Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money (22112 Views)

Arresting De General, A Waste Of Taxpayers’ Money, Says Comedian Basketmouth / Dating A Guy For Over 5 Years Is A Waste Of Time – Toke Makinwa / Ebelechukwu Blessing Muokwe Dies In Accident. Burial Is On 10th February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Liliyann(f): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

She has died before, so she knows what happens on the other side

You are a fool
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by SenecaTheYonger: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Liliyann:

You are a fool

You are a darling.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by ambu2: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Kendollar696:

I'm glad you said its your opinion.
so it's yul opinion too..
take it or leave it..
it's not about his father's burial, the mentality is already sickening.
A life is lost, bereaved runs into debt.
For what?
Spending excessively for burial is a choice. I have buried my father and no debt was incurred. Instead we had surpluse from condolence money. It is a choice to go for a gold-plated casket, use the elite undertaker, print gloss burial brochure, choose an expensive fabric for aso ebi, serve several meals beyond jollof rice and swallow, serve Heineken, stout and fruit juice, etc. There are cheaper but functional alternatives.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by mechanics(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
I concur.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by witworth(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
Example number 1 is the Yorubas, many of them are even suffering but will still go and borrow money for burial.
#SufferHead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Kendollar696(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
ambu2:

Spending excessively for burial is a choice. I have buried my father and no debt was incurred. Instead we had surpluse from condolence money. It is a choice to go for a gold-plated casket, use the elite undertaker, print gloss burial brochure, choose an expensive fabric for aso ebi, serve several meals beyond jollof rice and swallow, serve Heineken, stout and fruit juice, etc. There are cheaper but functional alternatives.

Now you are making sense...
Anyways, sorry for your lost..
truly it's a choice buh pride won't allow some people.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by genii96(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
MelesZenawi:
You are serious.... Rubbish... nonsense.

Yul is talking trash.

If your father or mother die, don't give them befitting burial.

You make no sense.

You have to give a befitting burial to the dead, so they go home in peace and glory.

In trying to make sense, u makes no sense.

So those that are not buried with millions don't get peace?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by tiswell(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Liliyann:
If you like, don't give your father a befitting burial when he dies undecided

A sensible Igbo man that was raised in a good home won't utter such nonsense!!!

It's the last honour and respect you give to the dead!!
Do you want them to be made mockery of when they finally get there??

This post is definitely for people with your kind of mindset about extravagant burial events.Nobody mocks anyone in the great beyond,if you are dead,you are dead.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Showing that we have arrived is in our blood.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by edoairways: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
ikorodureporta:
wetin u go do if village ppl bill u??

These days list dey compete with marriage list
Boycott them
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
lexxyrule:

Pray you grow old and rich, live very rich and you'll change your mind I believe
Bros, not bragging, am rich already.

It's poor folks who actually live thier lives to impress others.

This is why the idea of lavish burial ceremony is actually common only among Africans given thier deep-rooted poverty orientation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by millionboi2: 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
hisgrace090:
For the super rich they should continued spending as they like in burial because it is an avenue for the public to make money too from them as they hardly spend ordinarily.
Sense will not kill u
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by millionboi2: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
MelesZenawi:
You are serious.... Rubbish... nonsense.

Yul is talking trash.

If your father or mother die, don't give them befitting burial.

You make no sense.

You have to give a befitting burial to the dead, so they go home in peace and glory.

In trying to make sense, u makes no sense.
ur opinion
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by midnighter(f): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
tiswell:
This post is definitely for people with your kind of mindset about extravagant burial events.Nobody mocks anyone in the great beyond,if you are dead,you are dead.

Well, the point is that nobody knows for sure what actually happens in the great beyond

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Ok
Lol...sorry for that, autocorrect destroyed my write-up. Is it ok to send you a private message?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by barinedan(m): 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
I am not praying for it now but lets watch and see when your old man goes down if you can use just a hundred thousand naira to organize his funeral
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by midnighter(f): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
It was the wrong time to say this when everybody knows his aging father

It will be crazy if Pete edochie is given a modest burial upon all his reputation so saying this was quite a stupid move and kind of insensitive too even though he made some points.

Putting the emphasis on money spent was wrong

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Obakoolex(m): 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
I concurred until my father died. When I sum up all I spent during the burial...hmnn no be small thin o! Cos I appreciate God for a life well spent and thus, a befitting burial wasn't a bad idea if you have, not putting yourself into unnecessary trouble cos of show off!

