Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,785 members, 7,837,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Edo’s Transformation Magical – Uzamere, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo’s Transformation Magical – Uzamere, Others (601 Views)

Ministerial List: Saraki, Lawan Feud May Complicate Issues For Buhari– Uzamere / Britain Aided Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon, Says Senator Uzamere / Driver Robs Senator Edoghie Uzamere At Gunpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo’s Transformation Magical – Uzamere, Others by koruji(m): 2:02am On Nov 15, 2010

News Nov 15, 2010 By Simon Ebegbulem
BENIN—THE Senator representing Edo South senatorial district of Edo State in the Senate, Senator Ehigie Uzamere, and a chieftain of Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, in the state, Dr Festus Imuetinya, weekend, described the infrastructural developments witnessed in the state since the two years of administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole as magical.

“I said it is magical because many of us are wondering how he was able to utilize the lean resources that accrued to the state.

“The projects on ground are not just projects but quality projects, the type the state witnessed during the time of Dr Samuel Ogbemudia.

“It is shocking because our allocation in Edo State is not like that of Delta and other oil rich states, yet we are witnessing wonders,” Uzamere said.

The senator, who carpeted those who are claiming that there was nothing to celebrate since most of the jobs are yet to be completed, stated that “ our major problem in this state is that we politicize every thing, even when it has to do with our lives.

You can see that though we have a fair share of our problem in terms of crime, you will notice that with the coming of the street lights, places like Ring road is no longer a safe haven for armed robbers.

“Look at the city buses, water drilling machines and honestly I was marvelled when I saw the roads being constructed in Edo North. It has never been this good for the state particularly since the commencement of this democratic dispensation in 1999.

So it will be irresponsible for any body to say that there was nothing on ground and as a senator of the Federal Republic, I know what enters this state monthly and when you compare it with that of other states in the South South, you will only describe Oshiomhole as the messiah we have been waiting for,” he said.

On his part, Dr Imuetinya asserted: “We have moved now from a situation where people felt that nothing good can come out of government. Now we are seeing the difference.

The years of decay have been turned around, we now have a situation where we are experiencing good things manifesting in the state. And the one that is very gladdening to me is the attention that we are now trying to pay to education, particularly primary education.”

“ If you recall recently when the Governor inaugurated caretaker committees for Local Governments, the governor emphatically insisted that henceforth, 70 per cent of Local Government capital projects should be spent on primary schools and I can imagine the implication of that in the next few months” he stated.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/edos-transformation-magical-uzamere-others/
Re: Edo’s Transformation Magical – Uzamere, Others by koruji(m): 2:02am On Nov 15, 2010
Any information from Edo residents that can confirm this transformation would be appreciated.

We can't take the word of politicians at face value.

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Is A Blessing To Our Generation. What Do You Know About Him? / Ivory Coast: see satellite pictures / Jonathan Stop Killing Your Own People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.