Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore (779 Views)

I Need a Code To Restore my Nokia 3110c to Default Settings,please Help! / Gprs Probs With Mtn / Probs With A Moto Razr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by sofadj(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2010
pls gurus in d house i've got a prob with my ipod . i tried restoring sometimes ago online after d restore it gave me an instruction to complete by connecting to externaal power but on connecting it nuthin happened. when i connected it back to my computer , it wasnt even detected at all. pls i need help d ipod still displays d sign for me to connectt to external power,
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2010
What has happened is that you removed or disconnected the Ipod without safely ejecting it usign the eject button from Itunes.

Your Ipod now displays Connected even when it is not connected and Itunes does not recognize your IPod anymore

Try this first

1: Press and Hold Menu and the Center Circle until the screen goes blank and resets with a white apple logo displayed
2: Plug-in your Ipod then Launch Itunes to see if you can now recognize your Ipod. If that does not work

Try this second
1: Download the latest version of Itunes
2: Copy out your Itunes Music Folder to a different location and Uninstall Itunes and Delete the Itunes folder completely
3: Delete everything from your all your Temp Folders (C:\temp, Documents and Settings\<your name>\Appdata\Temporary Internet Files etc)
4: Install the downloaded Itunes
5: Restart your computer and retry the operation again

That was how i resolved my problem
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by sofadj(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Try this first

1: Press and Hold Menu and the Center Circle until the screen goes blank and resets with a white apple logo displayed
2: Plug-in your Ipod then Launch Itunes to see if you can now recognize your Ipod. If that does not work

tried ds dint solve it.

lagerwhenindoubt:

Try this second
1: Download the latest version of Itunes
2: Copy out your Itunes Music Folder to a different location and Uninstall Itunes and Delete the Itunes folder completely
3: Delete everything from your all your Temp Folders (C:\temp, Documents and Settings\<your name>\Appdata\Temporary Internet Files etc)
4: Install the downloaded Itunes
5: Restart your computer and retry the operation again

That was how i resolved my problem
thanks so much for ur reply but this does not help as my computer does not even detect my ipod at all.
pls is there any other thing i can do?
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2010
What Version of Windows do you have installed (XP, VISTA or Windows 7)

Here is a similar problem solved for Windows XP from Microsoft

A computer that is running Windows XP cannot detect a USB flash drive, an Apple iPod, or an external hard disk drive
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2010
Here is another from Apple
iPhone, iPad, or iPod is not recognized by Windows due to driver installation issues
http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by sofadj(m): 2:07pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^10KS.

IT NOW DISPLAYS A SAD ICON ON D SCREEN.
I CHECKED THEIR WEBSITE, AND DY DIRECTED ME TO SWITCH TO DISK MODE.
NOW SWITCHING TO DISK MODE IS MY PROB,
Re: Pls Help I'm Having Probs With My Ipod Restore by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2010
Waow, this Ipod must work today

Putting iPod into Disk Mode
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1363

(1) (Reply)

Hacks 4 5800 / What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis? / Very Clean Bb Curve 8900(javelin) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.