Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked (1269 Views)

Dianne Holechek Bio: Facts About Chuck Norris Ex-wife / I Have Never Smoked And Will Never Smoke ( Frank Edwards ) / Davido To Retire From Music At Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by tunene66: 11:13am On Nov 09, 2019
Robert Norris, 90, died on Sunday at his ranch in Colorado Springs, Colorado
He was approached by advertising executives who were scouting for a cowboy to appear in their Marlboro Man commercials
Norris was the Marlboro Man for 12 years and appeared in TV commercials in the US and Europe
He never smoked and, feeling that he was setting a bad example for his children, quit the advertising campaign

Robert Norris, known as the original 'Marlboro Man' used in ads for the cigarette brand, has died at age 90.

Norris passed away at his ranch in Colorado Springs, Colorado, on Sunday. He is survived by his two sons and two daughters, 13 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren.

For 12 years, Norris graced billboards and magazines as the Marlboro Man, a rugged man wearing a cowboy hat in wild terrain - with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth or in his hand.

But despite him pictured holding cigarettes for more than a decade, Norris never smoked and he eventually quit the ad campaign when he felt he wasn't setting a good example for his children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7666225/Original-Marlboro-Man-Robert-Norris-dies-Colorado-ranch-age-90-having-NEVER-smoked.html

Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by otipoju(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2019
Person wey get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by SalamRushdie: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2019
This man led many into smoking ooooo including me
Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by bobbybrown007: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Wow, i remember this advert, then when i was young, they do show it on mbi and dbn , even these theme music for rottmas ocean drive , may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by judgementyard(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2019
Nice of him to ask them to take the advert down, though many took to smoking cus of him.
He looked so cool.
Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by oglalasioux(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
SalamRushdie:
This man led many into smoking ooooo including me

St. Moritz and Gold Leaf adverts were the baddest. Led the 80s kids into smoking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by tunene66: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
A lesson is that many social media influencers and brand ambassadors do not necessarily believe in the brand they promote or message they propagate. All na for d money o. So let's be wise
Re: Original 'marlboro Man' Robert Norris Dies At Age 90 Having NEVER Smoked by tillaman(m): 5:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Lol @ the one who claimed the man led you and others into smoking

(1) (Reply)

Never One Day A True US President: Chris Brown To Donald Trump (impeachment) / Woman Told 3 Daughters That Father Raped Them, Begs The Man After 25 Years (VID) / How I Fell Into Depression After Writing ‘half Of A Yellow Sun’ – Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.