Wait until your parent dies then you can judge grin
I pray they live very old in good health

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Ginaz(f): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
midnighter:
It was the wrong time to say this when everybody knows his aging father

It will be crazy if Pete edochie is given a modest burial upon all his reputation so saying this was quite a stupid move and kind of insensitive too even though he made some points.

Putting the emphasis on money spent was wrong

Exactly! His father is influential so how is he going to do it?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by DCmonster: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
festacman:
We wait and see how he will bury his father Peter Edochie when he joins saints triumphant.

The reality is that every Adult Igbo soul goes home with vitals: wailing, songs, music, dance, gunshots and feasting. Even the children of the deceased are expected to shout intermittently while dancing "My father or mother, it is happening loud for you"

However, no two burial and funeral ceremonies are the same. Anyone is allowed to plan within their means but the vital things are usually intact. Nobody is forcing anyone to spend big. Just like wedding and birthday, big celebrations beyond the vitals are by choice.

Unfortunately, sophistication brought in publication of elaborate brochure and use of unnecessary publicity signage as well as expensive souvenirs while association with Yoruba has introduced aso ebi into the mix.
what's this one yarning now?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by egopersonified(f): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
abeg abeg make una no come spoil business for us. The wedding, burial and hotel industries are our biggest customers. Make una no dey loud this kin opinion.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by webngnews: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tru
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
kingkakaone:

Lol...sorry for that, autocorrect destroyed my write-up.
Is it ok to send you a private message?
yep
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Onitola2: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
sinaj:
Some families and friends wont contribute or visit when one is sick but are ready to travel and even contribute for the burial.
the funniest part is people lending money to do burial ceremony
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by tillaman(m): 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Freaking waste Mehn
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Sunnyobums: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
Liliyann:
If you like, don't give your father a befitting burial when he dies undecided

A sensible Igbo man that was raised in a good home won't utter such nonsense!!!

It's the last honour and respect you give to the dead!!
Do you want them to be made mockery of when they finally get there??

Ignorance at it's peak, you think the afterlife is a village gathering where the dead gather to talk about their life on earth, u are wrong then cos the dead don't give a hoot about their burial, they sleep on awaiting God's final judgment, he is right BTW, why spend millions to bury the dead only to keep the living starved and suffering?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Sunnyobums: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jaymoney5000:

Oga calm down na like you dey find.....I no go give you am grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Baba u harsh gan
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
festacman:
We wait and see how he will bury his father Peter Edochie when he joins saints triumphant.

The reality is that every Adult Igbo soul goes home with vitals: wailing, songs, music, dance, gunshots and feasting. Even the children of the deceased are expected to shout intermittently while dancing "My father or mother, it is happening loud for you"

However, no two burial and funeral ceremonies are the same. Anyone is allowed to plan within their means but the vital things are usually intact. Nobody is forcing anyone to spend big. Just like wedding and birthday, big celebrations beyond the vitals are by choice.

Unfortunately, sophistication brought in publication of elaborate brochure and use of unnecessary publicity signage as well as expensive souvenirs while association with Yoruba has introduced aso ebi into the mix.

You are a prolific writer!!!
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by Realfrankie(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
So true
You'll be suffering in school struggling to feed and when you call home for money they'll tell you they don't have but when someone dies they'll use one day to raise 10m, the ones that don't have it cash will even borrow. Is that not evil?
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by tiswell(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
midnighter:

Well, the point is that nobody knows for sure what actually happens in the great beyond
Now that settles it.
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by johnmattew: 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
sinaj:
Some families and friends wont contribute or visit when one is sick but are ready to travel and even contribute for the burial.
this one weak me o
Re: Yul Edochie: Spending Much On Burial Is A Waste Of Money by lexxyrule(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, not bragging, am rich already.

It's poor folks who actually live thier lives to impress others.

This is why the idea of lavish burial ceremony is actually common only among Africans given thier deep-rooted poverty orientation.

Okay Mr over rich on NL. Why have fears of been celebrated at death when you already must have lived a fulfilled life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija 2021: This is the most boring season – Uche Jombo / Is Buhari's Gov Scared Of Investigating Obasanjo And Other Presidents?-Seun Kuti / "KANA" By Olamide And Wizkid Tops Nigeria iTunes Chart 24 hours After Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.