Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari (919 Views)

Supreme Court: Police Deploy Dogs To Control Crowd / Sack Of Osinbajo’s 35 Aides: No One Is Too Powerful For President Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s 35 Aides: No One Is Too Powerful For President Buhari To Cont (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by sarrki(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2019
s Osinbajo’s aides were sacked to save costs

LATEST NEWSTOP NEWS
By Leon Usigbe | Abuja
On Nov 9, 2019

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Friday declared that he was in absolute control of his government and that there is no one too powerful for him to handle.

He also confirmed the sacking of some aides of his deputy, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, saying it was done as part of the cost-cutting moves of his government.

The president, in his first official statement since the news of the sacking of 35 aides of Osinbajo broke days ago, said on Friday that there was no rift between him and Osinbajo, contrary to media reports.

A statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed that there was an ongoing overhaul of the presidency which led to the termination and non-renewal of certain political appointments.

It said the office of the vice president had also been shed of such appointees. The statement was, however, silent on who among Buhari’s aides had been equally sacked.

The statement reads: “The presidency wishes to confirm that there is, ongoing, an unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government, arising from which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term.

UPDATED: Identity of sacked Osinbajo’s aides revealed

“The exercise, which has been ordered by the president, is to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.

“It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce which acts as a drag on efficiency.

“As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the president were not returned for the second term.

“The office of the vice president, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo has, in compliance with the directive of the president, equally been shed of a number of such appointees.

More in Home

Buhari secretly pursuing third term agenda —Falana

Demolishing the centre won’t go down well with us —Sanni, Oyo Muslim…

Sanwo-Olu urges residents to make sacrifices for ‘Greater…

Anti-corruption: FG recovers N200bn in final forfeiture —Malami

No one is too powerful for me to control — Buhari
“In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public. As far as the president is concerned, there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.

“In the light of this, the presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.

“The media reports of a soured relationship are originating from the minds and mouths of mischief makers who are desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa with which to titillate the public. This ulterior motive is the basis of the wrong interpretation given to the recent exercise in the presidency.

“There has been a streamlining of staff going on for a while. The president has always had fewer staff than the vice president, and there were always plans to reduce the number of staff at the Villa.

The streamlining was not personal or targeted to undermine the vice president’s office, as the so-called insider sources quoted by the media appear to make it seem.

“The president is in absolute control of his government. The media should stop attributing non-existent powers to some people. There cannot be anyone too powerful for President Buhari to control.”

Names of the sacked 35 aides had emerged in the presidency on Thursday. They are Jibola Ajayi, (SA, Legal), Lanre Osinbona (SSA, ICT), Imeh Okon (SSA, Infrastructure), Jide Awolowo (SA, Oil and Gas), Lilian Idiaghe (SA, Research, Legal and Compliance), Arukino Umukoro (SA, Niger Delta) and Bala Liman Mohammed (SSA, Economy).

Others include Edobor Iyamu (SSA, Niger Delta), Dolapo Bright (SSA, Agro Allied Value Chain), Toyosi Onaolapo (SA, Community Engagement), Gambo Manzo (SA, Political), Bisi Ogungbemi (SA, Political Matters), Edirin Akemu (SSA, Industry, Trade and Investment), Akin Soetan (STA, Economic Matters), Aondaver Kuttuh (Technical Assistant, Rule of Law), Ife Adebayo (SA, Innovation), Yussuf Ali (SA, Power Regulations), Tola Asekun (SSA, National Boundary Commission), Morakinyo Beckley (SA, Off-grid Power), Yosola Akinbi (SSA, NEC), Tochi Nwachukwu (SA, Power Privatisation) and Bode Gbore (SSA, Political).

The remaining are Abdulrahman Baffa Yola (SA, Political), Kolade Sofola (SA, Infrastructure), Ebi Awosika (STA, Community Engagement), Muyiwa Abiodun (SSA, Power), Forri Samson Banu (SA, Entrepreneurship), Bege Bala (SA, BPE), Feyishayo Aina (SA, Community Engagement), Halima Bawa (SA, Community Engagement), Nkechi Chukwueke (SA, Community Engagement) and Ilsa Essien (SA, Media).

In a tweet on Thursday evening, the spokesman of the vice president, Laolu Akande, dismissed the list, saying that it was not genuine and should be ignored.

“Also, a list circulating in the media on d so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he said on his personal handle @akandeoj.

The presidency had begun the implementation of the sacking of the aides on Wednesday.

