Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Writing Is Not A Child’s Play - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Is Not A Child’s Play (440 Views)

Real Testimonies Of How Good My Writing Is (Screenshots) / Writing Is Not A Child's Play / Writing Is Not For Little Children By John Chizoba Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by Defavouredkings(m): 12:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Writing is not for lazy minds, it is not for those who cannot think beyond where they are or what they see. It is not for those who cannot think outside the box neither is it for those who want to do it because others are doing it. It is not for those who have no purpose to which they write.

It is for those minds that can think and brainstorm and proffer solutions to some problems, situations, circumstances and, pass a message to the society as well create an ever lasting impression on people’s mind. Our writings mirror the society and serve as the eyes of the masses; it is not a child’s play to be called a writer. You must live up to the task of a writer.

I could remember when I wrote ‘writing is not for little children’ and posted it on facebook and some other sites, I could remember that I was attacked, some asked me why I would say rejection is normal to writers. They asked me if I know the emotional trauma some writers go through each time their works are rejected by magazines or sites they send them to.

I was not able to convince majority of them that being a writer does not mean that you cannot be rejected, in fact I can boldly tell you that each month, I receive close to ten rejection emails from different magazines and sometimes, some don’t even reply my message or acknowledge that they have seen my work submitted to them. You can be abused anytime especially in this side of the world where we find ourselves.

In fact, rejection should be something you shouldn’t be afraid of, you must learn to accept it as it comes, and you must take it as a normal thing without much ado about it. spread your wings and embrace it and never give up on yourself because your works are rejected out there and other people’s works are being accepted, not every magazine fits your works, not every magazine will accept your works just the way they are; not all of them will accept them the way you write them and the way you present them or your style of writing. Every poem or prose or short stories have their own magazine and place.

For the fact that this magazine did not accept one of your poems does not mean another won’t accept it. We are not perfect writers and perfectionism is not part of Art. Art ia not perfect taht is why we have critics who see art from different angles and approach it differently.

If someone like Graciano Enwerem took ten years to write and publish his book, what then are you rushing to do with your manuscript? Give it time and keep working and developing it. if someone like Samson Kukogho was once rejected and later, the same book that was not accepted somewhere won the Guarantee Trust Bank and Okada Books dusty manuscript award elsewhere; then you have hope of getting your book published.

If Harry Potter’s author: J.K. Rowling was rejected many times and today, she is among the wealthiest and famous writers in the world, I bet you, you have not really started writing.

I have over seven books submitted in different publishing houses here in Lagos and some of them have not really give me hope of publishing my book; but I still hope in them. There will be many rejections that would certainly come on your way if actually you want to choose this career, you can’t escape the heat of rejection from publishers, if actually you want to be a writer, you must buckle up your shoes.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/writing-childs-playgirl-blue-dress/

1 Share

Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by pvpzonevc: 1:14pm On Feb 01
Sometimes I get the feeling that my texts are too simple. This is a case where I don't like the simplicity of my writing style. I have an idea about blogging, and I'd like to diversify my texts and make them more interesting.
Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by WantsandMore: 10:21am On Feb 02
"The writer is often faced with two choices, turn away from the reality of life's intimidating complexity or conquer its mystery by battling with it. The writer who chooses the former soon runs out of energy and produces elegantly tired fiction " There was a country. C.A
Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by Blueace247(f): 12:10pm On Feb 02
telli person

Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by pvpzonevc: 2:57pm On Feb 02
Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by Gobla4: 2:59pm On Feb 02
You can find and use various services, as well as tools that will help you improve your texts and improve your writing skills. Despite the development of the neural network, GPT chats, as well as various AI solutions, I think it is important to be able to write great texts. Try checking this resource. There is a large list of tools that will help improve your writing skills, and perhaps something will be useful to you.
Re: Writing Is Not A Child’s Play by abbywood: 1:32pm On May 01
Hello, if you also like to read, I recommend one of my favorite writers. Phyllis J. Perry https://phyllisjperry.com/ literary contributions are simply unparalleled. Her storytelling prowess and dedication to fostering a love for reading have left an indelible mark on the literary landscape. Through her captivating narratives and insightful prose, she has inspired countless readers, young and old alike, to explore the boundless worlds that lie within the pages of a book. Perry's legacy serves as a beacon of inspiration for aspiring writers and educators, reminding us of the transformative power of literature to ignite the imagination and touch the soul. Her impact will continue to resonate for generations to come, shaping the hearts and minds of readers around the world.

(1) (Reply)

URGENT: Proofread And Editor Needed(american English) / Done / Have You Read The Diary Of A Terrorist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.