Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? (839 Views)

Customs Reduces Exchange Rate For Import Duties Payment / Lagos Government To Commence Construction Of Lekki Ferry In September / Dino Melaye To Resume Senatorial Duties On Crutches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
“As a follow-up to my previous post where I asked if the border closure affected the in and out movement of cattle from Nigeria's Northern borders, please let me ask another question.....

“Do the Fulani pay import duty on their cows like every other imports? I mean, it's a business just like any other, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Monogamy: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
Do they pass through the normal border?

Majority of the nomadic Fulani migrated from the neighboring country most especially Chad and Niger..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:
Do they pass through the normal border?

Majority of the nomadic Fulani migrated from the neighboring country most especially Chad and Niger..

Do we have abnormal borders

Why are foreigners allowed to enter Nigeria without going through Embassy

5 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
Tax only applies to Christians

4 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Monogamy: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
Isinweke:

Do we have abnormal borders

Why are foreigners allowed to enter Nigeria without going through Embassy

Through embassy? grin grin grin

So you mean other West Africa countries required visa to enter Nigeria?
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by IGBOSON1: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
I doubt it!

When they tell you Nigeria is the property and playground of the Fulani you will want to argue!

A hardworking banker back from a trip abroad will be harassed to part with N150,000 duty charge on what could be a gift, but a cow herder is free to come and go with his cows as he pleases!

You couldn’t make it up!

5 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:

No no visa but they require passport and documentation
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Monogamy: 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
mrvitalis:

No no visa but they require passport and documentation

And how many Nigerians have valid passport, visa or documentation before entering other West Africa countries?

1 Like

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Shegunsmart(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
So, what's the point? If some Nigerians do not have valid passports before entering other countries, it all depends on what the country accepts. The rules should be followed, that's the point.
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:

And how many Nigerians have valid passport, visa or documentation before entering other West Africa countries?
Everyone I know off ...

2 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:

They should have International passport, they should be documented when they enter Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Monogamy: 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
mrvitalis:

Everyone I know off ...

And how many are they?

Is this argument necessary? Really
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Monogamy: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Isinweke:

They should have International passport, they should be documented when they enter Nigeria

Sorry, I am definitely responding to a noob.

Read and learn more before coming to the internet
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by SarkinYarki: 9:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
They don't pay import duties on the cows neither do they pay taxes on their huge profits

1 Like

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by wakaman: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
Typical yamree shitt
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by paix(m): 9:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Theirs is a business with a difference. They don't pay anything to the government, but they get everything from the government.

5 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by TooMuchStuff: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
The Fulanis approach to life in Nigeria is very interesting fabulously.

Summary.......

"We the Masters are far above the Laws of the land"
"" We make the rules for others to follow while we don't need to follow the same rules cos we are simply Special by Jihad conquest of Hausa Land "

2 Likes

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by MrStan11(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Who still practices nomadic system.
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Blue3k(m): 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2019

“Do the Fulani pay import duty on their cows like every other imports? I mean, it's a business just like any other, isn't it?

They're most likely not if they dont go through offical border entry points. I can confirm Nigeria doesn't subject herdsmen to ECOWAS protocols. Osinbajo said so himself.

If they aren't following rules why are they being allowed in to begin with?

1998 transhumance protocol:

i. Each country sets its entry and exit;
ii. Each defined state reception areas;
iii. Travel must take place along roads defined by the States;
iv. Border crossing should be done in days;
v. Finally, to cross borders ,the transhumant should be equipped with an international transhumance certificate (ITC). In this certificate the stockbreeder must declare all his animals, certifying their immunization and define its route. Source
“So that where for example transhumance certificates are to be used and endorsed by medical or immigration officials this is not the case; this has to change.

“We can no longer continue to tolerate the undocumented movement of persons that simply contribute to the escalation of our security challenges.

Yemi Osinbajo

Source

1 Like

Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 12:37am On Nov 06, 2019
This is very terrible.
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by leofab(f): 2:00am On Nov 06, 2019
I great hit
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by ursullalinda(f): 2:32am On Nov 06, 2019
Cows are first class citizens......they are sacred
Re: Do Fulanis Pay Import Duties On Cows They Ferry In To Nigeria? by Odogewu: 10:18am On Feb 21, 2020
Isinweke:

1 Like 9 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu And Atiku Which One Is More Corrupt? / Edo Dep Gov, Shaibu, Betrayed Me - Oshiomhole / Kogi Senatorial Battle - INEC Cancels Election Results, Fixes Date For A Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.