Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… (22430 Views)

Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / Why We Can’t Suspend Amaechi For Anti-party Activities Like Okorocha – APC / Crack In Okorocha’s APC Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Islie: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2019
By Kolade Adeyemi,

Former Governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha, has expressed fear that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) may lose power in 2023 if nothing is done urgently to re-position its leadership.

Okorocha, who spoke in Kano yesterday against the back drop of the protracted feud between the APC National Chairman, Adams Aliyu Oshiomole and Governor Godwin Obasaki of Edo state, warned against internal crisis within the ranks of the APC leadership.

According to him, “a political party should be a group of people who share common political interest and beliefs; people who pursue a common goal or common objective for the good of the common man.

“That will be my understanding of a political party, but any political party that is full of internal crisis is no longer a political party in the real sense of a political party.

“This idea of crisis and idea of commotions show that the said party does not have a common ideology. If the ideology is one and you believe in one thing, there should not be reason for disagreement at that level. You might have a minor disagreement, but when it comes to the issue of do-or-die, it is no longer a political party.

“So, let us see what we can do in this country to redefine what we mean by internal democracy. This is why people have options; this is why we don’t believe in one party system. We must have different political parties and identify the one that is in line with our vision, the one that is line with our political belief.

“Talking about what is happening in Edo State, it is unfortunate but a true political party cannot work against itself. So, I want to advise that they reconcile and relax their differences. The truth is that a party that is divided among it can never stand.”

Okorocha further stated that, “I have said this earlier, APC is a party that we hurriedly put together when we were governors because we felt that the government at that time was not living up to expectation and we wanted to make sure that we brought about change at that time.

“That is why we came together and formed the All Progressives Congress and we ensured that the party got power in 2015. That was how it was then and we achieved that.

“Right now, I think we should continue with the same pace that we started with in 2015 election but that does not seem to be the case. President Muhammadu Buhari gave character to APC. He brought his integrity to bear on the party. He made the party what it is in the northern part of the country and the masses of the North who saw him as a true leader, and we all rode on that to achieve that victory, but after the credibility of Buhari into this party, there seem to be no alternative in the same manner that will drive this party to 2023 victory.

“This is why I expressed my concern that if we are not very careful, APC might go with Buhari in 2023, and that will be a very unfortunate situation for the founding fathers of APC. The party needs to show purposeful leadership, show character,” Okorocha said.

Senator Okorocha, who is the Senate Committee Chairman on Culture and Tourism, also urged the federal government to be more practical on its policy on border closure, pointing out the need to monitor smuggling of goods from illegal borders in the bushes around neighbouring countries, adding, “I think border closure means that we should begin to look inward on better ways to feed ourselves. By creating that kind of atmosphere, people will now begin to understand why we should be self-reliant and ensure food security.

https://thenationonlineng.net/crisis-apc-may-lose-power-in-2023-if-okorocha/

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Foxman19: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2019
Shut up.what is your contribution to the party in the last election?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by leokid866: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2019
Foxman19:
Shut up.what is your contribution to the party in the last election?

Don't mind him....they have allowed him into the senate nows so he has mouth to talk......

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Foxman19: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2019
I just hate the way the man worshiping those who don't give damn about him.
leokid866:

Don't mind him....they have allowed him into the senate nows so he has mouth to talk......

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Kpoikpoi: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 04, 2019
Foxman19:
I just hate the way the man worshiping those who don't give damn about him.
Same with Orji Uzoh Kalu. Their asslicking is out of the world and at the end of the day, same Northerners still count them as nyamiris.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by legendarystar: 5:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Its obvious nah, Buhari will contest 2023, with the look of things.. Lemme explain as the whole south are at logger heads in who to contest... It will delay all primaries and laid down calander of inec, Buhari as a former General will wade in by extending his tenure to resolve internal crisis, the CJN will stamp it and peace will reign again... Long live the federal republic of Nigeria...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by dukie25: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Before nko?
Tinubu will end up as president of Association of Bourdillon road landlords .

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Monter1: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Okorocha is a sadist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:00am On Nov 04, 2019
WITH STARBOY WE STAND.

May God let us see 2023 and beyond,

We stand with STARBOY come 2023.

So help us God!

God bless Nigeria

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by sammyj: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
APC may loose 2023 because of selfish greedy politifcians like Okorocha and others!! shocked shocked cool

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Amstupid(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
On my wedding day if you hear your name, you march forward and collect your rice..
The rest will explain who invited them grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Amstupid(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
post=83727930:
okay
u don chop suya finish, u won start to dey misyarn grin

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by emro1234: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
who cares....
Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by ORIENTATION101: 10:02am On Nov 04, 2019
Okoro what is ur stake in Apc sef that will make it loose powercheesy
Common Senate you almost relocate to aso Rock to beg buhari for inec to give you certificate. You don't even control apc imo / south east apc yet u re talking of power.
Okoro feeling funkycheesygrin

Better pray Appeal court dont sack you.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by newlandf: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Buhari is the only Man uniting them, After Buhari, I dont know what APC will .................

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by ebonytarki(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Please APC should loose. I want a new party to take over just for 1 cause....that is to arrest and probe PMB

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Tsolutionifede(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2019
The reason is the rubbish rice that is in circulation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by justtoodark: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2019
i was wrong about this guy....after that furniture bullshitt,mbanu....

now he is a senator....??

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by justtoodark: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2019
newlandf:
Buhari is the only Man uniting them, After Buhari, I dont know what APC will .................

you right....
after buhari,things will get very hard for apc....

people are not happy atall atall.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Gudguyz(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2019
Ok ooo

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my profile.Thanks
Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by LOGOBELT: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2019
Abeg let it return to PDP, it was fair with them

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by RichDad1(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2019
Me Rochas
Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Pavore9: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2019
That's all they talk about, not development.
Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by Futuragetty: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2019
Not if they zone their presidential ticket to SE.
Before 2023, APC will split. Different factions will arise. El Rufia will be at war with Tinubu.
Adams Oshiomole too.
Amechi Rotimi may pick an interest in the race.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by arodavoo(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2019
Is not apc may lose... Apc would definitely lose, we are tired of the leadership of the party.

Check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey Malaysia UK and USA
And also importation of Hair from china, India, Vietnam and cambodia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: APC May Lose Power In 2023 If… by 9jayes: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2019
sammyj:
APC may loose 2023 because of selfish greedy politifcians like Okorocha and others!! shocked shocked cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Approves N10 Billion Loan For Kogi Amidst Protests / Japa: Reps Vote Against Anti — Migration Motion / N’assembly Posts: Saraki, Dogara Set To Defy APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.