Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 (12098 Views)

Breakdown Of The 2021 Lagos State Budget / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal / Imo Releases State Budget First Time Since 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by mrvitalis(m): 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Why can't Nigerian politicians present a budget that actually reflect the income of the state

How I'm heavens name can Lagos make 1.1 trillion thats around 90 billion a month

Sure its possible to even make 5 trillion in a year but thats not realistic for now

Its messed up sha ..a budget of 350billion won't be bad
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Sammy07: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
opalu:
They said Sanwoolu means Give Money to King. Is it true? I am just asking sincerely

No, it means

Give money to Olu
Pay Olu.
Pay Olu money
Pay Olu his money
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
And the bulk of the money would stray into one criminals account. Before you know it,bullion vans would start moving on election day.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by nototribalist: 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
Na wa o, Lagos budget is bigger than Ghana budget.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by fortunegames: 2:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by celeiyke: 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg which roads is he doing next year esp d 31 roads in Ojokoro? The roads were not listed, hope they will end up executing it? No mention of rehabilitating existing roads
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by adoboy04(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
MobilityExpress:
I wish Governor Sanwo Olu a successful implementation that will make Lagos better than he met it. Lagos must progress whether the enemies of Lagos like it or not cheesy. All they know how to do is screaming bullion van, Tinubu this, Tinubu that without any positive contribution or constructive criticism.
Most of these people are not from LA, they should go to their states and comlpain to their former and present govs instead of them shouting tinubu this tinubu that. As for my self I'm not from LA so I lean how to manage my own problems instead of me shouting tinubu.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Myhusband(m): 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Lagos state is the most revenue driven state, the largest in economy but have the poorest infrastructure and basic amenities in Southwest

this is a big shame, at the end of this trillions nothing tangible will come out from it. what these useless governors knows best is using govt money to be building estate that common citizens can't afford

Sanwoolu is going to be a failure like Ambode I presume
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Solsix(m): 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Is this budget realisable??
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Beautyaddy: 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
loool!...Where is this proposed 1.168 Trillion Naira for Lagos State going to come from embarassed
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Ajibel(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
oluwamile:
.Lagos is just too good,how will u drop a budget of 1.2 trillion and ur financing about 98% of the budget from internally generated revenue,sanwolu I wish u the best

Sincerely that part shocked me and lends credence to the fact that LASG actually generates more than what has been paraded over the years. Maybe he has checked the books and seen the possibility that more can be generated than what we've had in the past.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by RTSC: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
MobilityExpress:
I wish Governor Sanwo Olu a successful implementation that will make Lagos better than he met it. Lagos must progress whether the enemies of Lagos like it or not cheesy. All they know how to do is screaming bullion van, Tinubu this, Tinubu that without any positive contribution or constructive criticism.
So in your mind, you are a Friend of Lagos?

The people that pay tax are enemies of Lagos because they dislike a corrupt godfather?

Clap for yourself.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by GMbuharii: 2:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
What's tinubus share there, please?

grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by GMbuharii: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
adoboy04:
Most of these people are not from LA, they should go to their states and comlpain to their former and present govs instead of them shouting tinubu this tinubu that. As for my self I'm not from LA so I lean how to manage my own problems instead of me shouting tinubu.

How about people who live,work and pay tax in Lagos?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Softcash(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ajibel:

Everything shouldn't be linked with Jagaban. It's petty tbh

Can't blame them, that's how some people thinks.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by lionshare: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
oluwamile:
.Lagos is just too good,how will u drop a budget of 1.2 trillion and ur financing about 98% of the budget from internally generated revenue,sanwolu I wish u the best

Somethings don’t add up with this report. I’m not sure Lagos IGR is up to a trillion, 2019 projected igr was 606B. Besides how can the governor achieve 69% buget performance for 2019 when he only signed it in June 2019.

The same report said only 31B has been spent on physical infrastructure thus far, yet he governor claimed 69% of 852B of last 2019 has been executed.

