Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

"Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" (29549 Views)

The Certificate Elephant In Abuja By lasisi Olagunju / Adams Oshiomhole Lands In Benin Airport, Received By Supporters (Photos) / Adams Oshiomhole Resumes Office As APC Chairman. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Giant777(m): 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
emalek86:
If you can read all those words you can make heaven
I just did
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by bizzibodi(m): 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
Suniyamu:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/adams-oshiomhole-elephant-in-apc-china-shop/

Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC’s China Shop

“A manager may have more influence and control over subordinates if they are competing with each other than if they are united against him.” VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, VBQ, p 152.

Adams Oshiomhole, the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is not my friend, neither is he my enemy. But, I always feel sorry for any individual, who, through years of brutal struggle, sweat and tears finally reaches the top where fame and fortune await him but loses a lot on account of a basic character flaw. Oshiomhole might not realise it, he is an endangered person in Nigerian politics generally. Like a man who had strapped on a belt of explosives in a crowded room, now constitutes a safety risk to himself and others around him. There is probably no other political figure who daily multiplies the number of his political adversaries as the Chair of the APC. He seems to have forgotten the warning made repeatedly on this page that in the political game: “A man alone hasn’t got a chance” (Ernest Hemingway, 1898-1961). Increasingly, the man who should be the second most important rallying point of the APC, after Buhari, has now acquired the image of its uncontrollable destroyer sowing discord everywhere , attracting maledictions from members who should be subservient and uniting the rank and file against himself. He most probably will not last until 2023 unless there is a revolutionary change in his approach to leadership.
“Oshiomhole Creating More Problems For APC.” DAILY INDEPENDENT, October 28, 2019.

One of the leaders of the APC as well as one of its most powerful voices made that assertion. He is from the Niger Delta. Everybody is now aware of the “fight to finish” raging in Edo state between Adams on one side and the Governor as well as the State Commissioner of Police on the other side. Since politics is war by other means, Nigerian historical precedents would suggest that the Abuja-based Chairman will be annihilated by his antagonists. Of all people, he should know that the Nigerian State Governor is one of the worst dictators human beings had ever created. Enveloped in legal immunity while in office, he is lord of the estate; he can do virtually anything including acquiring the land on which your palatial mansion is situated – “for public purposes”, of course.. By comparison, the Chair in Abuja would need the full support of the President as well as members of APC executive committee, to move against the Governor. Even with that help, victory remains un-assured. The question is: will Buhari support Adams? A corollary question is: why would the President do that?

Despite the fact that the bearer of bad news is never welcome, I will still do Oshiomhole a favour and damn the consequences. His rag-tag band of defendants, mostly political mercenaries, will send blistering rejoinders and hope to be rewarded. I understand that scavenging is also part of politics. The hyenas must eat and I have provided a meal. Still, there are two closely-linked questions to answer. Incredibly, it doesn’t require rocket-science intelligence to know what Aso Rock will do. Buhari will stay neutral. That is the bad news for Adams. The worse news is the reason why the President will not bother to save the Chair.

Buhari will stay out of it because, with the second term secured, he no longer needs the Chairman. Only a set-back at the Supreme Court can result in an appeal for support from the party Secretariat. Even there, the man does not enjoy unanimous endorsement. Like the rest of Nigeria, the APC party headquarters is divided over their leader. Some are so angry; they would throw him out today – if they have their way. They might soon have their way. Buhari, as the ultimate leader of the party, can only risk his position if it is absolutely clear that Oshiomhole is badly treated and if he has political value. Truth is, it is not often clear who is right or wrong in the battles involving Adams. He cannot always be relied upon to tell the truth – which is indispensable before the President will intervene in his favour. Two examples will illustrate the point about veracity as a pre-condition for joining a crusade led by Adams.

On the podium two or three years ago, at a VANGUARD ANNUAL ECONOMIC FORUM, were Dr Fayemi (then Minister of Solid Minerals), Professor Soludo and Oshiomhole. Suddenly, Adams announced to the startled participants that Soludo had secretly withdrawn some billions of naira from the Central Bank before a policy change was announced. Soludo responded by calling him a liar. I took side with Soludo because what Adams said was totally untrue and it even made no economic sense for the CBN Governor to do what he was accused of doing. Adams, in my view, just wanted to make the headlines next day as the “defender of the masses”. He forgot that a man sitting on billions of naira which he accumulated while “fighting for the masses” has long lost credibility as the patron saint of the poor masses. There are other examples on record which will help shed light on this matter. But, let us jump to the present.

