Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? (2043 Views)

I Went From Flying All The Time To Sleeping On The Floor - Chinko Ekun Opens Up / Vee: Hugs Are Banned In 2022, Greet Me From A Distance / Cristiano Ronaldo's Leaked Texts Raging At Antonio Cassano Over Lionel Messi Dis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by Gistdeal: 6:15am On Nov 09, 2019
Many people are unaware that planes are forbiden from flying over the area Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi’s house is located and a new report has explained why.

Back in March 2018, Spanish airline, Vueling entered into an unplanned altercation with Football star Lionel Messi’s fans when the airline’s president Javier Sánchez-Prieto said in an interview that planes weren’t allowed to fly over Messi’s House in EL Prat Barcelona, and because of that, El Prat’s airport wouldn’t develop or expand.

Sánchez-Prieto was busy explaining why a plan to expand to Barcelona’s El Prat airport was being held up and casually remarked; “You cannot pass over where Messi lives.””This doesn’t happen anywhere else in the world.”

The comments generated a lot of negative reaction on social media against the airline and the airline was forced to issue an apology to the footballer and anyone that might have been hurt by their president’s remarks.

People on social media started questioning why Lionel Messi’s mansion, located in El Prat, Barcelona was a no fly zone, and after a year and seven months, AS magazine has published a report explaining why airlines don’t fly over Messi’s house.

According to AS, Barcelona’s airport is under environmental restrictions, and planes entering from El Prat into the Barcelona stadium have to take a different turn-around route to protect endangered fauna and flora species.

According to Spanish daily, AS;

‘As might have been expected, the answer was rather more straightforward than Messi instructing El Prat not to interrupt his siesta.’

‘ The Barcelona captain lives in the municipality of Gavà, about 25km outside of Barcelona and inside the Parque Natural del Garraf, an area protected under Spanish environmental legislation and that contains endangered flora and fauna.’

‘Therefore, planes arriving at and leaving El Prat have to make a small detour out into the Mediterranean to bypass the area, which also answers that question for anybody who has flown to Barcelona and wondered why that 180º turn is necessary.’

Read more: https://gistdeal.com/2019/11/09/did-you-know-that-airplanes-are-banned-from-flying-over-lionel-messis-house-heres-why/

Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by Siberia01(m): 6:20am On Nov 09, 2019
cry

am about to fry hydrochloric acid
Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by Rahyberg(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Chai!!!
The Don has to be protected..

Money makes control buttons to press without touching it .
Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by partnerbizn5(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Rahyberg:
Chai!!! The Don has to be protected..
Money makes control buttons to press without touching it .
I am sure you didn't read that.
Go back and read!

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by Jerkules: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2019
Na only Messi? Even my Father's House in the Village it's forbidden for planes to Fly over his House at ... Who stone me bottle ;( Over 180 years no plane has ever Flown Ov... Jesus!!! My Head o! sad

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by solmusdesigns: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2019
The true reason is because Messi is an Alien, and he has an alien transponder that he uses to commuinicate with his planet on ways to better the sport of football
Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by FakeManna: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
The true reason is because Messi is an Alien, and he has an alien transponder that he uses to commuinicate with his planet on ways to better the sport of football
[/s]
Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by presented007(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2019
After reading this article I still don't know why AirPlane are banned from flying over messi's house

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Airplanes Are Banned From Flying Over Lionel Messi’s House? by Khd95(m): 2:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
presented007:
After reading this article I still don't know why AirPlane are banned from flying over messi's house
he lives close to an a rear protected by Spanish law,because that area has endangered plants and animals, so technically, it isn't because messi lives there,its because he lives close that protected area,you good now?

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel Cough (odo) Official Dance Video Tiktok Challenge Compilation (2022) / Regina Daniels Show Off Fleet Of Cars In Her Garage (photos) / Lil' Wayne Aka Micheal Dwayne Carter Arrested In Boise, Idaho For Drug Possesion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.