Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,298 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

Some Life Lessons Filmmaking Process Teaches Us - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Some Life Lessons Filmmaking Process Teaches Us (200 Views)

Female Nigerian-Born US Soldier Teaches Other Female Soldiers Nigerian Dance / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue / 6 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Suits Character Harvey Specter By Adam Gilad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Life Lessons Filmmaking Process Teaches Us by Pricelessfina(f): 6:31am On Nov 07, 2019
If you have been a frequent reader in this blog then you probably know how passionate I am about filmmaking. It is a craft I don’t joke with. If I am moody and you want to get me talking, just bring up “Film” as a topic for discussion and watch my face lit up. That’s how much I love the craft.

This is my first year as a filmmaker and with the little experience I have had, I think the process of making films teaches us many essential components of living a good life. Like, there are so many life lessons filmmaking teaches us. I know you are not a filmmaker and you are wondering why the heck you are still reading this.

Chill, you don’t have to be a filmmaker to understand this post. Even though you are not a filmmaker, don’t you love watching movies? Don’t you want to know what the process is like? And how these processes are similar with our everyday life? And the lessons it teaches us? I know you want to know, so, here we go!

First, filmmaking teaches us how to break our huge goals into smaller parts and complete each part in an orderly way.

Recently, I told some friends about my plans on making a documentary. That’s like one of my 2020 projects. Now, this is a very huge goal as far as I am concerned but it is not something I will just jump into without making the necessary preparations. For every filmmaker out there, making a film often starts as an idea; it is now left for the filmmaker to break down that idea into series of actionable steps so that the idea can become a reality. From writing the script, to doing a storyboard or shot list, then hire crew, scout for locations, etc. The process is a very long one and that is how it is in real life.

Continue reading - http://annsbleedingpen.com/blog/2019/11/07/life-lessons-filmmaking-process-teaches-us/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

(LESSON 8):-- How You Can Make Your Future Habits Easy / Hot And Interesting #computer Science Project Topics And Materials / Hospitality Labour Cost Control – Ehotel Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.