Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Joined Nairaland In 2006? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Joined Nairaland In 2006? (336 Views)

I Finally Joined Nairaland! / How Many Of Your Posts Have Make Front Page Since You Joined Nairaland? / Opinion: The Five Most Mentioned Moniker Of Nairaland In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joined Nairaland In 2006? by tpiar: 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
I've been a member of nairaland since August 2006, I was trying to design a webpage and found something about that here.

I don't remember if I was visiting the site as a guest before then, perhaps not. I was active on the other Nigerian site which used to be one of the popular ones back in the early days of Nigerian sites.

Well, I was typing as my usual polite self until nairalanders turned me into a rascal.

Anyway, the site offered a web design tutorial similar to what I was familiar with at the time (start with html, etc), and also I'm not sure if there was a header saying Nigerian site/Nigerians back then? In any case, the site had a lot of Nigerians of all types .

When I joined, there were a lot of members but in the following years, they grew exponentially, it was crazy. Same thing happened in literature section, used to be one of the slowest and then just like that, someone brought in thousands or tens of thousands of ids and they all started writing content like mad.

Well, the site is now at 2,363,209 members, 5,248,471 topics, interesting and that's great for the owner/s no doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by tpiar: 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
Here is my first post:

tpia:
xanadu, could you open a separate thread , while we continue with this one? I was trying to follow the step-by-step method ncpat started. Now I'm getting confused again.
Thanks for your help, but I think we may need two separate threads. God bless you both.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you didn't do it on purpose, did you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by sholay2011(m): 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
So, I guess you're back to your polite self now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by tpiar: 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
One of my earlier memories here is buying a book of poetry from someone, I can't even remember the author's name.

I actually only bought it because I liked the cover. But it was good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
tpiar:
I've been a member of nairaland since August 2006, I was trying to design a webpage and found something about that here.

I don't remember if I was visiting the site as a guest before then, perhaps not. I was active on the other Nigerian site which used to be one of the popular ones back in the early days of Nigerian sites.

Well, I was typing as my usual polite self until nairalanders turned me into a rascal.

Anyway, the site offered a web design tutorial similar to what I was familiar with at the time (start with html, etc), and also I'm not sure if there was a header saying Nigerian site/Nigerians back then? In any case, the site had a lot of Nigerians of all types .

When I joined, there were a lot of members but in the following years, they grew exponentially, it was crazy. Same thing happened in literature section, used to be one of the slowest and then just like that, someone brought in thousands or tens of thousands of ids and they all started writing content like mad.

Well, the site is now at 2,363,209 members, 5,248,471 topics, interesting and that's great for the owner/s no doubt.

You go dey nothing less than 36 years. Good evening sir!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by budaatum: 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
tpiar:
Here is my first post:

Here's one of mine. Wordish like now. Hard to believe I was an atheist.

Below is my first.

budaatum:
40468 Members!

17421 Topics!

535943 Individual Posts

One member every second!
(it seems!)

Profiled on allafrica.com!

(I ask myself where I have been
While the great ones have been building a Nation!)

Long Live Naijaland
Long live Naija itself

I, buda, have found the light!

aleluya, amen!

1 Like

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by tpiar: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2019
So, I guess you're back to your polite self now?

I'm polite unless the circumstances require impoliteness.

1 Like

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by Lonelypacifist6: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2019
Hello

1 Like

Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by nlPoster: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Re: Joined Nairaland In 2006? by nlPoster: 2:16pm On Feb 17, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines This Saturday Morning For You / Help I Can't Determine My New Born Baby Birth Date / UFC 246 Fight Live Stream Free 4k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.