Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:48 AM

UNILORIN Transporters Embark On Peaceful Protest, Refuse To Commute Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Transporters Embark On Peaceful Protest, Refuse To Commute Students (426 Views)

ASUU to embark On Nationwide Strike, issues 21-day notice to Federal Govt / UNILAG Medical Students Stage Peaceful Protest Over Poor Electricity (pics/vid) / No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Transporters Embark On Peaceful Protest, Refuse To Commute Students by Trivalence: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2019
By Chima Osuji

Operators of the minibus campus shuttle popularly called “korope” at the University of Ilorin have refused to convey Unilorin students to the school campus over the alleged refusal of the Student Union to endorse their proposed hike in transport fare.

Based on this, the transporters are currently on a peaceful protest in what seems to be a calculated attempt to prevail on the Union executives to yield to their demand.

Lanre News can confirm this development as the buses of the protesting drivers were parked at their designated terminus in the Tanke area of Ilorin, with many students stranded and bound on a collision course in a free-for-all rush at any available cab willing to convey them to school.

In a chat with one of the protesting drivers who pleaded anonymity, he vehemently stated that neither he nor his colleagues would convey any student to and from campus unless the Student Union accede to their demand by signing the agreement on the proposed increment.

However, one of the operators was ignorant of the development. He claimed he was not informed by their transport Union of the said protest, neither was he giving the benefit of hindsight on the move.

In his word,”I have not been to Terminus this morning, my turning point has been Okeodo, therefore I am not aware of that. All other buses are at Terminus but then I’ve noticed that there are few buses entering school. He concluded that maybe they just came up with it this morning.”

A student, Omo-Akin in reaction to the protest said: “Student reaction to this isn’t funny. Nobody wants to pay 70naira

“We will be forced to...

Full Story: http://lanrenews.com/unilorin-transporters-embark-on-peaceful-protest-decry-student-union-failure-to-endorse-transport-fare-increment/

Re: UNILORIN Transporters Embark On Peaceful Protest, Refuse To Commute Students by zyzxx(m): 11:42am On Nov 04, 2019
korope i beg work o, they should resolve this before evening. else the student will suffer it

(1) (Reply)

Used Lexus ES 330 Foreign 2005 Model Grey / I Want To Create A Website To Link Tutors And Students / If You Are Still Struggling With Paying Your School Fess,read This!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.