Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments (22736 Views)

Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video) / I Walked On The Longest Pedestrian Bridge In Nigeria (pics, Video) / Excavator Assisting People To Cross A Gutter In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Correctgist(f): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2019
A Concerned Nigerian man has called out Lagosians that refuse to use the pedestrian bridge while crossing highways.

This is coming after seeing the way people were crossing a very busy highway this early morning by waiting on the road verge and running like squirrels in order to beat incoming vehicles.

According to him, If motor jam their two left legs now what will they say?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ot0L7gGo2/

https://zenithnaija.com/man-laments-on-seeing-lagosians-crossing-a-highway-without-the-pedestrian-bridge-photos/

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Correctgist(f): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Very Risky

Watch The Video HERE

2 Shares

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Cutefergieee: 11:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Ops still want collect my FTC shine but Oluwa Was Involved... I dedicate this FTC award to all Nigerians all around the world.. Happy holiday Y'all

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by realestniggah: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
We do thing anyhow in this country

7 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Annie001: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
What should we do with this now?
Where is op

6 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Gbriela: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
This is damn too risky

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by maberry(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
having spent some time in Lagos years back I concluded that
Lagos is a crazy place
I honestly cannot cope with the way of life there

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by psalmz(m): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
Are u New in lagos op?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Beremx(f): 11:38am On Nov 09, 2019
Na so we dey cross am for Lagos. No be new thing.

We are all at the mercy of God.

Eko oni baje!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by mindful01: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
When an Abia man enta Lagos for the first time.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
grin most of us are animals

11 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by vizzyswagh(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
After you'll think this country will develop.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Slawormir: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
maberry:
Lagos is a crazy place
Damnnnnn
Not only in Lagos niggarrr

Even in Edo state. The small one at ugbowo. Uniben student nor dey use am

As a real niggarrr
I must say

Any one crossing without using the pedestrian bridge should pay a fine

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by columbus007(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
Lagosians I have never seen people so dead as they are.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by TONYE001(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Sad.

This further shows that there's something terribly wrong with our orientation. If the pedestrian bridge were not constructed and someone gets hit by a vehicle, people would protest against the government. People would scream at the top of their voices accusing the government of being insensitive. Thankfully, the government has thought it wise to construct pedestrian bridges for the SAFETY OF CITIZENS. But no, they won't use it. Why should they sef? When they can just cross a BUSY ROAD in a matter of seconds? Why should they stress themselves climbing those dirty stairs and walking all the way to the other side?

Most of these bridges are dirty. Our people litter indiscriminately. They defecate at every corner. Don't be surprised that you'd see human excreta all over that bridge.

Our government has failed us, no doubt. They are corrupt to the marrow, true. But the little they do is vandalized, abused, or unused.

What really is wrong with Nigerians? What do we want? Why are we so hypocritical? You cheat in an exam and go on to give thanks to God in church. You vandalize transformers at night and complain about the epileptic power supply in the day. You steal public funds in your office but contribute tires to burn someone accused of stealing at the market? You coerce your students into having sex with you for marks but with that same mouth you'd accuse Buhari of corruption?

Walahi, this is tiring.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2019
How is this news na undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by PrincessGift(f): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Lolzzzzz nah today grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by ZombieTERROR: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2019
A country where Buhari is president

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by mamaafrik(m): 11:41am On Nov 09, 2019
Not well planned pedestrian bridges and Zebra crossing Discouraging people,if you see the ones at onipaanu,e be like say na Baba Kafaya they gave the job to,the landing and rising of the stair can induce labour in a pregnant woman .

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Hotzone(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2019
Federal government are mean to the people so all men are chasing shortcuts (even suicide) to make ends meet

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Lamasta(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2019
There is short cut to life and also shirt cut to death its the it's the one You chose to follow
Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Hotzone(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2019
Hotzone:
Federal government are mean to the people so all men are chasing shortcuts (even suicide) to make ends meet

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Sultty(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2019
They are forming hard guy lol

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Teegelop(f): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2019
This is a reminder to government that we need pedestrian bridge at Gbagbada.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Gudguyz(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2019
Lagos for show!!!

For your power Solution:
Solar and Inverter installations Call or What's app Sunmax Solar & Electronics shop.For details pls check my signature.Thanks
Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by ReubenE(m): 11:53am On Nov 09, 2019
It is a norm in Lagos, and it is a sad one for that matter.

I'm particularly saddened by those that cross the express road at Ojota when there are Two Pedestrian Bridges solely meant for their use.

Some times, they spend more minutes waiting for vehicles in order to cross the road, rather than use that same time to make use of the pedestrian bridge.

Nigeria is a one lawless place, large enough for everyone to do as they please not minding whether their actions pose a threat to their own lives.

Very sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by Pavore9: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2019
"According to him, If motor jam their two left legs now what will they say?.....Village people are on standby on the blame list.

7 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by faithfull18(f): 11:58am On Nov 09, 2019
Way of life in Lagos. Even where there are pedestrian bridges, my people still prefer crossing the highway.

Besides, the bridges are bad, take the bridge at Ojota as an example.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by faithfull18(f): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Way of life in Lagos. Even where there are pedestrian bridges, my people still prefer crossing the highway.Besides, the bridges are bad, take the bridge at Ojota as an example.
Re: Lagosians Cross A Highway Without The Pedestrian Bridge - Man Laments by kingololo(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
That's Gbagada I'm sure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Resign If Abuja Airport Is Not Reopened After 6 Weeks – Aviation Minister / These Are Easy Ways To Get Your Yellow Fever Certificate In 5 Days - FAAN / Trailer Loses Control, Breaks Into Compound In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.