It was learnt that even when Osinbajo was hoping that the sacking of the aides would be reversed by the president, some of the affected persons on Wednesday had their Presidential Villa access tags retrieved from them as they reported for work.

Some of those who reported for work were said to have been approached at the gate by security personnel who seized their tags upon confirming that their names were contained in the list of sacked aides apparently provided for them.

Some of the aides were said to have left their offices on Wednesday and returned home to avoid being embarrassed.

A source close to the vice president’s office had confided in the Nigerian Tribune that some of the aides who came to work on Wednesday left on their own accord to stave off any incident with security personnel

https://tribuneonlineng.com/no-one-is-too-powerful-for-me-to-control-buhari/
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by FakeManna: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

LATEST NEWSTOP NEWS
By Leon Usigbe | Abuja
On Nov 9, 2019

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Friday declared that he was in absolute control of his government and that there is no one too powerful for him to handle.

He also confirmed the sacking of some aides of his deputy, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, saying it was done as part of the cost-cutting moves of his government.

The president, in his first official statement since the news of the sacking of 35 aides of Osinbajo broke days ago, said on Friday that there was no rift between him and Osinbajo, contrary to media reports.

A statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, confirmed that there was an ongoing overhaul of the presidency which led to the termination and non-renewal of certain political appointments.

It said the office of the vice president had also been shed of such appointees. The statement was, however, silent on who among Buhari’s aides had been equally sacked.

The statement reads: “The presidency wishes to confirm that there is, ongoing, an unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government, arising from which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term.

“The exercise, which has been ordered by the president, is to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.

“It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce which acts as a drag on efficiency.

“As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the president were not returned for the second term.

“The office of the vice president, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo has, in compliance with the directive of the president, equally been shed of a number of such appointees.

More in Home

“In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public. As far as the president is concerned, there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.

“In the light of this, the presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.

“The media reports of a soured relationship are originating from the minds and mouths of mischief makers who are desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa with which to titillate the public. This ulterior motive is the basis of the wrong interpretation given to the recent exercise in the presidency.

“There has been a streamlining of staff going on for a while. The president has always had fewer staff than the vice president, and there were always plans to reduce the number of staff at the Villa.

The streamlining was not personal or targeted to undermine the vice president’s office, as the so-called insider sources quoted by the media appear to make it seem.

“The president is in absolute control of his government. The media should stop attributing non-existent powers to some people. There cannot be anyone too powerful for President Buhari to control.”

Names of the sacked 35 aides had emerged in the presidency on Thursday. They are Jibola Ajayi, (SA, Legal), Lanre Osinbona (SSA, ICT), Imeh Okon (SSA, Infrastructure), Jide Awolowo (SA, Oil and Gas), Lilian Idiaghe (SA, Research, Legal and Compliance), Arukino Umukoro (SA, Niger Delta) and Bala Liman Mohammed (SSA, Economy).

Others include Edobor Iyamu (SSA, Niger Delta), Dolapo Bright (SSA, Agro Allied Value Chain), Toyosi Onaolapo (SA, Community Engagement), Gambo Manzo (SA, Political), Bisi Ogungbemi (SA, Political Matters), Edirin Akemu (SSA, Industry, Trade and Investment), Akin Soetan (STA, Economic Matters), Aondaver Kuttuh (Technical Assistant, Rule of Law), Ife Adebayo (SA, Innovation), Yussuf Ali (SA, Power Regulations), Tola Asekun (SSA, National Boundary Commission), Morakinyo Beckley (SA, Off-grid Power), Yosola Akinbi (SSA, NEC), Tochi Nwachukwu (SA, Power Privatisation) and Bode Gbore (SSA, Political).

The remaining are Abdulrahman Baffa Yola (SA, Political), Kolade Sofola (SA, Infrastructure), Ebi Awosika (STA, Community Engagement), Muyiwa Abiodun (SSA, Power), Forri Samson Banu (SA, Entrepreneurship), Bege Bala (SA, BPE), Feyishayo Aina (SA, Community Engagement), Halima Bawa (SA, Community Engagement), Nkechi Chukwueke (SA, Community Engagement) and Ilsa Essien (SA, Media).

In a tweet on Thursday evening, the spokesman of the vice president, Laolu Akande, dismissed the list, saying that it was not genuine and should be ignored.

“Also, a list circulating in the media on d so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he said on his personal handle @akandeoj.

