Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters (12502 Views)

Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides / Names Of Osinbajo’s Aides Fired By Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Hafeexla(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Racoon:
Another drama.Government of one day one problem.So why all the prolonged silience by even the VP? Why is nobody addressing this nation on the true state of things?
How is that the business of you or how does it concern your forefather. You better find a new life worthy of living rather than barking all around Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Johans1991: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Children of hate in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by mercyville: 7:10am On Nov 08, 2019
So there were no sack letters after all.Na wah for some media houses o.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Monogamy: 7:11am On Nov 08, 2019
I said it.. Daily Nigeria is Northern media political tools..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by michoim(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2019
PDP fake rumour all over town...beware
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Only one man is causing these problems.

Abba Kyari. Because he thinks he's greater than the Vice President.

This man will be disgraced eventually.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fredoooooo: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2019
Only a fool wi ge the story in the first place...
Good morning and Sai Osinbajo...
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by airbrush: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:
*VP spokesman disowns list

Some aides of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo said to have been sacked by the Presidency have said they have not been sacked.

They spoke in separate interviews with our correspondents on Thursday.

Daily Trust online had on Thursday published a list of some persons said to have been affected by the sacking.

Our correspondents reached out to some of those listed to ascertain if they had been officially informed about the development.

The Special Assistant to the VP on Innovation, Ifeoluwa Adedayo, claimed that he had not received any letter, saying that although he had read about the development in the media, he resumed for work at the Presidential Villa.

When told that there were reports that the access tags of some of them were withdrawn, making it impossible for them to enter the Presidential Villa again, he quickly told our correspondent that he would call back.

“I have also been hearing about it but I have not received any letter. We are still resuming for work,” he claimed.

He had yet to get back as of the time of filing this report.

The Senior Special Assistant on National Boundary Commission, Tola Asekun, in a separate interview asked our correspondent not to believe the reports of their sacking, but he also hurriedly ended the call.

“Don’t believe all those things, please,” Asekun said before hurriedly ending the call.

The Special Assistant on Niger Delta, Arukaino Umukoro; and the Special Assistant on Community Engagement, Feyishayo Aina, did not answer the many calls made to their lines as their telephones rang out.

The telephone line of the Senior Special Assistant, Political, Gambo Manzo, also kept indicating that it was busy when our correspondent tried to reach him.

Also, one of the aides of Osinbajo on National Economy, Ms Yosola Akinbi, said she was not sacked.

Akinbi said she was upset with the barage of calls from her family members and friends seeking to know the truth about her job .

When asked whether she was either redeployed or relieved of her appointment, Akinbi through a WhatApp chat with one of our correspondents, denied the report.

She wrote, “Lol. Capital NO. I am in Ekiti State on a Human Capital Mission.”

When she was asked for an interview, Akinbi said, “I am sure you know that I am a private person. Just love to do my work.”

Akinbi who later spoke with our correspondent on the telephone said, “I know my office will clarify. I am not on that list. I am not even SSA NEC. I am sure they will clarify it. Nothing (laughs).”

When asked about her position in the government, Akinbi said ,“I work in the National Economy (office), but that is not my title, that is not my portfolio. I don’t want to talk about it. Let the office clarify it.”

Others on the list as reported by Daily Trust online include Jibola Ajayi (SA, Legal); Lanre Osinbona (SSA, ICT); Imeh Okon (SSA, Infrastructure); Jide Awolowo (SA, Oil and Gas) and Lilian Idiaghe (SA, Research, Legal and Compliance).

Others are Bala Mohammed (SSA Economy); Edobor Iyamu (SSA, Niger Delta); Dolapo Bright (SSA, Agro Allied Value Chain); Toyosi Onaolapo (SA, Community Engagement); and Bisi Ogungbemi (SA, Political Matters), among others.

The Presidency has, however, asked Nigerians to disregard the list, saying it is not genuine.

The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Vice President, Mr Laolu Akande, stated this is a message he posted on his Twitter handle.

“A list circulating in the media on the so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he tweeted on Thursday night.

Meanwhile, a Presidency source told our correspondent that President Muhammadu Buhari might not be aware of the controversial disengagement of the aides, attributing their sacking to “a top presidential aide.”

The source claimed that Buhari was not carried along because the President had earlier approved the redeployment of the aides to ministries.

