Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,369 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

A Song For Africa Government. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Song For Africa Government. (294 Views)

Poem For Africa / A Song For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Song For Africa Government. by olaitandrake89(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2019
THIS IS ME: MR AFRICA GOVERNMENT.

I was bugled in the cage,
With fetter in my hands, latter it ransacked my whole body.
Like the spread of Ebola,
I'm indeed in thralldom.

Don't tell me, I know myself,
My thoughts birthed it, then my fleshy mouth proclaim it, like the coming of Messiah. I was dragged to gigantic ocean bird, behind a door,
Not knowing returning is taboo.

What a calamitous end,
My gullibility awarded me, that
I laughed sorrowfully: indeed joy wrinkled my face but I'm brutally injured from within.
When I'm with them.
Their countenance speaks racism and I could not bear the choking scent
Coming out of my darkish figure

I stared at myself, and shook my head pitifully.
I was shocked, freezed then thawed. But
"I'm mistake" the only words my heart avouched.
That moment, a power descended on me, then I stood up mightily, stretched my hands and broke the fetter.

I faced and dare them, those that dragged me down; they are petrified when they behold me.

I grew mightier like ceaser, Luise in their time, though my gulibility remain greatest.
They twisted my brain, prodded me against my brother.
Therefore, I slaughtered him and he died.
I cried, nobody comforted me,
For I had slaughtered my comforter.

From then I became my brothers clipper, because

I'm me that you Know, I Know you as well, I can't deny that either. I know brotherhood but I don't believe in it, I Know betterment likewise right but they are for me and not for you,
I prefer throwing bones to you in your dungeon, shoving you into chasm of no hope, dragging you to pinnacle of looting and left nothing for you because I'm Africa government by name.

Minkail olaitan.
November 5, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Just / Poem By Chatinent: State Of Emergency / {all I Ever Want} By Olaife Ifeola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.