Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband (53931 Views)

Mexican Police Arrest Deadly Gang Leader, Seized Gold-plated AR-15 Rifle(Pics) / Mother Kills Herself And Child After Father Denied The Baby / Mother Kills Her Child To Punish Husband In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by oz4real83(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2019
FindingNigeria:

Thieves will always have guns whether you like it or not.

Look at Nigeria, guns are not allowed but thieves still come with guns.

Allowing people own guns legitimately is helping them protect themselves against those who owned guns illegitimately.
whether legitimately or illegitimately, the issue still remains that there are too many guns in America and it takes less than a second for an individual to transit from legitimate gun use to illegitimate use. All those cases of mass murder, most of them acquired their weapons legitimately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2019
friendlyadvice:
how does a civilian have a fvcking AR-15?

For long guns, which includes rifles like AR -15s and shotguns, the
minimum age of purchase from a licensed dealer is 18 under the
federal law. But there's no minimum age to purchase a long gun
from a unlicensed seller. .

1 Like

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
So should we now call her Jane Bond??

pregnant queen latifah bond
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by omenpetrol: 10:39am On Nov 05, 2019
STFU
oz4real83:
Good one but this is exactly the reason some people are advancing againt banning guns in America. They will say that if this family for instance, had no gun at home, the robbers would have succeeded. They forgot that if the thieves had to guns, they may not have ventured into such act knowing fully well the risks involved when using other weapons not as effective, efficient and fast like guns for robbery. There are still too many guns in America.

1 Like

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by DSoj(m): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2019
Legendary wife. Yoruba women will shout EGBAWA OOOO
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2019
kuuljay:
Abeg them dey use stapler take arrange wound? I don learn something!!

very effective and has been around longer than you .
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by onyeali(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2019
I think it is time the Federal Government of Nigeria make private ownership of gun accessible to All adult nigerians for security purposes.

2 Likes

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by brookz: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Obodo ibo tagged them as INTRUDERS

For Naija they are called

HERDMEN
BOKO HARAM
MILITANTS
ARMED ROBBERS
IPOBARIANS grin grin

Add your own cool
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2019
oz4real83:
she was in their bedroom while the robbery was going on in the sitting room. They even fired into the bedrooom when they knew somembody was there even though they didn't see who was there. It was when she saw them exposed from the bedroom where she was hiding that she took their rifle which was already in the bedroom that she fired at them. Note that she never left the bedroom and the robbers never came to the bedroom. Read it again slowly.

The guy said one of the robbers fired a gun at the wife WHEN SHE CAME OUT OF THEIR BEDROOM TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

Where did u manufacture this your story from?
Chai cheesy cheesy
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by GreyLaw(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2019
Xisnin:
Pro-gun propaganda at its worst.
The thieves wouldn't have a gun in the first place if guns were illegal.

Excellent! Just like guns are illegal in Nigeria and yet rogues and criminals have semiautomatic and even automatic rifles in Nigeria.

What are you even talking about? Criminals can get guns anywhere and anytime!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2019
SmartyPants:

So are you saying that

1. in countries without guns, there are no violent break ins?

2. criminals cannot get weapons illegally?

Let me help you with the answers. Of course there are violent break ins. Two thieves aremd with knives or machetes coudl still have overpowered one man and his pregnant wife!

And good sir, criminals do not walk into a store and buy weapons, they get them illegally.

they can purchase guns from legal sources illegally so in a way they can walk into stores and purchase these weapons, AR 15 was Used in a recent mass shooting the person didn't show signs of a criminal or whatever when he purchased it, people k3ep cache of weapons at home someone may just decide to borrow any of them for unknown reasons and. turn criminal or mass killer.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by peeps4u: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2019
Xisnin:

Don't thieves have guns in Nigeria?
Aren't guns illegal here?

The way you people just formulate theory which doesn't work in reality is alarming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2019
oz4real83:
whether legitimately or illegitimately, the issue still remains that there are too many guns in America and it takes less than a second for an individual to transit from legitimate gun use to illegitimate use. All those cases of mass murder, most of them acquired their weapons legitimately.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation released crime
statistics for 2018, indicating knives were more than
five times as likely to be used as murder than rifles
were.
A fact sheet of the FBI’s 2018 crime statistics
published [September 20 2019] detailed some of the
Bureau’s analysis of crime statistics, particularly
studying the types of weapons used in murders.
Rifles, as a particular category of firearm, were used
to kill 297 people in 2018. By comparison, knives
and other cutting instruments were the murder
weapon for 1,515 murders in 2018.
The rifle category of firearms is a broad one
comprised of bolt, pump, and lever-action firearms
in addition to semi-automatic firearms like AR-15s,
suggesting semi-automatic rifles comprise an even
smaller number than the 297 total murders by rifle
in 2018.

you're welcome.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2019
What a desolate place. They're living too far away from the people na. I'm still wondering exactly where in Florida is this desolate and excluded-looking.

