Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (741 Views)

Any Dermatologist Here? I Need Help With My Scalp. / Help My Scalp Was Burnt By Relaxer And Is Discharging Fluid / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Thermodynamics(m): 7:54am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: . by Adalasy: 8:49am On Nov 03, 2019
Thermodynamics:
hello, i went to get an hair cut in February 2019 and the Barber applied too much pressure on my scalp such that he gave me some scrape on my head at several spots, after sometime, a scab formed and after some time when I felt the injury was almost gone, I picked the scab off. ever since then, I noticed that if I cut my hair low and touch my head/scalp, I I'll feel a sharp/piercing pain on those areas where I had the injury, it's been 7months now and I still feel the sharp/piercing pain when I press my head/scalp. Please, what can I do to stop this.

The head looks very normal, you won't even see anything abnormal if I snap it. I've gone to a hospital to see a doctor ( not a dermatologist) he just gave me panadol and vitamin c and told me that it'll go away with time, but the thing is, I still feel this pain when every I press my scalp.

Mods please, you have to help me by pushing this to front page this time.

The barber's action obviously affected some nerve endings under the skin on your head thus the pain. Remember that thr skin on your head is very thin thus making it easier to affect the nerves. It is not a dermatologist issue but a neurologist.

Alternatively there could have been a thing formation of pus under the skin as the wound healed and thus the pain. Carefully feel around the area and compare the feel to other parts of your head to see how soft or hard it is. If too soft then there could be pus accumulated there.

However, I feel the pain will gradually go away as the affected nerves take their time to heal. I believe the volume of the initial pain at the beginning is not the same today as the pain is reducing do as your doctor said, give it some more time and the pain will be totally gone.

If you cannot bear the waiting period then let me know. I am an alternative medicine practitioner and can give you a herb that can help encourage the nerves to heal quicker and take away the pain.
Re: . by Thermodynamics(m): 10:50am On Nov 03, 2019
Adalasy:

The barber's action obviously affected some nerve endings under the skin on your head thus the pain. Remember that thr skin on your head is very thin thus making it easier to affect the nerves. It is not a dermatologist issue but a neurologist.

Alternatively there could have been a thing formation of pus under the skin as the wound healed and thus the pain. Carefully feel around the area and compare the feel to other parts of your head to see how soft or hard it is. If too soft then there could be pus accumulated there.

However, I feel the pain will gradually go away as the affected nerves take their time to heal. I believe the volume of the initial pain at the beginning is not the same today as the pain is reducing do as your doctor said, give it some more time and the pain will be totally gone.

If you cannot bear the waiting period then let me know. I am an alternative medicine practitioner and can give you a herb that can help encourage the nerves to heal quicker and take away the pain.

Tanks for your response, i normally keep my hair low, is it wise for me to continue this way or to keep a full hair in order to help the nerve heal faster.

what kind of herb is it, is it like a cream I can apply on my head?
Re: . by Adalasy: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Thermodynamics:

Tanks for your response, i normally keep my hair low, is it wise for me to continue this way or to keep a full hair in order to help the nerve heal faster.

what kind of herb is it, is it like a cream I can apply on my head?

I suggest you allow the hair to grow and and not keep it low. Let it grow so your scalp can have enough time and to heal as you disturb it less. Just trim the fuller hair and not cut it low.

The herb is taken orally and not a cream.
Re: . by Thermodynamics(m): 8:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
I need more suggestions please

(1) (Reply)

Rashes On D Body / Mapoly Student Apako Mapoy Was Infected With Corona Virus / Dybala Reveals Coronavirus Nightmare, Says ‘I Struggled To Breathe’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.