Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here (943 Views)

Rivers Crisis: We Met Constitutional Requirements Before Defecting - Lawmakers / Zamfara Supreme Court Judgement: Did PDP Meet The Constitutional Requirement? / Does The President Have The Constitutional Power To Suspend The Chief Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by gidgiddy: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
A lot of people talk about restructuring Nigeria but have no idea the hurdles that must be overcome in other to do so. I have always told those clamouring for restructuring to forget that idea because the core North, the NE and NW, have the largest control of the national assembly which is the only place Nigeria can be restructured and they are totally against restructuring

In other to restructure Nigeria, the constitution must either be changed or amended. Section 9 of the Nigerian constitution lists the conditions that must be met to change or amend the constitution: -

Section 9: (1) The National Assembly may, subject to the provision of this section, alter any of the provisions of this Constitution.

(2) An Act of the National Assembly for the altertion of this Constitution, not being an Act to which section 8 of this Constitution applies, shall not be passed in either House of the National Assembly unless the proposal is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of that House and approved by resolution of the Houses of Assembly of not less than two-thirds of all the States.

In other words, to restructure Nigeria: -

1) 72 Senators
2) 240 house of rep members
3) 24 state assembies

Must all vote to pass it

Do you still think Nigeria can be restructured?
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by OJODEL10(m): 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
nigeria will be restructured infact the core north will be shock as of how it will be done.

1 Like

Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Monogamy: 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
Our brothers from the other side have probably seen the light.. They are becoming patriotic all cos of 2023.

More better and laughing days ahead
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by johnmartus(m): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
Aguiyi ironsi a igbo man destroyed the system of government during his regime and he introduced unitary system of government.

1 Like

Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by johnkay1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Noted
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by johnmartus(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Of course we know their motive. Southwest and north will resist them come 2023. 2023 its turn of yoruba to produce president. 2030 hausa will take over again.
Monogamy:
Our brothers from the other side have probably seen the light.. They are becoming patriotic all cos of 2023.

More better and laughing days ahead
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Area4Area: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
So OP you know about this but you go shouting about secession and Biafra when all that you stated above are required too.

Thank God you have started making researches as I've advised you earlier.

1 Like

Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Shezzy13: 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
Being slave is a good Bussiness... Now some loyal slaves love the system..and prayerfully wish it remain same..not that the benefit from it.

But being slaves shackled from neck to post..means heaven to them...to them freedom is hell.
So they wish ..only if all would be slaves...it will elevate them and dia masters will.consider them loyal..even with the resounding whips that comes hard on their bare back.

Kudos to loyal.slaves..suck up the balls..lick up the asses..and eat the shit..

Just know
.slavery only runs in the blood.. Nigerians will be free..someday..and freeborns will enjoy dia liberty.
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Uchek(m): 4:35am On Nov 08, 2019
Stop broadcasting your illiteracy in public. Ironsi neither destroyed and government nor introduced unitary system of government.

johnmartus:
Aguiyi ironsi a igbo man destroyed the system of government during his regime and he introduced unitary system of government.
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Omoodua007: 4:57am On Nov 08, 2019
gidgiddy:
A lot of people talk about restructuring Nigeria but have no idea the hurdles that must be overcome in other to do so. I have always told those clamouring for restructuring to forget that idea because the core North, the NE and NW, have the largest control of the national assembly which is the only place Nigeria can be restructured and they are totally against restructuring

In other to restructure Nigeria, the constitution must either be changed or amended. Section 9 of the Nigerian constitution lists the conditions that must be met to change or amend the constitution: -

Section 9: (1) The National Assembly may, subject to the provision of this section, alter any of the provisions of this Constitution.

(2) An Act of the National Assembly for the altertion of this Constitution, not being an Act to which section 8 of this Constitution applies, shall not be passed in either House of the National Assembly unless the proposal is supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of that House and approved by resolution of the Houses of Assembly of not less than two-thirds of all the States.

1) 72 Senators
3) 24 state assembies

Must all vote to pass it

E go tough but not impossible
Sw/ss/se/nc-69 senators
23 states -
7 yoruba speaking with 1 state with significant population
5 Igbo speaking with 1 state with significant population
6 southern minorities
5 middle belt minorities

I can’t calculate the total but Yorubas have 92 house of Reps I think
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by ChoCho54(f): 7:17am On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
Of course we know their motive. Southwest and north will resist them come 2023. 2023 its turn of yoruba to produce president. 2030 hausa will take over again.
..and continue the demolition of Nigeria till it's final demise.

