Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

I Have Told God To Teach Me The Humility Of Okowa And Agas-delta State Can Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Told God To Teach Me The Humility Of Okowa And Agas-delta State Can Boss (293 Views)

Picture Of Okowa And Sowore Smiling At Peter OBI At The ICAN Annual Conference / This Picture Shows The Humility Of President Muhammadu Buhari / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Told God To Teach Me The Humility Of Okowa And Agas-delta State Can Boss by comrodioodio001: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2019
I HAVE TOLD GOD TO TEACH ME THE HUMILITY OF OKOWA AND AGAS----DELTA STATE CAN CHAIRMAN.

The chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Delta State Chapter, Senior Apostle Dr. Sam Okorote has described His Excellency, Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, Governor of Delta State as a man enriched with God’s given humility.

He gave the description during the thanksgiving/recognition service of Organization of Africa Instituted Churches, OAIC (Delta State Chapter) a Bloc of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN at St. Lazarus Christ Church, Ughelli, in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State on Thursday 31st October,2019.

Speaking in recognition of individuals who have contributed to the growth and development of OAIC, Delta State since inception in 1997, the CAN chairman said “Governor Okowa has been supportive, never turned down the request of the organization despite his busy schedule. I wonder the kind of humility he is blessed with by God”.

He further described Governor Okowa, as that one man one can actually depend on and be rest assures of him giving you the needed attention irrespective of background or affilation.

In a sermon titled: Count Your Blessing And Give Thanks to God, with anchor scripture from (Psalm 100:4, 119:64) by Archbishop Dr. Israel Ege, South-South CAN/OAIC Chairman, said God is the original definition of goodness and encourages every Christian to always give thanks to God, circumstances not with standing.

OAIC, Delta State Chapter in appreciation honored Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, with an award for his contribution towards the organization and good leadership qualities which was received by Senator Emmanuel Aguariawvodo on behalf of the Governor.

The Chairman, OAIC, Delta State, His Eminence Archbishop Dr. Jonathan M.O. Arhavwarien, in his open remark appreciated Governor Okowa, for his contributions to the group: “Your Excellency, I sincerely thank you for the warm fellowship we have enjoyed from you from 2014 when you first lectured at our seminar at Songhai Delta, Amukpe till date. Your support is not less than sixty percent of the progress we have made as an organization today”.

In the same vein, the Chief Strategist to Delta State Government and immediate past Secretary to the Delta State Government, SSG, Rt. Hon. Festus Agas, was also conferred with an award in appreciation for his contribution towards the growth of OAIC in Delta State.

According to Senior Apostle Okorote, CAN chairman, Delta State, who read the citation of Agas, described him as an epitome of humility, hon our and integrity.

"This man that has served not just the governor but the State with everything that he has is very unique. I have told God to teach me the humility of Sen. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa and the humility of Festus Ovie Agas,

“But let me tell you the one that broke me down finally. At the Governor's second term inauguration, the Governor saw me and said, CAN is this where you are sitting? He said SSG get a sit for him at the front and Agas, stood from his seat were he was seating side by side with his wife, quickly removed his name tag and asked me to sit I left there heartbroken by such humility. Only those with the fear of God can exhibits such character”. He said.

Archbishop Arhavwarien, who also appreciated the role of Festus Agas and referred to him as destiny helper to OAIC in his remark said, “I can never forget in a hurry our destiny helper Rt. Hon. Barr. Festus Agas, the immediate past Delta SSG whom God used in many ways to help OAIC Delta State and OAIC churches, Osu, (which means leader) may God do for you what you cannot do for yourself in Jesus name—Amen”, he prayed.

Senator Emmanuel Aguariawvodo in his remarks on behalf of the governor, expressed gratitude to God almighty for the honor and thanked OAIC on behalf of other awardees for finding them worthy and asked God to continue to bless the leadership of OAIC, and raise men to continually support the work of God.

Other recipients were His Eminence Papa Ayo Oristsehafor, Apostle Dr. Sam Efetobor, Senior Apostle Dr. S. Okorotie, Hon. Chief. Chika Ossai, Rev. Gideon Oyibo and Mother of Grace M.O. Ohworho among others.

Re: I Have Told God To Teach Me The Humility Of Okowa And Agas-delta State Can Boss by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 05, 2019
Make I no talk wetin Dy my mind.

(1) (Reply)

OPINION By Ben Murray Bruce / Leaked Audio / Appeal Court Verdict: Between Akpabio, Ukarakpa And INEC, Who Really Lost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.