Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. (277 Views)

United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name / HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by dignity33: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2019
I have travel around some country and what I noticed from the country citizen is love to there country, they love their respective countries more than there own family not shy and always proud to called the name of the country they are from but the reverse is the case when you confront a Nigeria citizens outside Nigeria ask him where he is from he will find it hard mention Nigeria sometime he will either said Ghana or other African country . Don't you think it will be better to rename Nigeria atleast it will help to save Nigeria from the shame we pass through as a Nigeria?
Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by leokid866: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2019
dignity33:
I have travel around some country and what I noticed from the country citizen is love to there country, they love their respective countries more than there own family not shy and always proud to called the name of the country they are from but the reverse is the case when you confront a Nigeria citizens outside Nigeria ask him where he is from he will find it hard mention Nigeria sometime he will either said Ghana or other African country . Don't you think it will be better to rename Nigeria atleat it will help to save Nigeria from the shame we pass through as a Nigeria?

Hush....we have Nigeria....if you are not proud of it drop it......it's not by force

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by idesylvester(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2019
How about the people inside?
If I must support the change of name then, they must take everybody out and bring new people while we all go through rehabilitation in America...
My thoughts

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by wakaman: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Mscheeeew, change the name for what, why and by whom?

Coming from the most underserving pro ipob elements.
angry

Change the name of your village first.
Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by MANABBQGRILLS: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2019
Ghana was called Gold Coast

The way these British name country is insulting, they don't consider us as humans
Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by TMKsouth: 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
idesylvester:
How about the people inside?
If I must support the change of name then, they must take everybody out and bring new people while we all go through rehabilitation in America...
My thoughts

Lol grin grin grin
Re: Don't You Think Ohaneze Youth Are Right About Changing Nigeria Name. by EagleNest(m): 11:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
Yes, why not. Any positive change is welcomed. Even though it is a mere change of label, I would think changing the content itself would have been more befeneficial.

Below countries changed their names to something local to delete colonial footprints:

Rhodesia changed to Zimbabwe
Gold Coast changed to Ghana
Ivory Coast changed to Cote d'Ivore
Some India big cities like Bombay, Madrass, etc was changed to local names - Mumbai, Chennai, etc.

(1) (Reply)

FG Declares Monday As Public Holiday To Mark 2019 Eidul-mawlid Celebration / Did Buhari Follow UK Orders To Suspend Osinbanjo Aides / Africa, The Dark Continent, Literally!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.