More recently, an incident occurred in Benin. Several newspapers carried the news that Oshimhole’s house was attacked by mobs in Benin City. It was darkly hinted that the vandals were supporters of the state Governor, Obaseki. I filed the story away with a red ink comment – “highly unbelievable”. The story started to unravel two days after. First, Governor Obaseki released his own statement which totally contradicted the Oshiomole story. Second, the state’s Commissioner of Police also published a rejoinder to the accusation. In the end, what transpired was a typical Adams show. Say anything to make headlines – even if it is fake news. Not being politically partisan, it has not been too difficult for me to know that Governor Obaseki was the truthful party.

That brings us to the abiding issue of leadership and Oshiomhole’s demonstration of it as the Chairman of the ruling party. The man is in a position to create havoc in the polity if his excesses are not curbed. The image of the elephant is quite apt in this regard. One loose cannon in high office can do more damage than ten thousand rioters taking to the streets. Henceforth, the APC has a monumental task on its hands. They have a duty to save themselves and to save Nigeria as well by doing something about their Chairman. What they do and how they do it is their business.

“In every community, there is a class of people profoundly more dangerous to the rest. I don’t mean the criminals. For them we have punitive sanctions. I mean the leaders. Invariably, the most dangerous people seek power.” Saul Bellow. VBQ p 124.

Before every election or selection, eg, Edo State APC flag-bearer for Governor, Adams invariably engages in verbal warfare with the opposition parties and members of his own party who disagree with him. Again, the conflict in Edo State is vintage Oshiomhole. He is now fighting on two fronts – PDP and APC. My researches in history, before writing the VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, would suggest that he has made himself the common enemy of the entire PDP and the Obaseki faction of APC. He is the one everybody wants to destroy first. He should go and read books on the Second World War. Incredibly short German dictator Hitler, 1897-1945, might have won at least one war if he faced that one alone. Britain, like France and a lot of Western Europe was almost, but not fully, conquered before he declared war on Russia. That decision sealed his fate and that of Germany. Like Hitler, Adams appears to be working extremely hard to become the architect of his own misfortune. That would have constituted only a personal tragedy if he will go down alone. But, his position precludes a solitary self-destruction. That is why the other leaders need to act speedily before the pocket-sized “Samson” brings down the roof on everybody – whether APC or not.

Last Line: Buhari owes Oshiomhole no debt of gratitude. He did not win the election on account of what Adams did. He won it, if he did, on the votes of the almajiri. And, he would not risk anything by allowing the Chairman to commit voluntary euthanasia.

Other Sources:

https://www.independent.ng/adams-oshiomhole-elephant-in-apcs-china-shop/

Oga mi welcome for d write up I know say na ogbeni Dele Sobowale fit write like this.oshioba iz a jumping gorrila in a benin museum.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by spirul77: 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
I prefer oshiomhole's style and era of APC's headship to that of his predecessor, John Odigie oyegun any time,any day, all the bickering and katakata APC is experiencing now didn't just start during oshiomhole they started the oyegun era when everybody were bosses of their own in the APC camp, everybody were free to do whatever without been sanctioned and at a time when sarakis and dem Dinos were ganging up against the presidency in the same party, a whole party leader in oyegun couldn't pick a side between the presidency and the saraki camp, he was on the fence ,buhari and tinubu knee the kind of man oshiomhole is before he was given the chairmanship slot, APC as a party needed an iron hand since the senile old man called buhari gives everybody free hand in running things around him. on the fight with his governor, all I would say is "I don't support godfatherism but I hate ingrates" despite all the fights with obaseki, oshiomhole fought tooth and nail to make obaseki the deputy chairman of APC governors forum which was originally slotted for another zone, no doubt he's a loud man but he's just hated generally maybe because of his looks sha, lol, he changed the face of EDO politics and he did excellently well as a governor that his successor can't even match his achievement

