Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja (3209 Views)

Animated Billboard Causes Panic In Lagos / Billboard Advertising In Nigeria / Billboard Space Turned Into Office In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
Good day,

I want to open a company for an outdoor billboard advertisement in Abuja and I would like to know how much it would cost to run the company ,what and what do I need and also how to go about it.

Please...your kind advice and guidance are all welcome.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
First go to the abuja advertising agency in abuja...they will tell you what you need to bring to get a formal license and also tell you what their rates are for registration.....but if it is anything like their lagos counterpart I would say you should have an account with at least 12m in it...don't try to forge your accounts they will check....the account part is about the most important part of your application....if you dont have enough they will feel you can't compete so they will turn down your application and you won't be able to reapply for another six months...if you do get the license you can now start looking for good location to mount your boards....you do have to turn in an application for each one you want to erect....and they all have different cost seperate from what you have pay just to start the registration process....but if you dont have money you can approach people in the office to put you under someone who has a license...for this option you will need to settle people in the abuja office, enter into an mou with whoever they put you under stating that you will handle the bills for any board you erect and you will need to settle them yearly to use their license....third option is to settle the people in the abuja office to get you your own license but this could turn out problematic after a few years....any way best of luck....hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
First go to the abuja advertising agency in abuja...they will tell you what you need to bring to get a formal license and also tell you what their rates are for registration.....but if it is anything like their lagos counterpart I would say you should have an account with at least 12m in it...don't try to forge your accounts they will check....the account part is about the most important part of your application....if you dont have enough they will feel you can't compete so they will turn down your application and you won't be able to reapply for another six months...if you do get the license you can now start looking for good location to mount your boards....you do have to turn in an application for each one you want to erect....and they all have different cost seperate from what you have to pay to start the process....another option is to approach people in the abuja office to put you under someone who has a license, you will need to settle the office people and enter into an mou with the license holder stating that you will pay the bills for any board you erect, you will also need to settle them yearly to use their license..... third option is to settle the people in the abuja office to get you your own license but this could be problematic after a few years....any way best of luck to you....hope this helps...Bless.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 10:50pm On Nov 09, 2019
leokid866:
First go to the abuja advertising agency in abuja...they will tell you what you need to bring to get a formal license and also tell you what their rates are for registration.....but if it is anything like their lagos counterpart I would say you should have an account with at least 12m in it...don't try to forge your accounts they will check....the account part is about the most important part of your application....if you dont have enough they will feel you can't compete so they will turn down your application and you won't be able to reapply for another six months...if you do get the license you can now start looking for good location to mount your boards....you do have to turn in an application for each one you want to erect....and they all have different cost seperate from what you have to pay to start the process....another option is to approach people in the abuja office to put you under someone who has a license, you will need to settle the office people and enter into an mou with the license holder stating that you will pay the bills for any board you erect, you will also need to settle them yearly to use their license..... third option is to settle the people in the abuja office to get you your own license but this could be problematic after a few years....any way best of luck to you....hope this helps...Bless.

Thank you very much for your advice sir.

Can someone get the name of the company registered first before approaching Abuja advertising agency for the requirements?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
omachris98:

Thank you very much for your advice sir.

Can someone get the name of the company registered first before approaching Abuja advertising agency for the requirements?
Yes they will ask for your cac....also you need to join apcon it's a major requirement.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 11:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
leokid866:
Yes they will ask for your cac....also you need to join apcon it's a major requirement.

Okay.

Thank you sir.
God bless sir.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by iCauseTrouble: 1:05am On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:
Definitely, you are an expert in this business.
Wanted to make an enquiry about the business during the week but it skipped my mind. Have been wanting to start this business in Abuja for years now. I know it must involve several registration with all these associations but never knew the price can be up to this. Chai... The money no be small money o
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 1:16am On Nov 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Wanted to make an enquiry about the business during the week but it skipped my mind. Have been wanting to start this business in Abuja for years now. I know it must involve several registration with all these associations but never knew the price can be up to this. Chai... The money no be small money o

It's not....but if you have a good location and good clients who won't fu*k with your soul you will cash out....by your second year if all goes well you will cross a profit line and coast from there.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 1:19am On Nov 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

The best two markets in nigeria for this type of business is Lagos and Abuja....if you play your cards right.....you will be rushed during election years....even you self will be shocked how much money will be flowing in.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by SendAbroad: 2:29am On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

The best two markets in nigeria for this type of business is Lagos and Abuja....if you play your cards right.....you will be rushed during election years....even you self will be shocked how much money will be flowing in.

Do you know licence owners in Lagos who will allow you to be under their licence to operate?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by iCauseTrouble: 6:38am On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

It's not....but if you have a good location and good clients who won't fu*k with your soul you will cash out....by your second year if all goes well you will cross a profit line and coast from there.
Will put it in mind and plan towards it. I know some hot spots in Abuja where billboards can be displayed.
I wish I could start small
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 7:18am On Nov 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Will put it in mind and plan towards it. I know some hot spots in Abuja where billboards can be displayed.

You should don't over play your hand cause the agency will come for their money whether you sell market or not....you can put up a small board first then expand with time....I know people who entered the business and immediately went on to mount huge boards....years later they had to downgrade the board just so they don't lose their license....48 sheet boards are not great money makers but they are fast selling....you can start with those....the major thing is having the location in your company name...
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
SendAbroad:

Do you know licence owners in Lagos who will allow you to be under their licence to operate?

