Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO (19329 Views)

Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) / Trailer Loses Brake In Imo, Crushes 20 Women To Death (Photos) / King Air Jet Rams Into Fence At Lagos Airport After Brake Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by Exponental(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
The truck should be descending, why applying the wedge at the back if description is correct?

davodyguy:
What's the work of VIO and FRSC?

They chase after private vehicles rather than commercial vehicles
Do you mean VIO plc & FRSC Nig ltd?
Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by Stevengold(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2019
grin grin grin when they enter the truck. They just think they're immortal.
Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by NiCurious: 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wheel blocks should be both sides of the wheel. Tyre does not look fully inflated.

You know, in other countries, the driver would lose his licence for good, for driving a potential incendiary bomb of many tonnes--because that is what it is--without brakes. Unmaintained, uninspected vehicle...the owner would face heavy fines. If anything had gone wrong, jail time for both. At least he familiarized himself with the brake status, before starting his trip. undecided
Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by Beautyaddy: 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
wwwkaycom:
The only thing that Lagos Police, LASTMA, VIO and FRSC knows how to do is to chase me upandan for not having one nonexistent paper or passing through wrong way whenever I'm in Lagos, to the extent that I have stopped bringing my car to Lagos.
So petrol tanker without brake can move freely on Lagos roads, mumu nonsense people, God punish you especially for my 2k wey LASTMA collected at Ojodu berger in July for passing wrong road wey they never tell non-Lagosians before...

So you're making an excuse by belittling this great offence you also made here
Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by wwwkaycom(m): 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
majamajic:

one road at ikeja old Secretariat , in the morning it's one way , in the evening it's double way , no signs to let u know , police will sit and wait for u to enter , they will come out . they do catch like 20 drivers a day ,
Exactly what the LASTMA guy did for me. That Berger place we normally use to drive down to join Ogba-Agege Road, I didn't know they have now reserved it for only commercial vehicles. No signpost to show that, I just drove in like that and this LASTMA guy who was looking at me while trying to turn that way just ran after me to stop me. I quickly reversed to go back only to be blocked by an oncoming commercial bus (danfo) just before I could hit the express. This guy insisted I must go to LASTMA office to go and pay 30k or so or I negotiate with him. I actually wanted to go to their office but the danfo guy advised against it and pleaded with the officer to collect just N500 to let me go. He refused, the danfo guy left me there and I started negotiating on what I didn't buy. He collected my 2k eventually and told me this is "owo amala". Stupid guy. I still had encounter with FRSC and Police that same day but I was able to beg them to be freed. The way roads are changing to one way or for commercial vehicles only in Lagos ehn, I have stop driving to inside Lagos o, for 6 times now since July, I have been packing at a RCCG Church where my friend is pastor in Ibafo and took taxi. I'm tired about incessant harassments by traffic officers in Lagos.
Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by Toseenlove: 12:20am On Nov 11, 2019
wwwkaycom:
The only thing that Lagos Police, LASTMA, VIO and FRSC knows how to do is to chase me upandan for not having one nonexistent paper or passing through wrong way whenever I'm in Lagos, to the extent that I have stopped bringing my car to Lagos.
So petrol tanker without brake can move freely on Lagos roads, mumu nonsense people, God punish you especially for my 2k wey LASTMA collected at Ojodu berger in July for passing wrong road wey they never tell non-Lagosians before...

Bros No Vex Abeg....The thing really pain u gan Nii.

1 Like

Re: Petro Tanker Without Brake In Alakuko Traffic, Lagos State. VIDEO by Lush100(m): 3:28am On Nov 11, 2019
If those tankers don't supply fuel, una go know scarcity.
Truly it's difficult handling tankers for many reasons.
That large vehicle is difficult to drive. Most of these officer can drive cars , but they can't drive truck, every truck has their "manual mode done by Nigerian to move and stop, can the officer go through that stress of coiming out every time the vehicle is held up.
The commodities on them are flammable.
Being difficult to drive means if u carry inflammable material, u are putting ur life at huge risk.
3. Very heavy to haul. U will need another heavy truck to haul the vehicle with product .
So it's better to just allow them go or ask them to operate only at night (which is what they do).
And no I'm not a road officer but I once was going to haulage and the reasons were obvious

(1) (2) (Reply)

LAGBUS Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / One Dead As Pepsi Truck Runs Into Roadside Traders In Lagos. Photos / Does Newzealand Give Tourist Visa To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.