3 Likes

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 1:42pm On Nov 03, 2019
d writing skills make sense
bt i dnt have any comment for nw on d topic discussed
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Ayed44: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ok
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by airbrush: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
buiquiey:
Hmmm

soooooo you want some to fry beans?
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by OmoOduduwa01: 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oro po ninu iwe kobo cheesy
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by bmdmix: 1:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
am already bored with the title
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by alaira(m): 2:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
DonFreshmoney:
Be like say the OP, Author, Oshiomhole, Obaseki, BMC, Buhari, APC, are all mad
[/s] We were told not to insult anyone on this platform.Please take note
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Femi316: 2:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Suniyamu:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/adams-oshiomhole-elephant-in-apc-china-shop/

“A manager may have more influence and control over subordinates if they are competing with each other than if they are united against him.” VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, VBQ, p 152.

Adams Oshiomhole, the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, is not my friend, neither is he my enemy. But, I always feel sorry for any individual, who, through years of brutal struggle, sweat and tears finally reaches the top where fame and fortune await him but loses a lot on account of a basic character flaw. Oshiomhole might not realise it, he is an endangered person in Nigerian politics generally. Like a man who had strapped on a belt of explosives in a crowded room, now constitutes a safety risk to himself and others around him. There is probably no other political figure who daily multiplies the number of his political adversaries as the Chair of the APC. He seems to have forgotten the warning made repeatedly on this page that in the political game: “A man alone hasn’t got a chance” (Ernest Hemingway, 1898-1961). Increasingly, the man who should be the second most important rallying point of the APC, after Buhari, has now acquired the image of its uncontrollable destroyer sowing discord everywhere , attracting maledictions from members who should be subservient and uniting the rank and file against himself. He most probably will not last until 2023 unless there is a revolutionary change in his approach to leadership.
“Oshiomhole Creating More Problems For APC.” DAILY INDEPENDENT, October 28, 2019.

One of the leaders of the APC as well as one of its most powerful voices made that assertion. He is from the Niger Delta. Everybody is now aware of the “fight to finish” raging in Edo state between Adams on one side and the Governor as well as the State Commissioner of Police on the other side. Since politics is war by other means, Nigerian historical precedents would suggest that the Abuja-based Chairman will be annihilated by his antagonists. Of all people, he should know that the Nigerian State Governor is one of the worst dictators human beings had ever created. Enveloped in legal immunity while in office, he is lord of the estate; he can do virtually anything including acquiring the land on which your palatial mansion is situated – “for public purposes”, of course.. By comparison, the Chair in Abuja would need the full support of the President as well as members of APC executive committee, to move against the Governor. Even with that help, victory remains un-assured. The question is: will Buhari support Adams? A corollary question is: why would the President do that?

Despite the fact that the bearer of bad news is never welcome, I will still do Oshiomhole a favour and damn the consequences. His rag-tag band of defendants, mostly political mercenaries, will send blistering rejoinders and hope to be rewarded. I understand that scavenging is also part of politics. The hyenas must eat and I have provided a meal. Still, there are two closely-linked questions to answer. Incredibly, it doesn’t require rocket-science intelligence to know what Aso Rock will do. Buhari will stay neutral. That is the bad news for Adams. The worse news is the reason why the President will not bother to save the Chair.

Buhari will stay out of it because, with the second term secured, he no longer needs the Chairman. Only a set-back at the Supreme Court can result in an appeal for support from the party Secretariat. Even there, the man does not enjoy unanimous endorsement. Like the rest of Nigeria, the APC party headquarters is divided over their leader. Some are so angry; they would throw him out today – if they have their way. They might soon have their way. Buhari, as the ultimate leader of the party, can only risk his position if it is absolutely clear that Oshiomhole is badly treated and if he has political value. Truth is, it is not often clear who is right or wrong in the battles involving Adams. He cannot always be relied upon to tell the truth – which is indispensable before the President will intervene in his favour. Two examples will illustrate the point about veracity as a pre-condition for joining a crusade led by Adams.

