Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Doing Business With Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Doing Business With Nigeria (1813 Views)

Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. / Your Experience Doing Business With Aliexpress Or Alibaba / Doing Business With 300,000 Naira Capital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing Business With Nigeria by awolumate(m): 1:18am On May 23, 2007
Dear Nairalanders,

I am interested in importing electronics and household items into Nigeria at an affordable rates, grin

What are the prospects of the business in Nigeria?.
What are those things i need to go through to have a trouble free business with Nigeria.
Do i need to have my company registered in Nigeria as well?.
If anyone could help me out,What would be the cost of Clearing a 40ft and 20ft container.
What kind of electronics or household items would be a hot cake. ( I am not limited to electronics alone, I can expand to other items as well ) .

Every advices i can get would be very useful. I am trying to summon the courage and do business with my home country .Had lots of fears in the past and some negative stories but Home is Home.
Please help with advices.

Please can anyone lay hand on the list of ban items not allowed into Nigeria?, lipsrsealed
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by hbrednic: 2:10pm On May 23, 2007
the list of banned items is too extensive for me to load for u here,some electronics and household items are banned anyway.
as a nigerian u dont need to have a registered coy to bring in certain items,for consumable goods u must have a nafdac licence.
the cost of clearing difers from one agent to the other,duties depends on the type and cost of the items ur are bringing in.
good pricing will make ur product a hot cake(everything sales in naija).remember u have to compete with people bringing in from china etc
always recieve ur money or cash a check b/4 delivery.

if u have a particular product in mind,do let me know and i will check for u in my list,whether it is banned or not.goodluck.
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by awolumate(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2007
@hbrednic
Thanks 4 ur response . I am thinking of computers,dvd players, home theatre,speakers,blenders,irons,lanterns,kitchen items. flat screen tv,hair dryer .fridges and freezers among many other items i,m still compiling the list. I intend to stay away from lagos to avoid too many competitions and aiming a kind of clearance sales by making them cheaper than what are availables in the market,
I will appreciate more of your advices. grin
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:07pm On May 23, 2007
Portable Air coolers

Rechargeable Lanterns with radio
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by hbrednic: 12:27am On May 24, 2007
@awolumate
u are free to go with the products that u mentioned,
used airconditioners,fridges and freezers are banned.( CODE H.S84151000 TO 9000 & 84181000 TO 6000 respectively)
avoiding lagos is a good idea,but u can still sell in lagos if the price is good,that saves u the problem of settling olokpa while transporting to another city.
serious attention to clearing agents.
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by awolumate(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2007
@Dis Guy .
Thanks.They are noted. Please i need more deas on more products.

@hbrednic .
All your efforts are well appreciated. All the items would be brand new,not used ones . I intend to ship from 3countries and make them available at affordable rates including selling solar powered items along with them. Kindly please give me more list on items that can be hot cake in nija. I wish to start with outside lagos first then later expand to lagos if business goes well.

@EVERYONE .

PLEASE HELP ME TO GIVE LIST OF IMPORTED STUFFS THAT COULD BE A HOT SALE IN NIJA AT THE MOMENTS. I AM LOOKING AT SOMETHING THAT ALMOST EVERY HOUSEHOLD OR OFFICES WOULD BE INTERESTED IN.
Thanks. smiley
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by 50kobo: 6:21pm On May 24, 2007
why dont u try and manufacture these things in nigeria
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by DisGuy: 9:08pm On May 24, 2007
The cost of manufacturing in nigeria is really really high!
the electricity and technical manpower is also a problem
and dont forget the banks wont give you a loan unless you are a multimillionaire wink
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:19pm On May 24, 2007
If the cost of manufacturing is high, we should concentrate on other businesses that are inexpensive in Nigeria. wink
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by fromuk(m): 9:29pm On May 24, 2007
seun

Like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by awolumate(m): 9:53pm On May 24, 2007
@50kobo
    are u kidding me ?  shocked shocked lipsrsealed

@Dis Guy
    Perfect answer. Thanks 4 saving my ass.

@Seun.

Please give us details, such as?
kiss
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 12:05am On May 25, 2007
Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Xbox, gamecube e.t.c
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:11am On May 25, 2007
The thing with electrical products/electronics is that they are already in nigeria in huge quant.
I think the location and usefulness of your products will be the main factor.
Getting them at the cheapest possible price too (vs quality)will be teh real test
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by aynaija(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2007
playstations, airconditioners, refrigerators, irons, microwave oven e.t.c. All of these and more are hot items that are needed in every home. You must realise that there's a huge competition in the electronics market already but since you're insisting to start from outside Lagos, then I think you must critically consider the cost of transporting these items to the locations you have in mind. Remember, these locations may not have seaports or airports of discharge and it can turn around to affect your pricing too. It's a grand idea giving back to your country. Wishing you all the best.
Re: Doing Business With Nigeria by dafidixone(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2007
I think what you need is someone who could carry out a feasibilty study on your behalf. Global Villa concept (GVC) will be ready to do this for you at a very reasonable cost. Jus contact us by calling for our proposal at globalvilakoncept@yahoo.com or call +2348033979979 to talk about this.

If you enter through a legitimate means into Nigeria market you will be sure of sustaining your business in Nigeria. Not all Nigerians are bad when it come to business and not all the white in Business are saints.

Hope to hear for from you soon.

David

(1) (Reply)

Just Got A Call From Bforex . . . / Start A Haulage Business With Renault Trucks And Make Good Money. / Fairly Used Washing Machine And Dryer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.