Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? (2318 Views)

Job/vacancy For Ssce/ond/nce/waec Holders To Work With A Firm Into Radio/tv / Urgent Vacancy For OND/NCE Holders At Ikorodu, Lagos / Federal Teachers Scheme For NCE Holders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by brayce9(m): 3:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Hello everyone, i know this shouldn't be new to everyone but have you ever asked yourself why do banks prefer OND&NCE for jobs worth 80k and above while some BSC holders are struggling to get jobs of 35k. I thought BSC should be an added advantage for a bank post like: Bank teller

pls let have your opinion on the topic thanks.
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by Basilekeh: 5:11am On Nov 08, 2019
brayce9:
Hello everyone, i know this shouldn't be new to everyone but have you ever asked yourself why do banks prefer OND&NCE for jobs worth 80k and above while some BSC holders are struggling to get jobs of 35k. I thought BSC should be an added advantage for a bank post like: Bank teller

pls let have your opinion on the topic thanks.

Teller is the lowest job in a bank, you cant give them to Bsc..tomorrow they start asking for more. Some banks can use them only as customer service but it's very rare and it's simply because of the pay. They don't want a situation whereby tomorrow you will feel you're not earning the way you're suppose to be earning that's why their GT or when they want to recruit and not outsource they go for degree holders

4 Likes

Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by Launcher: 5:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Seems you were at St Gabriel's yesterday
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by lacifer: 6:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Launcher:

please what happened at St. Gabriel yesterday? Was invited but didn't honour the invitation due to personal reasons

1 Like

Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by Untainted007: 7:18am On Nov 08, 2019
It's because they like to always cut costs. They like paying peanut money to OND/HND employees.

3 Likes

Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by Launcher: 7:56am On Nov 08, 2019
lacifer:

please what happened at St. Gabriel yesterday? Was invited but didn't honour the invitation due to personal reasons

Degree holders were not interviewed. We were told the job position is for OND/NCE holders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by nanaman(m): 11:04am On Nov 08, 2019
The main reason is not the pay but they are no longer interested or rather spending so mucb in training workers who will later immigrate. Lots of skilled workers in Nigeria are moving to saner climes. They (B. Sc holders) need work experience badly to make this move. OND and NCE have little chances have meeting the qualifications of immigration

If care is not taken, we would start signing bonds with companies.
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by brayce9(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
Launcher:

yes i was there so annoying, we even said we dont mind d pay fr d job����
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by brayce9(m): 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Basilekeh:

Teller is the lowest job in a bank, you cant give them to Bsc..tomorrow they start asking for more. Some banks can use them only as customer service but it's very rare and it's simply because of the pay. They don't want a situation whereby tomorrow you will feel you're not earning the way you're suppose to be earning that's why their GT or when they want to recruit and not outsource they go for degree holders

i think you right sha
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by lacifer: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Launcher:

Degree holders were not interviewed. We were told the job position is for OND/NCE holders

Sorry Baba... God will provide a better job.. It was that venue that turn me off...
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by maynation(f): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
LOL.
They apparently can't afford us.

Why should I apply for 80k job with my B.Sc sef??

undecided
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by ise82(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
Don’t useless yourself oo. To hell wt them. Do business and turn down their smelly jobs. Lol!

brayce9:

yes i was there so annoying, we even said we dont mind d pay fr d job����
Re: Why Banks Prefer OND&NCE Holders To BSC? by javaguru: 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
I will be graduating by next year by Gods grace

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help On Marapco Generator Interview / National Employment Training Scheme (nets) / Job Vacancy For A Secretary In A Law Office In Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.