Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS (397 Views)

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / DSS: How We Rescued Chido Onumah From Intended Mob Attack / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by gidgiddy: 12:22am On Nov 08, 2019
Jounalist, author, human rights activist and coordinator of the African Centre for Media and Information Literacy, Mr Chido Onumah, has taken the DSS to court over unlawful arrest and detention. He is seeking N100 Million Naira in damages.

Speaking to journalists, Chido Onumah said that he was arrested at the Airport on the 29th of September after flying into the country. Chido Onumah claimed that he was arrested for wearing a T shirt with the inscription "we are all Biafrans" which is the title of a book he wrote.

Onumah said he was whisked away to tje DSS office where he was detained for 6 hours, his T shirt was seized and he was forced to sign an undertaking never to wear the T shirt again before he was released

He is asking the courts to award him N100 million for unlawful arrest and detention, mental trauma and violation of his human rights as well as a written apology to be published in two national dailies.

He reiterated that the word "Biafra" was not banned in Nigeria and that his arrest for wearing a shirt with Biafra written on it was illegal

He ended by saying that the DSS will be soon be served notice of the suit.

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmmmmmm....
"He is asking the courts to award him N100 million for unlawful arrest and detention, mental trauma and violation of his human rights as well as a written apology to be published in two national dailies".
@the bolded e be like say him don too stay abroad so him still dey get abroad hangover... I no understand.. Dss for this Nigeria give you 100milli!! Abeg, as who na? Like their papa or landlord I no understand.. The one wey make me talk say him still dey feel say him dey abroad, na when him talk say make DSS write apology letter to am.. So DSS go count 100million naira give you them come still tell you sorry on top... Lol chai!! Abeg I want see this guy for the next A.Y live. Make them give you 100million, come still beg you on top, for Nigeria? You be the only child of Donald Trump or the next heir apparent to the throne of England? Smh sha.
Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Blakjewelry(m): 12:32am On Nov 08, 2019
which dss
Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by cleenz: 1:46am On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmmn

Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Emyogalanya: 2:47am On Nov 08, 2019
Nice move even though like atiku's court case. The judgement has already been written and passed against chido, but at least he fought for his dignity. And will be respected for that. And next time Dss will have to be on their Toes. I wont even be a bit Suprised if they still re-arrest and charge him for treason. I have spoken as a man i do not expect non-Biafrans to think like me share my views, its called "freedom to hold opinion". if you think otherwise, and you are from the "waist" i hold no Grudge

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Emyogalanya: 2:57am On Nov 08, 2019
gidgiddy:
Jounalist, author, human rights activist and coordinator of the African Centre for Media and Information Literacy, Mr Chido Onumah, has taken the DSS to court over unlawful arrest and detention. He is seeking N100 Million Naira in damages.
Speaking to journalists, Chido Onumah said that he was arrested at the Airport on the 29th of September after flying into the country. Chido Onumah claimed that he was arrested for wearing a T shirt with the inscription "we are all Biafrans" which is the title of a book he wrote.
Onumah said he was whisked away to tje DSS office where he was detained for 6 hours, his T shirt was seized and he was forced to sign an undertaking never to wear the T shirt again before he was released
He is asking the courts to award him N100 million for unlawful arrest and detention, mental trauma and violation of his human rights.
a small Sauce to swallow this big loaf , won't break our hearts pls
Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Mightyhaiz: 6:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Chai

Notin chido never see for shithole cool
Re: Chido Onumah Slams N100 Million Law Suit On The DSS by Jukpa76: 6:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Dss are always biting more than they can chew

(1) (Reply)

How The Colonial Masters Have Continued To Enslave Africa / Kogi Elections: Stakeholders Pass ‘vote Of No Confidence’ On Police, Others / Another Trouble For Ex-gov Kalu As EFCC Marks His Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.