Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Re: Corpers Dekitted From Camp For Refusal To Wear Pants - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Re: Corpers Dekitted From Camp For Refusal To Wear Pants (271 Views)

Tinubu To Go After Mele Kyari For Refusal To Remit Trillions Of Naira / Lady Tackles Her Client For Refusal To Pay Because She Refused Kissing / Native Doctors Drag CAC To Court For Refusal To Register TRPA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Corpers Dekitted From Camp For Refusal To Wear Pants by MetaPhysical: 12:07am On Nov 10, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5519771/corpers-de-kitted-evicted-ebonyi-camp#83883109

Please Nigerians, reference above thread.

NYSC has a goal broken into two parts...
1- service to fatherland and community

2- cultural integration for oneness.

The dekitting of the Corpers in Ebonyi is related with culture. The Corpers said trouser is foreign to their religious background.

I think NYSC can take this as a positive feedback to upgrade itself in the following manner.

The camp kit and uniform should be modified and styled to reflect local culture. So for instance if Im posted to Iboland for service I would love to be kitted with Isuagu and wrapper for men and wear knitted hat to match in NYSC colors, and with brand.

This bonds me with local people. When they see me in their own traditional dress they are receptive and even proud in the show of love.

This can generate local business when contract is given out to tailors in that locality to sew and style kits in dimensions that meet NYSC standards.

Somebody pass this to their Commandant and Minister of Interior.

Nairaland is not useless...we get ideas to move this country forward. grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Popular Evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke Dies / UEFA Champions League - Tuesdays Match Analysis / Edo 2020, Anxiety In Edo As IG Approve Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.