Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian (1702 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian by Sharonjay1001: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2019
One of the biggest worries intending migrants who are intent on pursuing a study abroad program is how to explain the gap years since their last qualification, especially those who have just O/level as their highest qualification. A lot of mature candidates wonder if this will stand against them in their quest to study abroad.
I will tell you what to do if you found yourself in this category of people; your study abroad dream isn’t over, be it in the United States, Canada, UK, and the rest of Europe. This is exactly what you should do in that situation.
Every school demands a letter of intent from applicants. Ensure in your letter of intent that you state all what you have done between those years. List trainings you have attended, seminars, courses, conferences, certifications gained and the jobs you have done.
According to the publisher of CandaWithoutIlets; ‘You simply include your GAP years (years between your last qualification and now) as the period you have used to gain "on the field experience" which you now want to develop on by taking a course in an institution in Canada’.

Ensure you make the school and the immigration officials understand that - You believe this opportunity will give you a better understanding on how to be more productive in your profession. Tell them that the course you are applying for will enhance your knowledge and exposure and you will in turn impact on the community where you have practiced for Years (or the number of GAP Years in your case)

I assure you this no immigration, embassy, or institution wouldn’t find meaning in an explanation like this. This kind of explanation appeals both to the institution and embassy officials and increases your chances of being admitted into Canadian, American, British or European institutions.

You letter of intent is like a cover letter sent to a prospective employer, do not joke with it. In this case, your letter of intent gives you the opportunity to convince the institution, immigration and embassy officials. Like I said earlier, there are various samples of letters on the internet or better still, get someone who has done it before to help you write it.
Remember the Work-Study Pathway to Canada is the most reliable way to migrate to Canada.

READ ALSO: CANADA (QUEBEC) RECRUITS AROUND THE WORLD, APPLY NOW

The information given on this thread is for educational purpose only and it is completely FREE. This tips aren’t expert immigration advise, you should consult an immigration lawyer if you are in doubt.

Let me surprise you..

You Can Study in Canada without IELTS, That one thing Hindering Your Future

Last time I got a terrifying call from my kid sister.

She had been robbed by some cultists hawking around ATMs on campus.

I quickly asked her: "Did they touch you?"

Her reply: "No… I gave them my phone without hesitation. They took the phones and moneys of others also — and left us in shock"

I breathe a sigh of relief and told her I'll see her today and make sure she reports to the University's security.

Guess what?

At the first security post we reached to make complaint…

… after hearing us, they said they ain't responsible for that area of campus the crime took place.

So they referred us to another security post.

The next security post said the same thing and referred us to a third security post.

None of them wanted the matter on their table.

They kept posting us — wanting to live in denial that the school is safe — by not having the record on their file.

Just like many keep living in denial that Nigeria is manageable because…

Herdsmen haven't gotten to their area.

SARZ haven't gunned down any of their loved ones.

The failing health system hasn't tortured any of their loved ones to death.

They've never missed high paying opportunities from denied visa because of their Nigerian passport.

Their kids haven't grown and ask them: "Mom, Dad, what were you guys doing when others were guaranteeing dual citizenship and world class education for their kids?"

Today, all employers consider foreign BSc certificates before a Nigerian MSc holder.

And it gets tougher everyday.

Brace yourself and place your kids at an advantage before it gets worse.

If you are confused about any part of the Canada relocation process, I'm gifting you a free training on how to relocate to Canada successfully.

… especially if you DON'T want to pay agents N700k to N1 million.
But,
If you Choose to study in Canada, you’ll have the opportunity to encounter vastly different cultural and natural experiences – from the ski slopes of British Columbia to the prairie province of Manitoba, with cities such as Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver and Quebec famously friendly, tolerant and multicultural. Let us explore how to Study in Canada without IELTS and Other like Exams.

Will there be visa hindrances if IELTS scores are not provided?
Canada has introduced new student visa regulations that not only help ensure that international students genuinely study in the country’s universities, but also gives them certain levels of freedom to work.

For instance, while earlier prospective students only needed to show an intent to study in Canada, now they need to prove their enrollment in a college that accepts international students to be eligible for a visa.

Hence, students applying for visas without providing IELTS scores need to ensure their enrollment in the university of their choice that does not require the IELTS papers. While the college of their choice does provide them with a letter of admission, students may provide supporting documents to prove their English language proficiency when applying for a student visa.

What’s more, students can now no longer stay on a study permit beyond 90 days of completing their course. This is to ensure that students do not switch to short-term programs after enrolling in a long-term degree course.

Such moves with stringent regulations are set to help Canadian authorities curb the inflow of study permit holders unwilling to pursue studies, and instead ensure that genuine students are issued student visas.

This move is expected to help Canada weed out educational institutions of poor quality and offer high-standard education to international students seeking quality degrees.

https://www.canadaburger.com.ng/2019/11/you-can-use-gap-years-to-your-advantage.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian by Georgekyrian(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
I followed you from your other trend down to here. Is making sense
Re: You Can Use "Gap Years" To Your Advantage In Migrating To Canadian by Zolagigo(m): 6:03am On Feb 19, 2020
interesting...

(1) (Reply)

Must I Have A Travel History Before Getting Study Visa To Canada?? / 15 Interesting Facts About Norway That You Will Be Amazed To Know / For Those Who Want To Travel To Ireland For Study. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.