On the podium two or three years ago, at a VANGUARD ANNUAL ECONOMIC FORUM, were Dr Fayemi (then Minister of Solid Minerals), Professor Soludo and Oshiomhole. Suddenly, Adams announced to the startled participants that Soludo had secretly withdrawn some billions of naira from the Central Bank before a policy change was announced. Soludo responded by calling him a liar. I took side with Soludo because what Adams said was totally untrue and it even made no economic sense for the CBN Governor to do what he was accused of doing. Adams, in my view, just wanted to make the headlines next day as the “defender of the masses”. He forgot that a man sitting on billions of naira which he accumulated while “fighting for the masses” has long lost credibility as the patron saint of the poor masses. There are other examples on record which will help shed light on this matter. But, let us jump to the present.

More recently, an incident occurred in Benin. Several newspapers carried the news that Oshimhole’s house was attacked by mobs in Benin City. It was darkly hinted that the vandals were supporters of the state Governor, Obaseki. I filed the story away with a red ink comment – “highly unbelievable”. The story started to unravel two days after. First, Governor Obaseki released his own statement which totally contradicted the Oshiomole story. Second, the state’s Commissioner of Police also published a rejoinder to the accusation. In the end, what transpired was a typical Adams show. Say anything to make headlines – even if it is fake news. Not being politically partisan, it has not been too difficult for me to know that Governor Obaseki was the truthful party.

That brings us to the abiding issue of leadership and Oshiomhole’s demonstration of it as the Chairman of the ruling party. The man is in a position to create havoc in the polity if his excesses are not curbed. The image of the elephant is quite apt in this regard. One loose cannon in high office can do more damage than ten thousand rioters taking to the streets. Henceforth, the APC has a monumental task on its hands. They have a duty to save themselves and to save Nigeria as well by doing something about their Chairman. What they do and how they do it is their business.

“In every community, there is a class of people profoundly more dangerous to the rest. I don’t mean the criminals. For them we have punitive sanctions. I mean the leaders. Invariably, the most dangerous people seek power.” Saul Bellow. VBQ p 124.

Before every election or selection, eg, Edo State APC flag-bearer for Governor, Adams invariably engages in verbal warfare with the opposition parties and members of his own party who disagree with him. Again, the conflict in Edo State is vintage Oshiomhole. He is now fighting on two fronts – PDP and APC. My researches in history, before writing the VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, would suggest that he has made himself the common enemy of the entire PDP and the Obaseki faction of APC. He is the one everybody wants to destroy first. He should go and read books on the Second World War. Incredibly short German dictator Hitler, 1897-1945, might have won at least one war if he faced that one alone. Britain, like France and a lot of Western Europe was almost, but not fully, conquered before he declared war on Russia. That decision sealed his fate and that of Germany. Like Hitler, Adams appears to be working extremely hard to become the architect of his own misfortune. That would have constituted only a personal tragedy if he will go down alone. But, his position precludes a solitary self-destruction. That is why the other leaders need to act speedily before the pocket-sized “Samson” brings down the roof on everybody – whether APC or not.

Last Line: Buhari owes Oshiomhole no debt of gratitude. He did not win the election on account of what Adams did. He won it, if he did, on the votes of the almajiri. And, he would not risk anything by allowing the Chairman to commit voluntary euthanasia.

Other Sources:

The person that wrote this quote is commendable..... I try to read am my eyes come dey do me as if I take legend lager beer....na double double I come the see every latter.....?
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
alaira:
[s][/s] We were told not to insult anyone on this platform.Please take note

Are you the OP, or this is your troll account?
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by itsene: 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
No doubt the writer has an axe to grind, while pretending to be neutral.
According to the writer he has known Oshiomole to be a "liar" for some years now and is here deceitfully appealing to Buhari to revoke his friendship. So who is Buhari and APC to embrace?
Before the last election, Edwin Clark and co. were against Buhari, so was Obasanjo, Buba Galadima, Northern elders. Oshiomole was prominently out there with the President while others were wondering if Atiku might bounce back, sitting on the fence scared.
So Oshiomole"s enemies have multiplied and jaundiced reports such as this will keep coming.

