know... I mean Ronaldo was the most successful
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Elxandre(m): 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
tfash96:
Pathetic Fool.. All those players u mentioned ain't as lazy as Penaldo.. They ain't tapin merchant.. So never in ur life compare Penaldo to any of them... U think Zidane and Messi and Maradona are like Suarez,Lewandowski and co
E no tey wey this one start dey watch ball.

Ronaldo Tapin merchant. grin
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by CoolAmbience(m): 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
openmine:

Its the same player that he is referring to

Ok bro.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Jarus(m): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

Judged Arsenal's 13th best ever in 2010 or so. Invited to all their novelty matches. Invited to Wenger's last game.

What other appreciation do you want?

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by tfash96(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Elxandre:

E no tey wey this one start dey watch ball.

Ronaldo Tapin merchant. grin
or Penaldo
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Seventy7kings: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

Player so good that even the British Monarchy couldn't resist going back in time to name their Kings after him.

After C.Ronaldo, there is Pele, then there is Henry, after which is Zidane, then Eusebio before Maradona..
grin na so
BTW, where have you been since?
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Niggmatic: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Kenturkey048:
shey henry and KANU na mates ni??why do you people speak Like thisis just like saying Tammy Abraham is better than shevchenko...or Diego milito is better than Eto'o..sometimes when I read things on this platform am just left in awry state.

You should have known how most Nigerians reason by now - zigzag

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

Patrick viera, wilford, Thierry Henry all have the same skin color. Kanu falsified his age and he suffered the consequences when his form dipped and never came back.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Khaleell001(m): 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC

I know a racist when I see one.
Patrick Viera was not appreciated because of his skin?
Joel Campbell was not appreciated because of his skin ?

Laurent Etta Mayer was not appreciated because of his skin?

Emmanuel Ebouei was not appreciated brief his skin ?

Some of you here can't say anything objectively without looking at skin colour or tribe before you can judge correctly.

This is really bad.
Kanu was good no doubt, but Henry was better than him.
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Khaleell001(m): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
blowjohn:

Who is Eusebio?

He was a black Portuguess great who ruled European football in the late 70s to 80s along side Michelle Platini.

1 Like

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
Henry is the best player in the history of EPL..

So, benching Kanu is expected tongue
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

Let's check the last Monday together bro:

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jokerman:
Henry was just a premiership champion until Barca changed his fortunes

Thank God for Cristiano Ronaldo that paved the way for EPL players in Europe smiley
Have you not heard of Instabul Miracle??

Liverpool won the UCL in 2005

And were finalist in 2007...

How is that Ronaldo paving way??

You sound like Mendes tho!!

To him, Ronaldo is better than football grin
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by wakaawaka(m): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2019
You this NwaMaikpe no kukuma get sense before.

WAKA
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thierry Henry.

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
Khaleell001:

He was a black Portuguess great who ruled European football in the late 70s to 80s along side Michelle Platini.
Nope..

Eusebio belongs to the 60's and early 70's..

Pele' era!!

Eusebio won the World cup golden boot with Portugal in 1966 WC with 9 goals! !

He has ruled Europe and the World before Platini's era!!
Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Rumenigge, Muller etc senior Platini sef undecided
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Bluffly: 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jestin:

FTC
Sentiments. Who told you he is not appreciated. Must you complain about your colour
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
Jokerman:
Henry was just a premiership champion until Barca changed his fortunes

Thank God for Cristiano Ronaldo that paved the way for EPL players in Europe smiley
which point are you even trying to make? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by blowjohn(m): 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Khaleell001:

O boy!
Just googled it now. Damn!
Never heard of him before o.
I tot it was a Benin or calabar name or something.
Tnx
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by galadima77(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

King Messi

Thierry Henry.

Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by bikerboy1(m): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
abumeinben:

The power of feedback... The one thing most Nigerian-owned one man businesses don't know about.

How does this relate to picking the tube?
Re: Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal by blaque7: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
the answer is simple....Wenger decide to give u more playing time becos u were french.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jefferson Louis, The Only Footballer Who Has Played For 36 Clubs In His Career / AFCON 2019: How Nigeria Defeated Cameroon In Pictures / Why Iheanachọ's Name Has Two Dots Under

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.