The governor also borrowed additional 250bn recently, if we consider that we have so far exceeded the plan 852bn. The question now is where is all the these monies? Which projects? Una well done.

Also noticed the usual light rail over a decade project appears as usual. Budgit do your thing...let’s see the line items.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Jones4190(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
A lecturer walked into a class room and told all the students that there will be an emergency test. She went straight to the chalk board and wrote the instructions as follows:
1. Time is 15mins
2. No copying
3. No cancellation of answers
4. Once it's time walk away from your desk.
She told the students to get ready and that it will be a simple two
question test.
Question 1. List four of your favorite foods and immediately students started writing.
The Boys were writing Eba, pounded yam,rice, beans, fufu etc...
While the girls were busy writing
Chicken, Chasseur, lasagna, sushi, pizza, shawarma, burger, red velvet Cake, Vanilla ice cream etc.
All the ladies were very happy until they saw the final question which is question 2.
Question 2 says: Explain how to prepare four of your favourite meals as listed in question 1.
See girls and cancellation. See wahala, the girls began to cancel all their first answer and started
changing it to: Yam, beans, white rice,, egg, tea, akamu, indomie, dodo, soaking garri, oil rice etc,.
One of the girls even wrote hot water as her favorite food.
You see yourself?
Let's laugh a little it's a great day.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by ajl: 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
Flexherbal:
May it be use to serve the people and not to be shared or embezzled by politicians.

Most of the funds will end up in the pocket of APC politicians because most of the contractors are politicians or allies of politicians. Every year you see the huge sum they budget for drainage but go out there most drainages are filled with plastic bottles, weeds, and soil.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by kokomilala(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
He's audacious with this budget document proposal.70 something % percent on capital spending is bold...like a radical departure from the age-long practice of the Federal government. I hope he gets all the money from the projected revenue sources.
I've said it many times here. One day,Lagos will become a country of its own.It's currently outshining its peers from other states.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by CsRockefeller(m): 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
kokomilala:
He's audacious with this budget document proposal.70 something % percent on capital spending is bold...like a radical departure from the age-long practice of the Federal government. I hope he gets all the money from the projected revenue sources.
I've said it many times here. One day,Lagos will become a country of its own.It's currently outshining its peers from other states.

Oga, it's just a proposal, check the budget performance of previous years, they don't usually exceed 50% for physical infrastructure.

All these are just big figures intended to arouse excitement in you and I.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by kokomilala(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
@CsRockefeller,I know. If u read my post again,you'll see I said it's audacious. Budgets are proposals. Revenues are projected to be spent. There are no political utopias.Nonetheless, there's nothing wrong in being audacious with plans.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by lukeme2002: 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
The governor should fix all damaged Lagos roads first. Brt should start working in Oshodi- iyana ipaja. They should award construction of Isuti Road Egan. People living on this axis are suffering seriously.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by CsRockefeller(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
kokomilala:
@CsRockefeller,I know. If u read my post again,you'll see I said it's audacious. Budgets are proposals. Revenues are projected to be spent. There are no plans political utopias.Nonetheless, there's nothing wrong in being audacious with plans.

Okay Sir, no qualms.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
gaetano:
Tinubu's money. If you look sanwo-olu back, you will see puppet strings grin. Tinubu na sasori grin
oh lawd...................lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Dareal90s(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
johndoexxx:
They have already planned to tax Igbos to the grave to fund this budget
if they don't like to be taxed they shld go to their region where they won't be taxed.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by osejie17(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
no more billion na trillion now corruption Don dey do phd
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Risingblue008(m): 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
This one na murder
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Prettyjanet1: 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
These people just dey pack money as dem dey c am. Make una kwontinu
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by RexTramadol1: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
Sanwo Eko
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by johnmartus(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Wish you the best mr governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 by Legendguru: 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr. Godwin Maduka Receives Michael Okpara Leadership Prize (Photos) / President Buhari Hails Goodluck Jonathan At 64 / 2023 Election: I Will Respect Rule Of Law If Elected – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.