The presidency had begun the implementation of the sacking of the aides on Wednesday.

It was learnt that even when Osinbajo was hoping that the sacking of the aides would be reversed by the president, some of the affected persons on Wednesday had their Presidential Villa access tags retrieved from them as they reported for work.

Some of those who reported for work were said to have been approached at the gate by security personnel who seized their tags upon confirming that their names were contained in the list of sacked aides apparently provided for them.

Some of the aides were said to have left their offices on Wednesday and returned home to avoid being embarrassed.

A source close to the vice president’s office had confided in the Nigerian Tribune that some of the aides who came to work on Wednesday left on their own accord to stave off any incident with security personnel

[/s]
trash trash trash
abba kyari is the president
Osinbajo is a criminal vagabond useless bastard nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pasta

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by backnbeta(f): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Thankfully, some diehard fans of this oppressive government are waking up undecided

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by Beremx(f): 11:51am On Nov 09, 2019
The cabals in your government think otherwise.

Wake up from slumbering Mr President!!

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by lomprico(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2019
ABBA karyi is more powerful than you.

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by sarrki(m): 11:58am On Nov 09, 2019
Beremx:
The cabals in your government think otherwise.

Wake up from slumbering Mr President!!

Kind of agree with you

But I don’t believe they are cabal

They are overzealous staffs using the name of Mr President to run personal and political stuffs
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by sweetonugbu: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
CONTROL

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by FakeManna: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

Kind of agree with you

But I don’t believe they are cabal

They are overzealous staffs using the name of Mr President to run personal and political stuffs
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by Racoon(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
shocked I guess Mr.President has gotten permission from Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura to say this scrap?
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by Racoon(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
sarrki:
Kind of agree with you but I don’t believe they are cabal.They are just over-zealous staffs using the name of Mr President to run personal and political stuffs

You better accept reality as it seems the sai baba spirit don't want to leave you or you don't want to leave it.Over zealous staff? Meaning they don't have respect for the president but we're not fooled.
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by MrToothBrush: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Some days back... Akin Alabi the owner 9jabet and also a legislature said

Chief Of Staff More Powerful Than Vice President - - Akin Alabi -
This post was even before the news came out that Osinbajo aides were going to be sacked.

Sarrki was quick to debunk the news saying there was no such thing and in fact, There was no sack letters
One thing I have observed about people who claim attaché online is that nobody knows them and they are uninformed too. Sarrki is uninformed. Nobody knows him. Forgot the attachment he is claiming

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by sarrki(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
Racoon:
cheesy Better accept reality. Seems the sai baba spirit don't want to leave you or you don't want to leave it.Over zealous staff? Meaning they don't have respect for the president but we're not fooled.

I am a realist

I don’t just hate the way you guys did for me President due to religion, political and ethnicity
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by FakeManna: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

I am a realist

I don’t just hate the way you guys did for me President due to religion, political and ethnicity
[/s]
shatap
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by orion7: 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
MrToothBrush:
Some days back... Akin Alabi the owner 9jabet and also a legislature said

Chief Of Staff More Powerful Than Vice President - - Akin Alabi -
This post was even before the news came out that Osinbajo aides were going to be scared.

Sarrki was quick to debunk the news saying there was no such thing and in fact, There was no sack letters
One thing I have observed about people who claim attaché online is that nobody knows them and they are uninformed too. Sarrki is uninformed. Nobody knows him. Forgot the attachment he is claiming
lol Sarki? hehe seems you re new here.

confirmed mumu that guy grin

1 Like

Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by MrToothBrush: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
sarrki:

I am a realist
have you ever wondered why the sudden visits to Akeredolu in recent times by APC bigwigs? I am not sure if I should break the news to you
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by sarrki(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
MrToothBrush:
have you ever wondered why the sudden visits to Akeredolu in recent times by APC bigwigs? I am not sure if I should break the news to you

Another fake insinuation
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by Monogamy: 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
May be May be not
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by meccuno: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

LATEST NEWSTOP NEWS
By Leon Usigbe | Abuja
On Nov 9, 2019

More in Home

[/s]
Re: No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari by FakeManna: 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

Another fake insinuation
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Breakings! Hon. Joseph Albasu Kunini Emerged New Speaker Taraba State Assembly / No Going Back On Building Fourth Mainland Bridge – Lagos Governor, Sanwo-Olu / TY Danjuma Vs Fani Kayode: Nigeria Being Run By Crude Barbarians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.