Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,883 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 (24444 Views)

Hananya Naftali Shares Eri Festival Moments Online / Eri Kingdom Celebrates Eri Festival (olili Eri) / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by chigoizie7(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
subtlemee:
What's the festival about?

That your mouth go sweet to suck dick ooh
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
Those foreigners look like they're regretting their decision to travel down there already. Trust Ndigbo to milk them dry within a day or two of their arrival cheesy
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by renewable1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
Cool
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Those foreigners look like they're regretting their decision to travel down there already. Trust Ndigbo to milk them dry within a day or two of their arrival cheesy

hmmm deceiving black Americans searching for identity

Marraige scam part 2

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Originalsly: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
@OP....we.are still waiting.... what is the festival about? That's the first thing you should mention. Hmmm..... but then...maybe you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
Originalsly:
@OP....we.are still waiting.... what is the festival about? That's the first thing you should mention. Hmmm..... but then...maybe you don't know.

it's about scamming foreigners
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by bikefab(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
The ancestral igbo origin...

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by engrchykae(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
What are the white devils doing in the gathering of umu chineke?
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Originalsly: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
isthatso:

it's about scamming foreigners

Thanks.... I can believe that.....they are smart enough to do so... but if it were you... I would never ever believe it. Not possible.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by prevailer247(f): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
Igbo enwee eze, how come the Nri and Eri people have kings?

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by jimyjames(m): 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
mercyville:

Long before Israel exist?
Igbo or Igala because Nri kingdom is Igala.
Nri is igala or igala is traces it's origin to nri? Who is NRI and who is Eri?
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Legendguru: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Guyman02: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
For your information, the OSU caste was abolished here, so these African Americans are coming home as freeborns of Igboland

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Ofemmanu1: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
drips8:
Great display of culture.

You called this shitt display of culture?!
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by discusant: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Panther123:
what with that israeli flag smiley

Awuuu. You can't recognize Israel's Star of David (5 points) when you see it.
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Janella1(f): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Litmus: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
realestniggah:
Just by looking at the skin you know who American and who is Nigerian.

Apart from the guy in the river, i couldn’t tell who was African American, undecided i suppose the woman with tattoo (because of the tattoo), bowing. If the post hadn’t mentioned African Americans, i might have just though, whoa, these Nigerians look fat, lazy and out of shape.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by jimyjames(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
mercyville:

Nri or Eri is just like Ibo or Igbo.One and the same.
Nri kingdom was Igala and they colonised Igboland.
That's not true igala never colonised igbo rather igala and igbo all originated from Eri

Eri and Nri are not the same, nri is the son of eri

The second wife of Eri Oboli begot Ọnọja, the only son who founded the Igala Kingdom in Kogi State

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by ukaface(f): 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
My Aguleri
Be nma m

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Revolva(m): 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
ChiSomtoChi:
grin who can guess why am happy?

Thank God HRM Eze Chukwuemeka accepted the fact that eri and Agulueri are Igbos and not Igalas.

Aguleri are igbos na before wat are they it's just that someof them have igala heritage and remember the same Eri also gave birth to onoja and found some part of igala land

Aguleri is Igbo ok

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by musicwriter(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
Panther123:
what with that israeli flag smiley

That emblem has been before the people in the Midle East today who claim to be Jews/Israel. There's no record in history of any white man calling himself a Jew before 1,000 years ago. Even 1,000 is too long but I am willing to give them that time.

The people in Israel today are Jewish converts who converted to Jeudaism as late as 900 years ago. During our 450 years in slavery, history was erased and rewritten and anything suggesting black power removed.

Even in their holy book, Solomon said he was black man. See Songs of Solomon, chapter 1:5-6. It reads ''I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.''

Now, this is not to endorse Judaism as the right religion because every religion is a delusion.

For more info, google ''the lost history. Who stole black history?.Why was black history stolen?''

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by PureFace1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
jimyjames:

That's not true igala never colonised igbo rather igbo colonised igala, that's why igala is a minority compared to igbo
The second wife of Eri Oboli begot Ọnọja, the only son who founded the Igala Kingdom in Kogi State

Igala colonized and enslaved Igbo

Go and learn history

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Unbiased1: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
mercyville:

Long before Israel exist? Igbo or Igala because Nri kingdom is Igala.
NRI Kingdom is Igboland.
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by jimyjames(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
PureFace1:

Igala colonized and enslaved Igbo

Go and learn history

Igala colonised part of igbo Not the who of igbo my friend,
Igala originated from Eri igbo originated from eri

Read history too my friend don't just tell one side of the story for sake of arguments

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by nurric(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
ukaface:
My Aguleri
Be nma m
Nwanne mmadu
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by mercyville: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
jimyjames:

That's not true igala never colonised igbo rather igala and igbo all originated from Eri

