Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank (4465 Views)

Robbie Brady Loses Teeth After Bloody Clash With Teammate In Chelsea Match(pics) / Former Footballer Samuel Kuffour Shaves Hair After Ghana Loses To Ivory Coast / Former Footballer Samuel Kuffour Shaves Hair After Ghana Loses To Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by Phate07(m): 5:22am On Nov 15, 2010

The Central Bank of Nigeria has failed the “stress test” of Unity Bank losing 3-2 to Unity Stars F/C in their Semi-Final encounter at the on-going CBN Governor’s Cup. The tournament is for financial institutions in the country.

The game, which was played at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna, was one of the toughest since the tournament began penultimate week.

Two first half strikes from
Ibrahim Hamisu and Skipper
Ibrahim Yakubu put the lemon green Unity Stars in the driving seat. Fifteen minutes into the game, Unity’s phenomenal Tukur Abdullahi dribbled his way to the right flank and sent in a cross, which Hamisu converted to raise the curtains.

CBN tried to respond but Unity’s midfield manned by Hamisu and Sunday Moses resisted the onslaught, and combined well with their defence which was
commanded by the towering
Ibrahim Yakubu to give their
goalkeeper Henry enough cover.

Unity Stars’ second goal came following another ‘draft’ display initiated by centre half Jamilu, who located Sunday Moses in the middle.
www.234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5642447-146/unity_bank_beat_cbn_to_final.csp?
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by FBS: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2010
HA! Unity Bank. I see you guys! E kare l'aiye! grin
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by asamuel: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
how I wish they are as good in banking as they are in football.
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by apoti(m): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2010
asamuel:

at least they are good at something grin
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by mcneal: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2010
asamuel:

They are quite okay really to d best of my knowledge,
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by FBS: 8:23am On Nov 16, 2010
asamuel:

They are ok but they will have to improve though.
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by chelseabmw(m): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
Congrats to untiy bank.It's not easy at all
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by sulad82i(m): 1:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
so banks do have some fun too grin grin grin

good. this will lighten up the stress of bankers
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by sameve: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
if they are not good in banking, Falalu Bello (Unit Bank MD)would have gone the way of Cecilia Ibru, Eratus Akingbola, Francis Atuche e.t.c. Unity bank is good jooooo. Bnaking is not in noise making but in practise
Re: Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank by ukukaegbu(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2010
Congrats, Unity Bank. You guys are good. It's not about noise making.

(1) (Reply)

Weekly Football Pool Compiler / I Am A Proffesional Tipster,follow Me And Make Good Money / "Messi Vs Ronaldo" Football Career "Statistics" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.