Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 AM

False Information/ Mind Poisoning School Kept Indulging On Us - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / False Information/ Mind Poisoning School Kept Indulging On Us (281 Views)

Ogun Student Arrested For Allegedly Poisoning Girlfriend, FUNAAB Clears Student / German University Students Turn Blue, Police Suspect Poisoning / Poisoning Of OAU Dam, Act Of Genocide – Obafemi Awolowo University Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

False Information/ Mind Poisoning School Kept Indulging On Us by Climax2019(m): 4:09am On Nov 08, 2019
I'm sure 90% of Nigerians never thought of this. let's look deep into the poisons school kept indulging to our sub conscious Un aware.

1. School Brainwashed Us to Love Job
I know this is not the best place to start, but because this is the most armful evil school did for all of us, allow me to start here.
If you have being reading from us for a long time, you might have perceived that this is the prime reason why I hate school.
To me, it is stupid for us to keep on training our youths that the best way to live is to be an employee.
Why there is nothing evil about being an employee, (I said nothing evil, but there is something bad, you know) we cannot just maintain our continent and economy when all of us think of job as a way of life.
Nigeria alone (as at the time of writing this) has over 40 MILLION unemployed graduates, according to wikipedia.
This is not to talk about several other millions who are underemployed.
In my humble opinion, so many people in Africa today are capable of being successful business owners, but they were never enlightened or trained.
School trained us to look for job and that’s the only thing they know how to do.

So many Africans are smarter and more brilliant than Dangote, but you see, we are the victims of our early influence.
Why won’t I hate school?
Its brainwashes millions of people to love job, even though they could be successful entrepreneurs.

Solution:-
The mentality of job should die down but business creativity should emerge instead.
like I do:--- I'm schooling and at same time blogging and work on internet to earn a living through my site all achievers:- http://allachievers./

education especially in Nigeria should reframe our educational status of students graduating to get fed with fish but learn to fish. this will drive more people.

2. it Deceives Us to Think That Certificate is Education
I cannot stop being angry when I see people who are very proud of their decorated paper (call certificate)
There are so many people out there who are dumb and deaf (I mean they are ignorant), yet they will tell you, “don`t you know who you are talking to?”
Don`t you know I am a B.Sc holder?
In our world today, certificate = education.
What is my opinion about this?
It is stupid!

How can we judge a man by the paper he holds?
Certificate is not education, but because that is what school gives, people are proud of it.
The real education is in your head.

solution:- work more on your head to gain more knowledge. 90% of students read and school to pass exams and get a certificate not schooling to gain long time knowledge.

3. school taught us there is Only One Way to The Market.

I remember how some of us would know what even our teachers and lecturers didn’t know, yet we would be afraid of scoring zero by writing a different formula or idea from what our teachers have taught us.
In the world of school, only one way gets to the market.
What our teacher taught us is what we must write back to his/her… or you face the consequence of your disobedience.
That was the reason someone like Thomas Edison was considered unteachable by the school teachers.
Did you ever consider the effect of this in our life?
It killed our creativity.
We grew up believing there is only one way to everything, one correct opinion to every discussion.
We have been conditioned to flow with normality and trends.
We have been brainwashed to accept status-quo.
We were never trained to think “how else can this be done”?
Do you know the negative effect of this?
We (especially in Africa) are not creators because we are not creative.
We are not inventors, either of products or of business ideas.
If you take your time to study the lives of great entrepreneurs from Rockefeller to Larry Page to Dangote, you will discover that they are creators.
The only way to be a creator is to think different from the crowd.
How can we do this when we have been trained by school that there is always one solution to any problem?

solution:- teachers like my secondary school English teacher should be counseled more. he wants you to re write what he wrote and wouldn't accept your view even though it's 100% correct and has same meaning to he's. we however don't read what the word is stating but the letters.

4. 99.9% of us were forced to learn.
Learning is nothing but an interesting exploits into the unknown world.
How do you feel whenever you are traveling to an unknown city?
You are excited. You can’t wait to see those new scenes and people. Now, how did you feel whenever the thought of school came to your mind as a school child?
Hell, you hate to be in school.
I think that was the reason why Wooden Allen said, “ I loathed every day and regret every moment I spent in a school”.
Pupils in school would be fed up just after 2 hours of receiving the junks of the day.
Some of them would say, “uncle, I am tired”.
No way!
You cannot tell your teacher you are tired. You must endure her
punishment. Well, that was the reason why we never learn in school.
Learning should be a pleasure, school makes it a pain.
Who doesn’t really hate school?
Plato had said this thousands of years ago, “ knowledge that is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind”.

solution:-/ no one should be threatened and force to learn. what is it to learn from when you have no passion on what you're forced to learn. I think this 4 should be worked on. instead of forcing people to learn , there are psychological method and other physiological you can make people learn and not "you must" bla bla bla.

5. never made us to think over "life is short".
At a time I wrote something above my classroom wall. It read “another day has gone”.
To me, it was a call to run. It was a call to be in a hurry. It was a call to remind me that life goes so fast.
An average man/woman spends 18 years in the classrooms and another 3-6 years waiting for results, searching for admission, serving his father`s land after school, etc.
How can we justify this waste if at the end of the day people still ended up as employees … with another punishment of job or worse, no job?

The question is , “Can your children inherit your job?”
That’s the same question I’m asking myself now.
Can my children inherit my job?
If after you work as an employee for 35 years you die, can your first son/daughter inherit your job?
If no, you have to think again.
As I told my friend yesterday, if I die now, my wife will continue making money from my business till the next 10 years.
That’s the joy of being an entrepreneur.
You build businesses which stand as asset for many years and decades.
Your children and grandchildren come to life to earn money from your labour.
Don’t be deceived!
Entrepreneurship is NOT as tough as you were made to believe.

In my opinion, job is tougher than business.
But the problem is that, most people are not trained to be entrepreneur.

solution:- I'm sure no one's gonna work under someone if everyone is wealthy. even the government itself can't find a volunteer. the system of entrepreneurship should by thought in school at the rate of 90% not teaching people how to manage other people's project for years and at the end they end up as pensioniers not millionaires..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Information/ Mind Poisoning School Kept Indulging On Us by Goldencheese(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2019
Very true. grin grin
Re: False Information/ Mind Poisoning School Kept Indulging On Us by Climax2019(m): 8:30am On Nov 08, 2019
Goldencheese:
Very true. grin grin
yea. I pray educational system have a turn around for good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Unqualified Teachers To Be Sacked By December 2019 - FG / Urgent!! Please Can Someone Help Me Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.