Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. (448 Views)

U.S Woman To Be Jailed For Fake $1500 Marriage With Nigerian / Lamborghini Stolen In Switzerland Found In Ghana With Nigerian Plate Number / Dolapo Badmus Reacts To Police Brutality, Gives Stern Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by Thewizardof0zil: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2019
zzzzzzz
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by kunlesufyan(m): 11:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
I doubt you'll be able to make a video of the assault but if you couldn't, take pictures if your sister and brother's injuries, then go on twitter upload those picture with this same story. Don't forget to tag relevant handles like Dolapo Badmus, Segalink etc.
You can even tag influencers and ask for retweet.
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by Prokaryote: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2019
Really sorry for the injuries. Some of our police men are clowns same way we have the good ones. People will definitely stand and be looking like mumu in a cinema house,dont blame them they can't be like your brother. Prepare ur case and sue for justice.
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by Thewizardof0zil: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Prokaryote:
Really sorry for the injuries. Some of our police men are clowns same way we have the good ones. People will definitely stand and be looking like mumu in a cinema house,dont blame them they can't be like your brother. Prepare ur case and sue for justice.
I will not let it slide, i will fight this case till my last breath. Thank you.
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by Thewizardof0zil: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2019
kunlesufyan:
I doubt you'll be able to make a video of the assault but if you couldn't, take pictures if your sister and brother's injuries, then go on twitter upload those picture with this same story. Don't forget to tag relevant handles like Dolapo Badmus, Segalink etc.
You can even tag influencers and ask for retweet.
Thank you.
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
When you see 9ja police. Just melo.
Hit me up for your design
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Don't allow them go Scot free. Make sure those policemen are sacked.
Re: My Experience With Nigerian Police Brutality. by fergieboy: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thewizardof0zil:
As i type this, my eyes are very red, i can’t even see properly and my nose is running. i’m just smelling pepper everywhere.

At about 9:30pm today, my brother was not yet home, my mom decided to call him to ask him where he was, next thing, he picked up his phone and started shouting and told my mom that he had been pepper sprayed and he was at the police post inside my estate.

next thing, my mom called me, and i left the house with my mom and two other sisters to find out what was happening.

On getting there, we saw them harassing my brother and dragging him like a criminal, with his car parked by the gate of the estate. my sister immediately jumped down from the car, and went to meet the police men, asking them “what did my brother do? why will you be treating him like that?” next thing, one of the police men said “who you dey follow talk like that?” and then he laid his hands on her and slapped her, dragged her around the floor with stones on the floor, the both of them started kicking her, blowing her while on the ground, on seeing this, i went to meet them to save my sister, they left her and started facing me, they pepper sprayed me twice, started kicking me. i was weak, i couldn’t see what was happening, my brother was pepper sprayed again also and they laid hands on my mom, they pushed her and they started tell her nonsense, that is she the mom? that she’s the one that didn’t train her kids well.

before we knew what was happening, one of them went inside the station, brought his gun out, and shut on the air twice, then pointed it at my sister and telling her that she’s a woman, and shouldn’t be rude to him, she started running, and then he cocked his gun and tried to shoot her while running my brother tried to hold him off, then my mom started pleading with them that we are her kids, people were just standing there watching and doing nothing cry. I can’t even count the number of injuries on my sisters body.

and what did my brother do? he was driving back home, when he got to the estate, he saw a man naked sitting down in front of the police station, the police men were beating him with iron and brutalizing him, he then went to them and asked what the man did and why they were beating him that way, next thing, one argument led to another, and then he was pepper sprayed.

Please what actions can i take to report this inhumane act? police that are meant to protect, are the ones beating us, killing us and brutalizing us. imagine a police man pointing gun at me and my siblings threatening to shoot and bury us and nothing will happen, in the 21st century.

i admit my brother was probably wrong for not minding his business, but how can i report this ungodly act?

I Guess they where minding their business

Really sorry about your ordeal

(1) (Reply)

Policeman Who Arrested El Chapo's Son Shot 155 Times In Brutal Execution / Love God n ur neighbor. Love urself / 19-year Old Girl Missing In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.