Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Finally, Hope For Sickle Cell Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Finally, Hope For Sickle Cell Patients (261 Views)

US Approves First Gene Therapies To Treat Sickle Cell Patients / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Hope For Sickle Cell Patients by cipslim(m): 5:03am On Nov 10, 2019
Sickle Cell disease has been an incurable disease for a lot of people in Nigeria, Personal I have lost friends and neighbors to Sickle Cell. It has broken families and people in love have been denied marriage due to both carrying sickle cell trait and the fear of giving birth to a child with sickle cell disease.

Sickle cell disease is a group of genetic disorders that cause red blood cells to become hard and sticky, taking on the form of a sickle. When these cells travel through small blood vessels, they can get stuck, causing pain, crisis, infection, and stroke.

According to WEBMD Health News, A man by the name of Lynndrick Holmes, 29 from Mobile, AL is free of sickle cell disease after receiving gene therapy for 2 years as part of a clinical trial.

Check out the full article at
https://nairaedge.com/finally-hope-for-sickle-cell-patients/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Increase Sales And Drive More Results With Our Digital Marketing Solutions / "I'm Dying, I Don't Want To Die Now" - Accident Victim, Young Journalist Cries / Congratulations!, It's A BABY BOY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.