Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) (5584 Views)

The Moving Story Of Phd Graduand Who Attends Convocation With Bathroom Slippers! / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / Oluwatoni Sanni On The List Of 1st Class Graduands At University Of Bristol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by aniekaneka: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
Engr. Ufot Ebong, Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Akwa Ibom State Governor on Technical Matters and Due Process, today, Friday, November 8, 2019, attended the convocation ceremony of Ms Promise Maurice Ben, a 1st Class Graduate from Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU), whose education was sponsored by the SSA.

Engr. Ebong, as a way of motivating Promise, promised to attend her graduation in person, if she bags a 1st class on graduation from school.

Promised bagged a 1st Class and Engr. Ufot Ebong was present in person to attend her graduation today and further

A Facebook post made by Engr. Ufot Ebong today reads:

"Promise, the promised kept!! Congratulations on your convocation today at AKSU!!!"

Earlier, Engr Ufot Ebong posted this on Facebook:

I know I shouldn't publicize this, but because I made the "promise" in the public to encourage my younger brethren, I have to respond publicly to your invitation. You are, by your invitation, holding me to my word because you kept your own part of the bargain. I therefore have to publicly commit that I will attend and also host the celebration after. Be rest assured that if you are interested and after your NYSC, that I will offer you employment in a lucrative agric business concern. That's another promise! Congratulations!!!!!

Thank You Engr. Ufot Ebong for keeping the PROMISE! Congratulations Ms. Ben.

Below is a photo of Ms Promise Ben's letter inviting Engr. Ufot Ebong to her Convocation and photos of Engr. Ufot Ebong at the Convocation ceremony.

SOURCE: https://www.wetinhappen.com.ng/man-attends-convocation-of-1st-class-student-he-trained-in-school/

2 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Vanpascore(m): 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good one, congrats

2 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Jman06(m): 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
Imagine such blunders from a first class graduate!

5 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by ThompsonJoo: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

grin
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by dipson4u08(m): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Congratulations to her, im impressed...
Other politicians should also learn to encourage the youths in this manner...
God bless u sir, for keeping your promise...
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by dipson4u08(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

Bros no be everybody God study English for school ooooo

If you read the mans comment you will denote that the girl actually studied

Agric related course.

2 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by dipson4u08(m): 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

Nigerians dont appreciate Good things all, The only thing you could pin point is the

mistake on her success, if i may ask you that can speak English

1. what did you Graduate with?
2. did you even appear on whatsapp group let alone social Media
3. Who came for your convo...
Yeye person the Girl don Get job and you still dey nairaland dey find fault.

7 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Jman06(m): 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
dipson4u08:

Nigerians dont appreciate Good things all, The only thing you could pin point is the

mistake on her success, if i may ask you that can speak English

1. what did you Graduate with?
2. did you even appear on whatsapp group let alone social Media
3. Who came for your convo...
Yeye person the Girl don Get job and you still dey nairaland dey find fault.

A first class graduate should be able to write simple letter of invitation without making all the errors contained in that piece of crap up there! This shouldn't be about one's course of study but about demonstrating one's understanding of basic English. We all supposedly passed English language before gaining admission into the university.

You should be concerned because that letter up there reflects the rots in our education system. Who knows the corners she had to cut to make a first class Imagine asking someone like this to draft a memo for whichever organization she works for!

7 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Gabson006: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmm

Good day Nlander.
I have a relative whose surname is wrongly spelt on NIMC slip.
The centre has not issued the slip that contains NIN info. When she called their attention to the error ,they told him they will correct it later.
I just want to confirm is it possible for the NIMC staff to correct the name since they have not issued the one that contains NIN or she should start the process again in another centre without telling them.
Please I need your candid advice.
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by midolian(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:
A first class graduate should be able to write simple letter of invitation without making all the errors contained in that piece of crap up there! This shouldn't be about one's course of study but about demonstrating one's understanding of basic English. We all supposedly passed English language before gaining admission into the university.

You should be concerned because that letter up there reflects the rots in our education system. Who knows the corners she had to cut to make a first class Imagine asking someone like this to draft a memo for whichever organization she works for!
Abeegi! undecided

I hate oversabi people like this. Write your own make we see!
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by frankfrancis871: 9:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
sad

Onyedika can not be deceived! That man is her sugar daddy, they can deceive others not me.

It pains me that they are both ugly...
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by netzro(m): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
English is just a type of language and does not show intelligence
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by chubinwa(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
To the best of my understanding, I don't see any grammatical error in what she put up there. Just a poor or rather elementary grammatical construction. queen English is quite expensive and may not be spoken by everyone. you can settle for less to avoid blunder. perhaps, ones academic cum field prowess is not always measured by the level of your grammatical construction but what you can offer. but that doesn't mean you won't have an iota of English language

5 Likes

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by dipson4u08(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

this one off me sha.....

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Olalan(m): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
When we should be celebrating academic brillance some persons chose to belittle the feat due to some perceived grammatical error......... but you see same person idolize people who consititute nuisance to the society all because they are celebs

1 Like

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by dejt4u(m): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
Great. Congrats to her
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

Then point out the errors prof
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by peeps4u: 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jman06:

Oversabi, can you point out the grammatical blunders in that letter?

There is no blunder there as much as I can see except that the choice of English words is quite simple and secondary school like, but there is no grammatical blunder.

I will appreciate if you point out the blunders.

1 Like

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by abkrgumel(m): 12:09am On Nov 09, 2019
Jman06:

Did she study English.
If English is a measure of intelligence then all Americans and British are intelligent(I bet you think like that)

1 Like

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by WildChild00(m): 12:51am On Nov 09, 2019
Jman06:

Calm down Bros, you that known English language, I doubt if you could use it to earn a first class, that is even if you are a graduate....

1 Like

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Ezegozie(m): 1:16am On Nov 09, 2019
Jman06:

Please no vex.
Can you point one single error in that letter?
Just one single error.

Stop hating bro, it won't take you anywhere
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Katier00(f): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Congratulations to her. Nothing wrong with her English just too elementary for an official letter of invite
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by partnerbizn5(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2019
This made my day!
Good news!
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by ignis: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2019
Wait... Na first class graduate write that letter?
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by edoairways: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2019
Jman06:

What useless corners? Do you think it is easy to graduate with first class at all or universities gives it easily?
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by Paulo3ree(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2019
frankfrancis871:
sad

Onyedika can not be deceived! That man is her sugar daddy, they can deceive others not me
Onyedika has spoken

It pains me that they are both ugly...

Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by DonHummer(m): 8:48am On Nov 09, 2019
pls make una free the babe, most of us here forming can't basically pin point the mistakes in that letter or even construct a better letter. If you want to fault the letter please do but don't do it on the basis that she is a first class graduate, she could also be a first class graduate of french language.
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by InansBobo(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2019
the title of the post though
Re: Man Attends Convocation Ceremony of 1st Class Graduate Like This (Photos) by RTSC: 10:09am On Nov 09, 2019
Jman06:

Unless you are in the arts and humanities or social sciences.

In the sciences and engineering, the best students are not weighed on the accuracy of their English.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan HND Results Are Out / Uniuyo Direct Entry Aptitude Test / Uniben Vs Delsu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.