Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore (26096 Views)

I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore / Nnamdi Kanu To UN: Tell Buhari To Release Sowore / “the Buhari I Know Will Not Release Sowore” – Frederick Odorige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Guyman02: 6:12am On Nov 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
There will be war if the guy dies in DSS custody

Sorry, there won't even be open protest, remember that Sowore is Yoruba and not other tribes who defend their own against Fulani in Nigeria cool

2 Likes

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Blitzerz: 6:16am On Nov 08, 2019
Only a very massive protest can release Sowore ryt now
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by gabsmilez(m): 6:18am On Nov 08, 2019
oshozondii:
For the second time in about one month on Thursday, the Department of State Services failed to obey a court order directing the release of pro-democracy activist and Publisher of Sahara Reporters, Omoyele Sowore.

The agency, which was on Thursday morning served with the latest ruling of a Federal High Court, Abuja, by the court’s bailiff and lawyers to Sowore, acknowledged receipt of the document but refused to obey the directive.

As at the time of filing this report, there was no indication that the agency was ready to honour the court order and release Sowore and Olawale Bakare widely known as Mandate, who had been detained in their custody since August 3 and 5, 2019 respectively.

In a precursor to Thursday’s refusal to honour the order issued by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court, Abuja, the DSS turned back the court’s bailiff and Sowore’s lawyers on Wednesday at around 4:30pm, claiming that the agency could not attend to the document because they had closed since 3:30pm.

The team was asked to return to the facility at 10:00am on Thursday to serve the court order.

However, several hours since acknowledging receipt of the fresh order to release the two men, the DSS is refusing to do so despite the defendants perfecting their bail conditions.

Court order submitted to the DSS

Recall that the DSS also flouted an order issued by Justice Taiwo Taiwo of the same court directing it to release Sowore after he met an initial bail condition set.

In his ruling on September 30, Justice Taiwo had asked Sowore to deposit his international passport with the court as condition for his release by the secret police while setting a date for the commencement of trail on the charges brought against him by the DSS.

But despite meeting that mandate the next day, the secret police refused to release Sowore, instead filing charges of money laundering and cyberstalking President Muhammadu Buhari against him – a development that has continued to attract condemnation from around the world.

Sowore was arrested in Lagos in the early hours of August 3, 2019 by the DSS for calling on Nigerians to take to the streets in peaceful demonstrations to demand for a better country from the President Buhari-led administration.

The government views his action as capable of bringing the regime down and has adopted desperate measures to keep him out of circulation for daring to speak truth to power.

In recent times, the DSS has earned a notorious reputation for flouting court orders by continuing to hold on to all those perceived to staunch critics of President Buhari’s regime.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/07/breaking-dss-confirms-receipt-court-order-release-sowore-refuses-comply-directive
mumu people next time they demand for bail certificate even his name was written in small and capitals, the barrister who wrote that should ne sent toa fresh law school

1 Like

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by dallyemmy: 6:21am On Nov 08, 2019
Send it to London.

1 Like

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 08, 2019
omohayek:

This has got to be one of the most inane comments ever to have been directed towards me. Do I have to make a statement on everything under the sun to have something legitimate to say on this particular? And have you ever seen me suggest those other cases of flouted court rulings were acceptable? Elementary logic is clearly well beyond your grasp.
why then were you encouraging Nigerians to view this latest disregard for court order with alarm when it is the norm and according to you it is okay to speak out only when it suit you?
sowore should enjoy his prison till buhari agree to release him
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria is the bottom bit of ignorance....

Most don't even know that the army have activated Marshal law

You can't have Nigeria and have democracy at same time

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Samstrong12(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2019
Kingdom divided against itself shall never progress. Where is the CJN, where is the SENATE PRESIDENT.
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by KaptainAfrika: 8:48am On Nov 08, 2019
SO WHY WERE ALL THESE BUTT-HURT FOLKS SAYING SOWORE COULD NOT MEET THE BAIL CONDITIONS BECAUSE BLA BLA BLA...
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by sencekompis: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

why then were you encouraging Nigerians to view this latest disregard for court order with alarm when it is the norm and according to you it is okay to speak out only when it suit you?