2 Likes

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by nasirujj(m): 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
Pls I need the object code of this post cos the source code is cumbersome.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by sonnie10: 3:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
Since that incident in Benin involving the Oba of Lagos, I knew Oshimole days in APC were numbered.
Watch out how they continue to bombard him with their media arsenals.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Trezagezz: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
[s][/s]
Suniyamu:

Other Sources:

[s][/s]

Na person pikin write this abi he copy am....
I no fit write or read this long thing...
Who finish am should help me interpret am with voice...
Una get time
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Platony(m): 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Can U READ THIS??

ME: NO!!
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by akposking(m): 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
youngbabaj:
I read am....
No, you did not.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by mclorenzo(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
Una sermon too dey long shior
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Donspicey: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
wetin u bn dey xpect frm a black short dwarf??..al d short men i knw lyk truble pas anytin..even devil don tire 4 dia mata..
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Elsucre042: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just finished reading it...

1 Like

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by edupedia: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Definitely buhari won't give a fuckkkkk about this man

He is not going to take any side. So oshiomhole is on his own

And Edo loves obaseki

I swear Bros
He nor easy to read those things

I just dey read am finish so

Maybe na small hero beer when i take even ginger me to read am self

How much were u paid for this rubbish?...Keep deceiving yourselves...u and the vanguard....
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by RTSC: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ognonnaya onu would have been a very good APC chairman.
A gentleman to the core and they would have avoided a lot of problems.

But he was too sophisticated for the tinubu crew.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by JonDon12: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
kereman1:
Didn't bother reading the useless write, the topic is very discouraging.

Whats the point of your comment ? And If you did not read it, how did you know it was useless?

Abraham Lincoln once said

It is Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.

Adams Onyeoshi-Ole is a turncoat. He is someone that should be fighting for the rights of the common man. Yet you collaborate with someone like Buhari who regularly trampled on people's rights when he was a dictator in the 80s. Even if he was duped by Buhari the candidate, when he saw what Buhari the president was, he should have resigned. Yet he is still clinging to what tiny power he has as APC "chairman" Shame on him.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by jessevictor459: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2019
this is purely from a supporter of The Governor.
what I have to say is that let's all watch out how things are going to play out because it's politics and not logic and those pple claiming to be backing the governor now might end up shocking him.
Edo pple are not even the interest of any party so let's watch and also remember obaseki 2 dae match line, sacking pple anyhow and think of the way he came into power na in contest for himself? make we dae see

1 Like

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Legendguru: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2019
Oh
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by kayusely70(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
An obviously hatchet job sponsored by some disgruntled elements who the chairman didnt allow them to have their ways to instal their puppets as successors, including Filadepia, Bitterkola, Comb, etc, etc.

1 Like

Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Esteem001(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Since Buhari has been the most mentioned name in Nigeria this past year, I think Oxford Dictionary should consider creating a space for him in the dictionary.
For example:
Buhari: /boo-ha-ree/ adjective: hard, difficult, painful , troublesome, harsh, wicked, liar, bad, thief.
.Verb: Buhari.
. Past Tense: Buharied
. Present Continuous: Buharying
. Present Perfect: Buharise
E.g:
... Some girls always like to buharise things,
... The test was Buharistic,
... I had a very Buharied week.
# Buhari: To complicate, make things worse, unbearable.
E.g:
... Please don't come and Buharificate issues here.
... The only way to reduce applicants is to Buharify the process.
... How was your exam? It was Buharific !![/quote]

Weldone sir, you good?!
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by gazza07(m): 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
Divided kingdom with gorrilla at the centre. Adam osho is an evil man like el-rufai,Tinubu,Buhari, rochas, all of 'em APC are evil.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by Flexibiggie: 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nonsense and predigate grin
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by whatthefuck01: 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
i just scroll to d end of d Note. i no read am. na comments i fit read.
Re: "Adams Oshiomhole: Elephant In APC's China Shop" by ChoCho54(f): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2019
emalek86:
If you can read all those words you can make heaven
My dear you should always read people like the Author. I started reading him over 20yrs ago together with kola Animasaun and Prof Adiele all in vanguard then. I used to compile and paste his quotes on the school notice board back in uni. They greatly honed my written and spoken English.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Presenting The National Budget Of 1984 (Picture) / Ex-militants, Soldiers Clash Along Warri-port Harcourt Highway / Boko Haram Member Nabbed By Officials While Trying To Attack Citizens. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.