Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen (438 Views)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Prophet Adebowale Brainard Storms Shopping Mall With Armed Security Men / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by Dozzywest(m): 2:32am On Nov 03, 2019
According to a facebook user who shaded this 'Prophet of God' for employing what the user called 'Angel Micheal and Angel Gabriel,' in reference to the two well armed mobile policemen on both his left and right hand side, when they would be telling their congregation to protect themselves with Church stickers and anointing oils.

This drew some hilarious comments from the comment section, as most Nigerians appeared tired of the hypocrisy of these so called ' men of God.'

1 Share

Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by Dozzywest(m): 2:34am On Nov 03, 2019
More reactions..

Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 03, 2019
Africans have been brainwashed

1 Share

Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 03, 2019
Isinweke:
Africans have been brainwashed

1 Share

Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by johnkey: 4:06am On Nov 03, 2019
Police protects the rich man, while the holy Spirit\angels protects the man of God.
Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by cenaman(m): 4:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Do we still have genue anointed men of GOD in these part of the world? what i mean by anointed men of GOD i mean those with the holy spirit, not COZA type.
Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by sykeng(m): 5:42am On Nov 03, 2019
Is good to be a free thinker, if you analyze these things without any religious attachment or affiliation. My guy you go laff till dawn.
The same pastor would tell me that God is my protector and ask me to anointing oil, handkerchief n stickers.
Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 03, 2019
As much as I believe the church leaders we have these days are a far cry from the likes of Peter which we had in those days, I don't think it's a sin for a well-known church leader to have such around him where necessary.

It's just like saying that someone shouldn't have security in his house to prove that God is with him or not which i believe is quite erroneous.

The most important thing is for someone to have God watching over Him, as the saying goes:

"Except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." {Psalms 127:1 (KJV)}

There's an extent to which someone would be a popular figure, that he might need some persons around him to shield him from the press and being bombarded by the people, so such security personnels may be there to serve such purposes not necessarily for protection.

During the ministry of Jesus here on Earth, there were some instances that showed that His disciples served as some form of shield for Him from the crowd, because of the extent to which He was in demand, that people that came to see Jesus would have to go through His disciples as on this occasion:

John 12:21-22 (KJV)

21 The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
22 Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

Therefore as much as church leaders have left much to be desired when compared with those of old, i think it's important we don't get too carried away by it.

God bless.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by InansBobo(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
As much as I believe the church leaders we have these days are a far cry from the likes of Peter which we had in those days, I don't think it's a sin for a well-known church leader to have around him where necessary.

It's just like saying that someone shouldn't have security in his house to prove that God is with him or not which i believe is quite erroneous.

The most important thing is for someone to have God watching over Him, as the saying goes:

"Except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." {Psalms 127:1 (KJV)}

There's an extent to which someone would be a popular figure, that he might need some persons around him to shield him from the press and being bombarded by the people, so such security personnels may be there to serve such purposes not necessarily for protection.

During the ministry of Jesus here on Earth, there were some instances that showed that His disciples served as some form of shield for Him from the crowd, because of the extent to which He was in demand, that people that came to see Jesus would have to go through His disciples as on this occasion:

John 12:21-22 (KJV)

21 The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
22 Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

Therefore as much as church leaders have left much to be desired when compared with those of old, i think it's important we don't get too carried away by it.

God bless.
Re: Is It Biblically Acceptable For Pastors To Be Moving Around With Armed Policemen by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
Popular figures should have guards. Remember how peter cut off the ear of those who came to arrest Jesus, His immediate followers were armed.

(1) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Christians Fall Sick Often / Fulfilling Your Purpose. /pastor Chris Oyakilome. / How Do I Know That I Am Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.