“While the President had already personally approved the appointment of all the 35 aides reportedly disengaged, he had also instructed their deployment to other ministries as part of a reorganisation of the Presidency proposed to him by the same top presidential aide who is seen to be engaging the VP in a power tussle,” he said.

https://punchng.com/we-are-still-at-work-no-sack-letters-osinbajo-aides/

what do one expect her to say abeg?

finding another job for her will not be hard ! she have a brand as a surname

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Xisnin(m): 8:09am On Nov 08, 2019
Eteka1:
Reinstated? If you read the story well, they said they also read it on the media but that its fake as no body has been asked to stop work or given a sack letter. One of them even asked the reporter not to believe such stories.
Then you are new to politics.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Minjim:

That doesn't make it true. All these media outfits share info.
It might not be false either, all politicians distort the the truth.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Eteka1(m): 8:25am On Nov 08, 2019
Xisnin:

Then you are new to politics.
You don't know me.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by ORIENTATION101: 8:31am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

so 35 people were sacked with no sack letters apart from nnewi beer parlour listcheesy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Minjim: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Oblang(m): 8:44am On Nov 08, 2019
contigiency:

You have damaged completely. So buhari looks like someone you can threaten with your fake public reaction when he has set to do something? You are still a learner.

Leave them, they never learn. They think Buhari is the kind of president they can intimidate with their crying online. Despite their so much crying abt foreign trips, baba no dey even send whenever he is ready to leave the country...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2019
Minjim:

You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Sagay212: 8:50am On Nov 08, 2019
Ipods are such bitter, hateful goats. They are everywhere on the internet making noise about osibanjo and tinubu, meanwhile they abandon their leaders in their various states.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:06am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

I think there surely were disengagement letters....not only daily trust reported it, DailyNigerian blew the lid.

The question is: Did Buhari approve of it or its just one man's ego on power tussle?

Perhaps the VP is standing his ground and waiting for Nov 17 when the President will return.
Most media outlets will prefer to report such sensational headlines or bad news with or without facts.it sells.there's no hard fact or even a copy of the sack letter

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:08am On Nov 08, 2019
Dreal1247:
Only the heat generated by the purported sack and to fear of the possible reactions from the masses are enough reasons to withdraw the letters. You can fool some people sometimes but can never fool all the people all the time. Cabal's time gradually getting exhausted. Watch out.
Watch out,this is the beginning of the end of abba kyari,he has overreached.he will be thrown out before next year runs out.as it stands,it is either he goes or osibanjo goes
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:10am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
Therefore,falsehood must be advanced? Inspite of everything,the primary interest should be to seek for the truth no matter how tempting falsehood is.the best part of the mind cannot be built on vain idealism
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Minjim:

Especially nigerians.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2019
garfield1:

Therefore,falsehood must be advanced? Inspite of everything,the primary interest should be to seek for the truth no matter how tempting falsehood is.the best part of the mind cannot be built on vain idealism
You said I should hold my peace, now you are pursuing me everywhere......what is it?
What is the truth, let me at least listen..
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2019
garfield1:

Most media outlets will prefer to report such sensational headlines or bad news with or without facts.it sells.there's no hard fact or even a copy of the sack letter
Na waoh....
At least the internet never forgets, can I see the sack letter of Garba Shehu under OBJ?
Thank You....
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Okoroawusa: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2019
When you guys are tired of Osinbajo matter u should let me know

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

Na waoh....
At least the internet never forgets, can I see the sack letter of Garba Shehu under OBJ?
Thank You....
Like adekunle gold,i surre
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

You said I should hold my peace, now you are pursuing me everywhere......what is it?
What is the truth, let me at least listen..
I said at then not indefinitely oh
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
garfield1:

Like adekunle gold,i surre
You see....you have entered audio validation.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2019
garfield1:

I said at then not indefinitely oh
It's your way, once you are cornered... You become violent.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by Iamgrey5(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

Na waoh....
Thank You....
Was there a triving social media during obj era?

How many newspaper outline even had a functioning website as at then?
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:41am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

It's your way, once you are cornered... You become violent.
Cross river people are not known to be violent.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:42am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

You see....you have entered audio validation.
Hmm.i simply bowed to superior logic while adding humour
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by fergie001: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2019
garfield1:

Cross river people are not known to be violent.
That's why am suspecting your C/Rivers status.....am suspecting Ikwerre.
Re: Osinbajo's Aides: We Are Still At Work, No Sack Letters by garfield1: 9:51am On Nov 08, 2019
fergie001:

That's why am suspecting your C/Rivers status.....am suspecting Ikwerre.
Ikwerre are also very peaceful people esp this around ph.but whether osibanjo aides were sacked or not,it makes little difference afterall 80 aides is too much plus they were paid by external sources.at least,they are financially comfortable.let them give way for others,the level of poverty is three much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resumption Of Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Suspended Indefinitely / Nigerians ‘Consume’ 2bn Litres Of Petrol In 28 Days / 22 States, FCT Reduced Their Domestic Debts By ₦‎176 Billion In Q3 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.