Eri and Nri are not the same, nri is the son of eri

That is a lie concocted by the Igbos.The Igala were warriors that took a lot of Igbos as slaves.They colonised the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by GODWIN78(m): 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
what a sadist.
Re: Chukwuemeka Eri Hosts World Eri Festival In Aguleri, 2019 by Revolva(m): 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
“ERI MIGRATED FROM IGALA”
By Ayegba Abdullahi Adojoh
Dedicated to Eze Nri, Attah of Obosi, Asagba of Asaba and Olu of Warri
Igala may not be related to everyone in southeast Nigeria, especially those of Aro and/or Jewish origin but Igala is related to Nri people considering some related cultures between us. Although, some South-easterners believe that Eri/Eli was the father of all Igbo people, while some disagree with that.
But Eri, as a person, how was he related to Igala if actually he was? According to some Igbo historians, Atta, one of the sons of Eri was the founder of Igala people. But Igala was not founded by one person as it is popular that Igala settled in Wukari-Taraba state after coming from Egypt through Borno … and later migrated from Wukari to Idah.
In addition, Attah is a tittle in Igala land not a person as they said, and it means father. So, Attah Igala means Father of Igala. Thus, this version does not have any truth.
Another version said that Eri migrated from Igala area to Aguleri and later married an Igala wife who begot a son called Onoja Oboli, and that the Onoja later founded Igala. This is so cyclic and very contradictory.
If Eri migrated from Igala which was already in existence before even marrying his wife or getting a son, how come the same Igala will be founded by Onoja? This also does not hold water.
The third version said that Eri came from heaven with his wife and settled near Omabala river. He later got a child called Idah who founded Igala. Again, this is very strange to many popular world historians as Idah was just a location and not the name of person. Idah was from Ona Imuda,meaning the road has ended because the road or path they were following during their (Igala people) migration ended at the bank of river Niger and they Igala people had to settle down there. Till date, no man or ruler or Attah Igala among the royal clan had/has Idah as his name. This makes this version also false. There is another version which is still different. These inconsistence versions by Igbo historians could not provide provable facts. However, all of them point to one direction, and that is; Eri or Igbo was the father of Igala people.
But considering some similar cultures between Eri people and Igala, and which are not common btw Eri and other Igbo towns, some historians believed that Eri was Igala who left Idah and settled around Omabala river many century ago just like many other Igala people across Nigeria and beyond.
As seen in the photo, it can be seen that the Eze Nri dressed like Attah Igala, as he had Ejubejuailo (pectoral mask) on the chest. It is worthy of note here that Ejubejuailo is worn by Attah Igala and no other traditional leader in the entire world. It was taken by Igala soldiers from the Oba of Benin in 1515 during our first war with them. So, how come the Eze Nri dressed (in 1944) like Attah Igala if he was not of Igala? Recall that many Igala communities outside Kogi state have traditional titles like Attah (eg Attah of Obosi), Agaba Idu, Idu, Akor, Okakwu, Okpala, etc while some dress like Attah Igala to show their Igala identity.
From available information, it was stated that the burial of any late Eze Nri is similar or related to that of Attah Igala including the Atebo/Atama of Igala and Adama of Eri side.
But that is not all, according to Mr Lawton in 1917, “The Nris are of Igara [Igala] stock, extended themselves southward from Idah”. “Practically all the towns north of the Onitsha-Akwa road are Nri- including Nteje, Umuleri and Aguleri”. In the Awka Division, Akwuju, Igbariam and Amanuke, Orumebo, Oreri are Nris”
In 1955, an Aguleri man, M. C. M. Idigo stated that “The Aguleri people originated from Igara [Igala] and migrated to their present area about 3 or 4 centuries ago. The leader Eri, a warrior, took his people on a war expedition, and after long travel and many fights, established his camp at Eri-aka, near Odanduli stream, a place which lies between Ifite and Igbezunu Aguleri. Eri, with his soldiers, went out regularly from his settlement to Urada, Nnadi and other surrounding towns on war raids and captured many of the inhabitants. These were the Ibo-speaking people and by mixing with them and inter-marriage, the immigrants adopted the language”.
In 1960, J. S. Boston stated that “The northern Umunri villages say that the clan was founded by a man called Eri who came to the Anambra area from Igala country and settled at the Aguleri…”
Conclusion: From the above points especially that of the Nri descendant, M. C. M. Idigo, I will join my mouth with them to say that “ERI MIGRATED FROM IGALA”. That is, Eri was Igala who migrated from Idah just like many other Igala people across the 28 states of Nigeria. .. and do you know what, our reconnection will take place soon. God bless Igala Kingdom.
References
1. Oral sources 2. Various online sources 3. Dr Nwanko T. Nwaezeigwe (2013): “The politics of Igbo origin and culture: The Igbo-Ukwu and Nri factors Reconsidered ” (https://www.africaresources.com>rasta)

Source

Amb Ayegba A. A.
(General Igala Ambassador)
Teacher, Researcher and Igala Unity Advocate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaking Jamaican Patois... / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.