1 Like

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by HarryDuce(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2019
WriterX:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation released crime
statistics for 2018, indicating knives were more than
five times as likely to be used as murder than rifles
were.
A fact sheet of the FBI’s 2018 crime statistics
published [September 20 2019] detailed some of the
Bureau’s analysis of crime statistics, particularly
studying the types of weapons used in murders.
Rifles, as a particular category of firearm, were used
to kill 297 people in 2018. By comparison, knives
and other cutting instruments were the murder
weapon for 1,515 murders in 2018.
The rifle category of firearms is a broad one
comprised of bolt, pump, and lever-action firearms
in addition to semi-automatic firearms like AR-15s,
suggesting semi-automatic rifles comprise an even
smaller number than the 297 total murders by rifle
in 2018.

you're welcome.
This just further proves his point. Guns are difficult to obtain illegally in America.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2019
onyeali:
I think it is time the Federal Government of Nigeria make private ownership of gun accessible to All adult nigerians for security purposes.
I concur with you. The idiots would have had a field day, even raped their daughter just like that
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Xisnin:
And you believe the thieves and cult boys in Nigeria dont have a gun since its illegal?
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Xisnin:

The bold is a lie.
Criminals get their guns legally.
No, gun shops are not the only source of legal guns.
Buying a gun from a friend or stranger is also legal.

known fact, People pawn their weapons on a daily bases to pawn shops which have less or standard operating rules and regulations to monitor those those weapons are sold to.

unlicensed weapons too can be sold too, weapons sales is not a big deal over there .
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Thank God she has balls.
Lol...been a while. How're u?
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2019
beamtopola:

And you believe the thieves and cult boys in Nigeria dont have a gun since its illegal?

this side are known to manufacture their own guns too, in fact we have more people who manufacture locally made weapons than the licensed ones.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by bigkingwillie(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2019
oz4real83:
Good one but this is exactly the reason some people are advancing againt banning guns in America. They will say that if this family for instance, had no gun at home, the robbers would have succeeded. They forgot that if the thieves had to guns, they may not have ventured into such act knowing fully well the risks involved when using other weapons not as effective, efficient and fast like guns for robbery. There are still too many guns in America.
i dont quite agree wit u here. If there is gun control criminals will still find a way to have them at the expense of the law abiding citizens. In our dear country even water pistol is prohibited buy the newbie bad guy still under training has access to an Ak. Last time a state governor was telling his people to protect themselves with stones when criminal herdsmen come attacking. I the first place there will be no attack if people in the community had good guns too. The herdsman will respect them and go the other way. No arm robber dare come to my house because they know wats up and they have sense
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Don't thieves have guns in Nigeria?
Aren't guns illegal here?

The way you people just formulate theory which doesn't work in reality is alarming.
They dont have a talking point. That lad has been brainwash by the globalist who are looking to control the doing and saying of the society
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2019
fairfora:
Lol...been a while. How're u?
I'm fine smiley

1 Like

Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2019
HarryDuce:
This just further proves his point. Guns are difficult to obtain illegally in America.

true in a way and it exposes the fact that gun related crimes is much lower than we think hence not a threat to the sales of guns if it's the other way round I am sure stricter laws and regulations would be made by now plus guns and gun ownership is a culture to the average white man.

they love it and enjoy it.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2019
WriterX:

this side are known to manufacture their own guns too, in fact we have more people who manufacture locally made weapons than the licensed ones.
So what your point now? Do u still blame the progun for trying to defend theirsef from these criminals?
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by oz4real83(m): 11:02am On Nov 05, 2019
sassysure:

The guy said one of the robbers fired a gun at the wife WHEN SHE CAME OUT OF THEIR BEDROOM TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.

Chai cheesy cheesy
you didn't read the post when it was originally posted. This new post should be the third editted post op is making. The original post didn't even have pics as detailed as these. Check earlier comments and u will understand it
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2019
beamtopola:

So what your point now? Do u still blame the progun for trying to defend theirsef from these criminals?

listen I don't support gun violence but even the Nigerian constitution recognizes self defense , there's so much such laws which would help us procure such weapons go right and wrong here in Nigeria mostly wrong for real but over there it's only the right thing to do , they have that right and I respect it.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by SmartyPants(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2019
WriterX:

they can purchase guns from legal sources illegally so in a way they can walk into stores and purchase these weapons, AR 15 was Used in a recent mass shooting the person didn't show signs of a criminal or whatever when he purchased it, people k3ep cache of weapons at home someone may just decide to borrow any of them for unknown reasons and. turn criminal or mass killer.

If you purchase from a legal source illegaly, an illegality has still occured. Don't get caught up in hypotheticals. My point simply is, if you take away all legal prospects of owning guns, criminals will still find ways to get them. do you agree or not?
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by friendlyadvice: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2019
WriterX:

For long guns, which includes rifles like AR -15s and shotguns, the
minimum age of purchase from a licensed dealer is 18 under the
federal law. But there's no minimum age to purchase a long gun
from a unlicensed seller. .

so as i dey i fit buy fully automatic rifle to murder pipo i dont like?

God bless america grin
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by slegend(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2019
Choi. See new site for Florida
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by WriterX(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2019
sassysure:

Chai cheesy cheesy

actual story

A pregnant woman is credited with saving the lives of her husband and
daughter after she used an AR-15 to fatally gun down a home intruder, a
report said.
The hero mom sprung into action when two intruders entered the
family’s Lithia, Fla. home last week and pistol whipped her husband
while violently grabbing their daughter, according to the Hillsborough
County Sheriff’s Office.
“They came in heavily hooded and masked,” the husband, Jeremy King,
told Bay News 9 .
“As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me
and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.”
The robbers then pistol-whipped King and kicked him while the man’s
wife, who is eight months pregnant, retreated into the bedroom.
“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped
him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly
200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”
Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body
lying in the ditch nearby. The second suspect was on the loose.
The homeowner said he took a “severe beating,” but credited his wife
for saving him.
“I’ve got a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity, a concussion,
20 stitches and three staples in my head,” said King.
“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My
wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”
The sheriff’s office added that the firearm was in the home legally.
Re: Florida: Heavily Pregnant Mother Kills Home Intruder With AR-15, Saves Husband by bigkingwillie(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2019
oz4real83:
it also take a minute to be sent to life without parole. And that is if he is not shot during his own minute

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Stabs His Mother To Death In Ogun State Over Food(Graphic Photos) / Pastor's Son Who Beheaded Girl For Rituals Escapes From Remand Home. Photos / Thief Caught At Shoprite In Lagos, Rescued From Being Lynched By Mob. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.