Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit (942 Views)

Renewed Hope For Nigeria, Tanzania As Chad Rescinds Afcon Decision / It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / President Goodluck Jonathan Rescinds Two-year Super Eagles Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit by medjai(m): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2010
Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia, the distance-running star who stunningly announced his retirement after dropping out of the New York City Marathon on Nov 7, said yesterday that he had reconsidered and would continue racing,
"Running is in my blood and I decided to continue competing", he wrote on Twitter. "My announcement in New York was my first reaction after a disappointing race".
His agent added that the world record holder was suffering from a muscular problem, not a knee problem, which would be easier to rehabilitate from.

http://www.todayonline.com/sports/EDC101116-0000168/Gebrselassie-un-retires
Re: Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit by medjai(m): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2010
I'm not surprised at all. 17 world records, I think he is too good to bow out that way. I expect him to retire on a high maybe after the 2012 Olympics in London
Re: Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit by AjanleKoko: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
The great man wink.
I think we are so focused on the glamour of footie, that few stop to pay homage to one of the greatest athletes to grace this continent.
A fine Son of Africa.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8pwbitQwuw?version=3&feature=player_embedded"[/flash]

Not endorsing Johnnie Walker in any way, mind you.
Re: Haile Gebrselassie Rescinds Decision To Quit by mbulela: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Not endorsing Johnnie Walker in any way, mind you.
Not much wrong in that.

(1) (Reply)

INDIA 99-1 NIGERIA: How True? / Super Eagles 'killer Squad' List. / How To Make Steady Secure Wins In Online Betting (see Proofs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.