Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Jurgen Klopp Calls On Liverpool To Use "Fan Power" Inside Anfield Against City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp Calls On Liverpool To Use "Fan Power" Inside Anfield Against City (274 Views)

Klopp 'calls Mbappe's Dad' In A Bid To Convince PSG Star To Move To Liverpool / Liverpool Fans Attack Man City Team Bus At Anfield (Photos) / Lampard Reveals Why Aubamenyang Missed Penalty Against City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jurgen Klopp Calls On Liverpool To Use "Fan Power" Inside Anfield Against City by luvola(m): 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
SPORT
Jurgen Klopp calls on Liverpool to use "fan power" inside Anfield against Man City
The Liverpool boss also condemned the "senseless" 2018 incident which saw a bottle thrown at the City team bus before a Champions League quarter-final tie

COMMENTS
ByDavid MaddockNorthern football correspondent
13:46, 8 NOV 2019
Klopp and Guardiola enter war of words over Sadio Mane
Klopp and Guardiola enter war of words over Sadio Mane
Play Video
TAP TO PLAY
KLOPP AND GUARDIOLA ENTER WAR OF WORDS OVER SADIO MANE
Get the biggest Liverpool FC stories by email
Enter your email
Subscribe
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor details of your data protection rights
Jurgen Klopp has warned Liverpool fans there can be no repeat of the ugly incidents where Manchester City ’s coach had bottles thrown at it.

And instead, he has told supporters to channel their passion inside the ground - pleading with the Anfield faithful to raise their game even higher, to create an atmosphere that will intimidate even the champions.

The canny German said everyone must raise their game.

“We have to play our best game, everybody in the stadium has to be in absolutely top shape," he said. "The guy who sells the hot dogs has to be in the top shape!

“Everybody has to be from the first second, come early into the stadium, come inside, nothing to do outside, wait for the team warming up, be there, be ready. That's what I wish for.”

Klopp wants Liverpool fans to be on top form on Sunday (Image: Getty Images)
READ MORE
Liverpool and Man City hold Merseyside Police talks as 'coach greeting' poster circulates
Klopp knows that City have buckled in the Anfield cauldron before, most notably in the 2018 Champions League quarter final, when they were shellshocked and blown away by a 20 minute perfect storm of Reds fire.

They also seemed to freeze for a 10 minute second half spell at the famous old stadium in January 2018, when Liverpool scored three times to take a 4-1 lead, and an ultimate victory which ended City’s 22 game unbeaten run.

But he is also aware that any repeat of the incidents before the European quarter-final when the City coach was damaged needs to be avoided.

Jurgen Klopp addresses why Virgil van Dijk missed training ahead of Liverpool vs Man City
He added: “I'm a big believer of fan power – in the stadium. That's completely different. We have to invest all our emotions before the game.

"That's why I say – go in the stadium, nothing to do outside, have your food, go in, wait for the team, we will come, let's make a pretty special game of it.

“In football, you never know what you get for it. But we know what we have to do for it. Let's make sure that we show that.”

Jamie Carragher says Liverpool and Man City chiefs "cannot stand each other"
Klopp was blunt in his condemnation of the 2018 incident, and says the whole club and their support now has to ensure it never happens again.

“(The coach incident) was a senseless thing. If somebody at Man City is concerned still, then it's our fault.

“Not that we did it all together, we all didn't thrown the bottle or whatever it was, but it was one of us.

The City team bus was struck by a bottle in April 2018
Joey Barton apologises for 'cheerleader' rant at Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp
“I wish I could say it will never happen again but unfortunately I can't. But what I can say is we will do everything that it will never happen again.

“Everybody agrees to feel this responsibility that it won't happen again. That's why we are responsible. All of us have to make sure that something like this will never happen again.

“It's long ago and since then nothing has happened. I don't think it was Man City specific.

Liverpool go into the game six points clear at the top of the table .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-calls-liverpool-use-20841318
Re: Jurgen Klopp Calls On Liverpool To Use "Fan Power" Inside Anfield Against City by luvola(m): 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dominique **

(1) (Reply)

Roberto Firmino: ‘i Want To Get Better, And I Want More Trophies In Liverpool’ / BREAKING: Tottenham Sack Mauricio Pochettino / Tottenham Appoint Mourinho As Manage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.