Are you not ashamed of what Nigeria has become after you have been ruling since Independence?

According to you, Aguiyi ironsi an Igbo man created unitary system of government and so it enabled the Yorubas with their education, hijack the ministries and parastatal, while the north only cared about power.

And ttogether they superintended the rape of Nigeria and the result is what you have.

Shame indeed!
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by ChoCho54(f): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Democracy as practiced in Nigeria is deceitful and disempowering, fraudulently skewed to favor a particular peoples.

Imagine you can't produce or sell alcohol in Kano, but Kano shares from VAT from alcohol paid by southern states and in turn use it to recruit hisbah police to arrest and jail those who sell or drink it in Kano.

1 Like

Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by ChoCho54(f): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy since you are a proponent of one man one woman, can we hook up? grin
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Monogamy: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2019
ChoCho54:
Monogamy since you are a proponent of one man one woman, can we hook up? grin

Tueh
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:39am On Nov 08, 2019
Shezzy13:
Being slave is a good Bussiness... Now some loyal slaves love the system..and prayerfully wish it remain same..not that the benefit from it.

But being slaves shackled from neck to post..means heaven to them...to them freedom is hell.
So they wish ..only if all would be slaves...it will elevate them and dia masters will.consider them loyal..even with the resounding whips that comes hard on their bare back.

Kudos to loyal.slaves..suck up the balls..lick up the asses..and eat the shit..

Just know
.slavery only runs in the blood.. Nigerians will be free..someday..and freeborns will enjoy dia liberty.

Damn! you sound like a slave!
This is a very depressing read!
Don't pass this mentality to your kids PLEASE!
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by ChoCho54(f): 7:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Tueh
Wadume? I just want to help your career. I'm rich and boys like you are looking for rich sugar mummies like us upandan even online.
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Monogamy: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2019
ChoCho54:
Wadume? I just want to help your career. I'm rich and boys like you are looking for rich sugar mummies like us upandan even online.

Help your self first by trying to put good meals on your table first.

After then, you need to learn how to mind your business.. That is very important gan
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by ChoCho54(f): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

Help your self first by trying to put good meals on your table first.

After then, you need to learn how to mind your business.. That is very important gan
I'm already feeding well even before
buhari started sharing malnourished food to you people.

I just want to give you a life.

This forum is too sacred to be left in the hands of zombies nah
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by Monogamy: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2019
ChoCho54:
I'm already feeding well even before
buhari started sharing malnourished food to you people.

I just want to give you a life.

And someone told you we are not living fine?

Let me first ask you, do you think I share UP Nepa brouhahaha with you?
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by otosa(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Omoodua007:

E go tough but not impossible
Sw/ss/se/nc-69 senators
23 states -
7 yoruba speaking with 1 state with significant population
5 Igbo speaking with 1 state with significant population
6 southern minorities
5 middle belt minorities

I can’t calculate the total but Yorubas have 92 house of Reps I think
I think, this is the good idea, as matter of fact, if we can start the campaign now for Restructuring believe me we will sure get it by 2023
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by jimyjames(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2019
gidgiddy:

1) 72 Senators
3) 24 state assembies

Must all vote to pass it

It's not impossible, the Constitution of Nigeria has been changed 3 to 4 times since Nigeria got independence so its not impossible
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by gidgiddy: 9:14am On Nov 08, 2019
jimyjames:

It's not impossible, the Constitution of Nigeria has been changed 3 to 4 times since Nigeria got independence so its not impossible

That was under military rule. Civilian rule is a different matter
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by jimyjames(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2019
gidgiddy:

That was under military rule. Civilian rule is a different matter

It can easily be done if the citizens of Nigeria come out in mass to hold a revolution protest
Re: You Want Nigeria Restructured? Better Read The Constitutional Requirements Here by gidgiddy: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2019
jimyjames:

It can easily be done if the citizens of Nigeria come out in mass to hold a revolution protest

In other for a revolution to hold, the people must have unity of purpose. Such thing does not exist in Nigeria.

If you talk about revolution in the core North during the regime of Buhari, you may be lynched

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa Announces 50% Cut In Rents, Taxes, Overhead Cost / 11 Ondo APC Gov Aspirants Reject Indirect Primary / I Love Decent Women; All The Women I Married Were Virgins - Ned Nwoko Brags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.