Yes....a couple of my guys and brothers are involved in the business....but only if you are serious....these guys don't like to be disturbed unless there is money on the table....I'm talking Cash.....also if you are thinking of going that route you should find good locations that would make it worthwhile....this is so you don't end up wasting time once the deal is done.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by SendAbroad: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

Yes....a couple of my guys and brothers are involved in the business....but only if you are serious....these guys don't like to be disturbed unless there is money on the table....I'm talking Cash.....also if you are thinking of going that route you should find good locations that would make it worthwhile....this is so you don't end up wasting time once the deal is done.

I have sent you a message so I can get more details. Though if you would prefer to continue here, what amount of cash, if it's first time coming under the license to sign up, also if one finds site, what will be the sharing formula.., and the license usually for life or what duration?
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 9:00am On Nov 10, 2019
SendAbroad:

I have sent you a message so I can get more details. Though if you would prefer to continue here, what amount of cash, if it's first time coming under the license to sign up, also if one finds site, what will be the sharing formula.., and the license usually for life or what duration?

From what I know cause I helped my brother when he was getting his and have been helping him sometimes....the cash you put on the table will be shared by him and the agency people....as for the board the money you get from it is yours....you just have to pay the billboard Erection bill the agency will give you and this is a yearly bill.... I know he did one recently for one company on the island.... I know that depending on location some other agencies will come for their cut...for example when he helped the company on the island lagos Concession Company came round because the island is their territory because government gave it to them to develop so in situations like that you will have to deal with them seperate from the dealings with my bro and the agency....I'm in church now but will follow up later.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by SendAbroad: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

From what I know cause I helped my brother when he was getting his and have been helping him sometimes....the cash you put on the table will be shared by him and the agency people....as for the board the money you get from it is yours....you just have to pay the billboard Erection bill the agency will give you and this is a yearly bill.... I know he did one recently for one company on the island.... I know that depending on location some other agencies will come for their cut...for example when he helped the company on the island lagos Concession Company came round because the island is their territory because government gave it to them to develop so in situations like that you will have to deal with them seperate from the dealings with my bro and the agency....I'm in church now but will follow up later.

Thanks, when you come back from Church expecting to hear more details.. on finance involved etc etc..
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
SendAbroad:

Thanks, when you come back from Church expecting to hear more details.. on finance involved etc etc..

I'm also much interested in the above question too.
thank you all for the enlightenment and the guide.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
iCauseTrouble:

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 7:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
SendAbroad:

Please send your mail again....it didn't come in right.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by SendAbroad: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

Sent...check your email...it should be from Nairaland
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
leokid866:

I sent you a mail sir.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
omachris98:

I sent you a mail sir.

I already replied
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by omachris98(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
leokid866:

I already replied

I already got your message sir.

Thanks.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by HawksDude(m): 11:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
This is quite interesting.

I can help with the addresses and geolocation of current boards and give you ideas of fertile areas If you are looking for locations around Nigeria where there are opportunities to site billboards especially Lagos, Abuja and PH.

Feel free to PM me.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by deholister(m): 4:46am On Aug 09, 2020
Pls I'm in need of your contact, pertaining to this discussion

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by Antibot5: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
leokid866:
First go to the abuja advertising agency in abuja...they will tell you what you need to bring to get a formal license and also tell you what their rates are for registration.....but if it is anything like their lagos counterpart I would say you should have an account with at least 12m in it...don't try to forge your accounts they will check....the account part is about the most important part of your application....if you dont have enough they will feel you can't compete so they will turn down your application and you won't be able to reapply for another six months...if you do get the license you can now start looking for good location to mount your boards....you do have to turn in an application for each one you want to erect....and they all have different cost seperate from what you have pay just to start the registration process....but if you dont have money you can approach people in the office to put you under someone who has a license...for this option you will need to settle people in the abuja office, enter into an mou with whoever they put you under stating that you will handle the bills for any board you erect and you will need to settle them yearly to use their license....third option is to settle the people in the abuja office to get you your own license but this could turn out problematic after a few years....any way best of luck....hope this helps.

Hi Leo.

Can we talk ? I kinda need an advise from you off this platform.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Antibot5:

Hi Leo.

Can we talk ? I kinda need an advise from you off this platform.
Sure....

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by Antibot5: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
leokid866:

Sure....
What's the email ? Or phone
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by daxon001(m): 9:14am On Nov 21, 2021
omachris98:
Good day,

I want to open a company for an outdoor billboard advertisement in Abuja and I would like to know how much it would cost to run the company ,what and what do I need and also how to go about it.

Please...your kind advice and guidance are all welcome.

Thanks.

Whatever you do, don't forget APCON
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by leokid866: 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Antibot5:

What's the email ? Or phone
drop yours I'll reach out....
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by Antibot5: 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
leokid866:

drop yours I'll reach out....

wpfaqhub@gmail.com thanks I'll be expecting please.
Re: Please I Need Help On How To Start Billboard Advertising Company In Abuja by Rockyfancino(m): 8:16am On Jan 01
iCauseTrouble:

Well done sire and happy new year. I would like to ask if you still did go into this business or at least I want to know more about the cost, because you mentioned you didn't expect it to be that high.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Used Samsung Galaxy A54 5G / Is There Any Restrictions On Strip Club Operations In Enugu / BEST LOGO DESIGN AND BRANDING SERVICES IN JUST ONE CLICK (CHECK IN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.