Am convince u be iIBO FELLOW

1 Like

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by sencekompis: 9:41am On Nov 08, 2019
Felix6:
They can keep him for as long possible, let this serve as lesson to the evil doers out there. I can't imagine the regret the slowpoke will be experiencing now. The little punk was all over the place then, shouting Jonathan this Jonathan that, an average Yoruba Man is just so stupid, under 17 eaglets comes to mind.

OGUN PA E ATI GBOGBO FAMILY E. (ASE WA)
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by sencekompis: 9:47am On Nov 08, 2019
FrLukas:

Can you explain...? Cos I don't understand.

NON OF THEM IS GOOD ENOUGH. RUBBISH COUNTRY WITH MOST RUBBISH PEOPLE BLAAHHHH
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by omohayek: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

If your goal was to prove that you're even more intellectually challenged than I thought, you've certainly accomplished it with flying colors! If you had 2 working brain cells to rub together, you'd understand that the problem I'm flagging is precisely that such behavior has become "the norm", but you're clearly just another ignorant tribal-warrior so full of hate and resentment over the eviction of your "kinsman" from Aso Rock that you'd rather Sowore die in jail even if it means you and everyone else you own continue to see your incomes and living standards plummet in consequence. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
The DSS is nothing but a group of glorified empty headed thugs.. What do we call a government that disobeys it's own laws... grin
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
omohayek:

If your goal was to prove that you're even more intellectually challenged than I thought, you've certainly accomplished it with flying colors! If you had 2 working brain cells to rub together, you'd understand that the problem I'm flagging is precisely that such behavior has become "the norm", but you're clearly just another ignorant tribal-warrior so full of hate and resentment over the eviction of your "kinsman" from Aso Rock that you'd rather Sowore die in jail even if it means you and everyone else you own continue to see your incomes and living standards plummet in consequence. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!
i am now okay with buhari presidency and so are majority of Nigerians. sowore should solve his problem with buhari alone.

I will love to know if throwing insult around is the most important quality of those with working brain cells
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
sencekompis:

Am convince u be iIBO FELLOW
Mr yoruba , why can't you take to the street for sowore release?
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

Mr yoruba , why can't you take to the street for sowore release?
lol grin
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
to carry u go give water goddess dey hungry me
ok make we jam now,make we see who go survive am
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
notoriousbabe:
ok make we jam now,make we see who go survive am
put date, time and venue
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
put date, time and venue
tonight, 12 midnight. Ikoyi burial ground
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
notoriousbabe:
tonight, 12 midnight. Ikoyi burial ground
tonight 12 midnight Chelsea hotel abuja. room 202, I think this is more progressive
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=notorio
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 4:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
tonight 12 midnight Chelsea hotel abuja. room 202, I think this is more progressive
no na that my own better. It will make my job fast and easy to execute
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 4:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
notoriousbabe:
no na that my own better. It will make my job fast and easy to execute
ur own option na backwardness
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
ur own option na backwardness
na sacrifice I wan take you do now, na wetin conern me with frontwardness
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 5:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
notoriousbabe:
na sacrifice I wan take you do now, na wetin conern me with frontwardness
21st generation sacrifice I dey do. Not ur 10th generation own
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
21st generation sacrifice I dey do. Not ur 10th generation own
sacrifice na sacrifice. Meet me there at 12 midnight
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by 12345baba(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
notoriousbabe:
sacrifice na sacrifice. Meet me there at 12 midnight
udo. I dey tie my broom wey I go use fly come
Re: DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore by notoriousbabe: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
12345baba:
udo. I dey tie my broom wey I go use fly come
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stay Off Edo Election, HURIWA Warns Buhari / Suleiman Momoh Paid A Bribe Of 10 Million Naira - Sahara Reporters / 13 Kidnapped Persons Rescued After Gun Battle In Gwagwada, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.