Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? (1659 Views)

IGBOPHOBIA EXISTS | The Igbo Hate Is Real. / For Doubters That Think Ghosts Do Not Exist Outside Of Africa / Are Ghosts Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by GuestLog: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Do ghosts exist?

My mom once told me a story of when she was young, a certain young mechanic died in Kano after a brief illness. She later saw him as a bus conductor in Lagos State and when he saw her, he was startled and couldn't look her in the eye. She said, fear gripped her and couldn't utter a word while she sweat uncontrollably. When he got the next bus stop, he got down and didn't return to the bus.

As much as I want to doubt her story, there have been similar stories of the dead found in other localities.

Are ghosts real or is it just a doppelganger or hallucinations sort of.

What do you think of ghosts?
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by CanadaOrBust: 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
GuestLog:
Do ghosts exist?

My mom once told me a story of when she was young, a certain young mechanic died in Kano after a brief illness. She later saw him as a bus conductor in Lagos State and when he saw her, he was startled and couldn't look her in the eye. She said, fear gripped her and couldn't utter a word while she sweat uncontrollably. When he got the next bus stop, he got down and didn't return to the bus.

As much as I want to doubt her story, there have been similar stories of the dead found in other localities.

Are ghosts real or is it just a doppelganger or hallucinations sort of.

What do you think of ghosts?

But the mechanic’s has been eaten by worms in the grave - whose body is he using to do conductor?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by GuestLog: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

But the mechanic’s has been eaten by worms in the grave - whose body is he using to do conductor?
These are questions that needs answers. I don't know how it works.
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by CanadaOrBust: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
GuestLog:
These are questions that needs answers. I don't know how it works.

It doesn’t. A ghost, assuming such exists, cannot be physical
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by GuestLog: 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

It doesn’t. A ghost, assuming such exists, cannot be physical
Exactly. That's why I dont believe Hollywood's idea of ghosts wearing white & there are doors open/close, lights flicker, white face etc
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by CanadaOrBust: 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
GuestLog:
Exactly. That's why I dont believe Hollywood's idea of ghosts wearing white & there are doors open/close, lights flicker, white face etc

To verify existence of ghosts, Houdini (a skeptic and one of the greatest if not the greatest magician) and his wife, Bess, promised each other that whoever died first would try to contact the other "from the other side". He and Bess devised a secret message, a code phrase that would be used.
After Houdini died in 1926, Bess began the tradition of holding a séance on the death annivarsary to see whether Houdini, the Man No Jail Could Hold, could indeed escape from death.
In 1936, the "Final Séance" was held on the roof of the Knickerbocker Hotel in Los Angeles. Ten years was enough, and Bess admitted that she had never received any message from Houdini.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by GuestLog: 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

To verify existence of ghosts, Houdini (a skeptic and one of the greatest if not the greatest magician) and his wife, Bess, promised each other that whoever died first would try to contact the other "from the other side". He and Bess devised a secret message, a code phrase that would be used.
After Houdini died in 1926, Bess began the tradition of holding a séance on the death annivarsary to see whether Houdini, the Man No Jail Could Hold, could indeed escape from death.
In 1936, the "Final Séance" was held on the roof of the Knickerbocker Hotel in Los Angeles. Ten years was enough, and Bess admitted that she had never received any message from Houdini.

Could religion be part of the reason Africans have much believe in the supernatural?
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by ABCthings: 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yes ghosts exists and they don't want you to know.
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by GuestLog: 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
ABCthings:
Yes ghosts exists and they don't want you to know.
But they chose to tell you? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by tobby20: 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Typical DOGSH****T
Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by Stillthebest: 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
kiss

Whatever doesn't exist won't exist in word.
The name 'Ghost' won't surface if there are no occurrences.

So many attestations about it in the early times but modernization/civility is fast taking off our eyes and consciousness off it.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Do Ghosts Exists? by chimezieeze98: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2020

(1) (Reply)

A Misundertsanding With Africans / Other Names Of Armed Robbers / Somali Girl On Arabs Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.