Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals (30573 Views)

14 Army Infantry Generals Pulled Out Of Active Service / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / Fulani, Abubakar Adamu 'Ano' Promoted To Brigadier General In Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by BitmapStudios: 7:41am On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations to Colonel Bature now Brig. General Bature.
An exceptional officer, calculated golfer and kind hearted man. I for one won't forget your personality when you were in 2Div. Congrats again sir.
cool

3 Likes

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by franchasng: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2019
angry angry angry
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by nams77: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2019
GGirll:
We are still waiting for the outcome of the slain police officers in Taraba o.....
My brother! The thing tire person. Like this,like this, people don dey forget. Even me sef don forget, if no be say you mention am.
Dats the plan of the government.

1 Like

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by toprealman: 7:53am On Nov 11, 2019
Summary:
A)
i) Fulani=
ii) Non-Fulani=
Total Hausa indigenes=
B)
Rest of Nigeria=

1 Like

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by geletor: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2019
Aladegba:

People like you are the problem of Nigeria. You didnt read the news yet you welcomed the development. Because if you do you will discover a brigadier general is being promoted to head nigerian high commission in egypt. This government is mad but i dont know why. grin e ni ori yoo o di ile.
Really? …..Like are you OK?? What has military attaché got to do with heading an embassy??

2 Likes

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by piippa(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2019
I now have a General so no shit hence forth.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by okuwehcris: 7:57am On Nov 11, 2019
11thScorpio:
Hello guys please help, I haven't been able to receive or send money from my fidelity Bank account for two days now. Please is this a general issue or just me? please help I'm out of the country

Same problem we are facing back here in Nigeria. No transaction for a while now
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by GGirll: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2019
nams77:

My brother! The thing tire person. Like this,like this, people don dey forget. Even me sef don forget, if no be say you mention am.
Dats the plan of the government.

God will surely visit whoever plotted n executed that killing in Jesus Name amen they don't deserve to die like that n their death investigation put under d carpet....we should keep asking for answers cos it may affect us tomorrow if don't. Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by Sam0(m): 8:01am On Nov 11, 2019
I know some are here to check if the names are dominated by northerners.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by GuyMan50: 8:05am On Nov 11, 2019
11thScorpio:
Hello guys please help, I haven't been able to receive or send money from my fidelity Bank account for two days now. Please is this a general issue or just me? please help I'm out of the country

Probably a general problem. I sent a colleague of mine money since yesterday, he's yet to receive it.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by SEGLIZ: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2019
they keep promoting but none of them retiring.
numerous generals, both brigadiers and majors. still no tactical, no intelligence we can't defeat subdue insurgence and terrorist cell.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by zealadjay(m): 8:09am On Nov 11, 2019
I did not see my uncle's name dere,
Or did he lie to me
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by Soulsymbol99: 8:09am On Nov 11, 2019
Pls wot is the Arabic word written under the badge?
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 11, 2019
More convoys to intimidate the civilians
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by airbrush: 8:24am On Nov 11, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Welcome development

another northern parade
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by MoIbrahim: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2019
DontBeStupid:
Will this reduce kidnappings, robbery & killings in nigeria?

It will reduce the noise about nepotism and marginalisation in the forces

1 Like

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by ibro1010(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2019
The First on the list is one of us from cantonment street in lokoja kogi state.... He is generous he has help many cantonment peoples into Nigerian Army.. Proudly Cantonmentlites ya Alhaji your kind gesture will never be forgotten... InshaAllah you will be come chief of army staff.
Long live Ya Alhaji
Long live Cantonment
Long live Kogi state
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by zeromeridian: 8:27am On Nov 11, 2019
bukkielee:
Upgrade your Resumé to look beautiful and professional for a token.
ok
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by juman(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2019
Hiss
I did not even read it.

The military armed robbers.
The greatest tragedy befell Nigeria was the greedy generals.

One Nigeria became a mess.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2019
Soulsymbol99:
Pls wot is the Arabic word written under the badge?

"Victory is from Allah only" They claim the inscription is "Aljami'' and not Arabic. Whatever Ajami means,Buhari should know.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by patwilly(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2019
SilentRiddles:
"lucky to be promoted" undecided undecided undecided?

Who writes these releases? Top level promotion in an institution as important as the national army was in part a process of "luck"? undecided undecided

Did they define and analyse the meaning of "luck" in a standard dictionary? Or they just decided to throw it in there cos Nigerians like to use the word a lot?

Let promoted generals, their families and true friends use the word in private, but in official documents, that word is wrong and communicates a wrong message about the process. It could mean some of the promoted generals just got "lucky" and may in truth not be deserving of the upgrade.

By the way, when will this Arabic inscription be corrected? I don't expect the religious/ethnic bigot currently there to do anything, but I know someday soon, the right thing will be done.
Thank you very much. You hit the nail on the head. I thought I was the only one that saw that gaffe. Col. Musa Sagir is known for his very bad English in his press releases. Makes me wonder if he's the best the Nigerian Army could find for such a sensitive position. Quota system stuff no doubt. I shudder to think how a foreign national or foreign military personnel reading this press release would think. I can just see him saying "so these Nigerian army generals are products of mere luck " . It denigrates and reduces in value the quality and ambience of our military generals. Already, all I'm thinking in my head is " lucky generals" ...not competent or well trained generals.. It's pure BS.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by sonature1: 8:46am On Nov 11, 2019
Mandesz:
Nigeria has been 'northernalised' since 1966. The north own the military, the police and other forces. If the north decided to secede today, they will do without stress or war. Assuming they own the oil like the south- south, secession would av happened a.long time ago.

The south- west never wise up, What happened to mko abiola.can't happened to a northerner.

Very useful and senseless comment.

Just congratulations would have been more meaning
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by OlujobaSamuel: 8:51am On Nov 11, 2019
SilentRiddles:
"lucky to be promoted" undecided undecided undecided?

Who writes these releases? Top level promotion in an institution as important as the national army was in part a process of "luck"? undecided undecided

Did they define and analyse the meaning of "luck" in a standard dictionary? Or they just decided to throw it in there cos Nigerians like to use the word a lot?

Let promoted generals, their families and true friends use the word in private, but in official documents, that word is wrong and communicates a wrong message about the process. It could mean some of the promoted generals just got "lucky" and may in truth not be deserving of the upgrade.

By the way, when will this Arabic inscription be corrected? I don't expect the religious/ethnic bigot currently there to do anything, but I know someday soon, the right thing will be done.
I no know sey we plenty, I had to check again if it was the reporter that included his own words or part of the press release.
Let's kukuma say undeserving lucky generals

1 Like

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by Godons1: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2019
DontBeStupid:
Will this reduce kidnappings, robbery & killings in nigeria?

No, it's targeted at reducing the crime rates in the East. grin grin grin

Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by samonak(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2019
MM Bunza, Nigerian Military School Zaria,

What's a Major Gen doing in NMS? Or are they saying he'll be the Commandant? Normally that post is reserved for Col or Brig Gen.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by TheWordist(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2019
ARABIC inscription on our Army Badge
Anyone notice it?
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by firo08(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2019
Congrats to them. Wish to get promoted someday in my place of work.
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by Ttipsy(f): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2019
Patiently waiting for Southern list
This northern list
Re: Army releases promotion of Major-Generals, Brigadier Generals by CrownPrincehawk(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations AO Arogbofa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Unexpected Signs You're More Successful Than You Think / BEDC Staff Electrocuted In Edo (Photos) / Fg Increases Salary Of Workers Next Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.