Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Sen Ubah's Petroleum Tankers Bill, Passes 1st Reading - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sen Ubah's Petroleum Tankers Bill, Passes 1st Reading (637 Views)

Again, Peace Corps Bill Passes Second Reading In Senate / Sen Ubah's Erosion Control/prevention Comm Est Bill Passes 1st Reading. / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah's Bill For Establishment Of NIBS In Nnewi, Passes 1st Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen Ubah's Petroleum Tankers Bill, Passes 1st Reading by grassrootsig: 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2019
PETROLEUM TANKER ACCIDENT MENACE IN NIGERIA SET TO BE CURTAILED AS MY “PETROLEUM TANKERS SAFETY BILL, 2019 (SB. 145)” PASSES FIRST READING.

Sequel to the increasingly alarming spate of Petroleum Tanker fire incidents in the country, Today, on the floor of the Senate, I sponsored the Petroleum Tankers Safety Bill, 2019 (SB.145) which has successfully passed the First reading.

I also got the express approval of the Senate President to present an urgent motion on the fire incident that occurred at Ochanja market and Omogba residential areas of Onitsha, Anambra on the 16th and 17th of October 2019 after a Petroleum Tanker laden with fuel fell and spilled its content. The tragic fire accident destroyed so many lives, businesses, shops and homes of residents of the area.

Furthermore, I also co-sponsored a motion on the urgent need to monitor the Nigerian flare commercialization programme towards ending Gas flaring by 2020. It is an indisputable fact that Gas flares have been wreaking havoc across oil producing communities since the early 1960s. Gas flaring results in the release of emissions which are harmful to humans, the economy and the environment. The failure of the Government to enforce laws against gas flaring has exposed people living around nearby flare sites to various respiratory disorders, harmed the environment through air pollution, destroyed farmlands, damaged crops and cost the country trillions of Naira in revenues.

It is my expectation that my Petroleum Tankers Safety Bill, 2019 (SB.145) will sail through second reading so as to prevent future occurrences and address this ugly menace that has left so many lives, businesses and properties in unquantifiable ruins.

Senator (Dr.) Ifeanyi Ubah
Anambra South Senatorial District

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACTvM4KTtuc

Re: Sen Ubah's Petroleum Tankers Bill, Passes 1st Reading by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 17, 2019
Wow! Thats great

(1) (Reply)

Introducing!!! Gotv Jolli & Gotv Jinja. / Customized Shopping Bag,bread Nylon,black Nylon. / Beautiful Ankara Styles For Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.