Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year (3309 Views)

Prolonged Seplat/Exxonmobil Deal Is Costing Nigeria 480,000 BPD - Minister / Calas Vegas: Ayade Builds ‘World-Class’ Resort Despite Tinapa’s ‘$450M Setback / AFCON 2019: Sanwo-Olu Speaks On Funding FG’s Delegation To Egypt With $450m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
djdutchboy:

The same Obasanjo that spent $16 billion dollars on electricity to give us darkness? You well so?
Nigeria electricity issue isn't much about the amount of cash going into the system. it is about administration and management at most .... Nigeria is not that industrialized, having 6000 megawatt is enough as it is.

You will need to go read much about obasonjo success on electricity. have you read my watch ....

funding the electricity sector with additional 3 billion dollar loan isn't much on the right direct direction. there is much more technical issues to be solve first.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
Nigeria electricity issue isn't much about the amount of cash going into the system. it is about administration and management at most .... Nigeria is not that industrialized, having 6000 megawatt is enough as it is.

You will need to go read much about obasonjo success on electricity. have you read my watch ....

funding the electricity sector with additional 3 billion dollar loan isn't much on the right direct direction. there is much more technical issues to be solve first.
Obasanjo is a useless corrupt wasteman. What happened to the $16 billion dollars spent on electricity

1 Like

Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
djdutchboy:

Obasanjo is a useless corrupt wasteman. What happened to the $16 billion dollars spent on electricity
I am not defending obasonjo but i will encourage you to go read my watch. he defend himself....
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
I am not defending obasonjo but i will encourage you to go read my watch. he defend himself....
He should serving life imprisonment in Kirikiri
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by nototribalist: 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
na wa for you o, how you go dey argue with a Ghanaian. You fall hands. That DJ guy na Ghanaian posing as Nigerian
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
Ok.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
na wa for you o, how you go dey argue with a Ghanaian. You fall hands. That DJ guy na Ghanaian posing as Nigerian
that isn't a biggy ... I am a nationalist of both country myself...
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
I am a Yoruba from Osun state, raised in the oil rich city of Warri.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by tartar9(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
Does Ghana has constant power supply
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by etrouble: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Later una go dey abuse Ghana. Dey compare them to a city in Nigeria but when it comes to achievements, you guys are missing undecided

Which area are we doing it right Which area can be boast of

Giants of Africa, una see una life

Giants for mouth. Mtcheeeeeeew

When are you relocating to Ghana
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by nototribalist: 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
that isn't a biggy ... I am a nationalist of both country myself...
haha you Ghanaian miscreants have flooded this website claiming Nigerian. Our borders will remain closed till 2025
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
haha you Ghanaian miscreants have flooded this website claiming Nigerian. Our borders will remain closed till 2025
why will Nigeria citizenship be something to be proud of? just tell me why I will claimed Nigeria citizenship with pride?....
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
I am Dutch, born to Nigerian parents. Nigeria has brought shame and disgrace to the black race.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
tartar9:
Does Ghana has constant power supply
Yes.......
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by nototribalist: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
why will Nigeria citizenship be something to be proud of? just tell me why I will claimed Nigeria citizenship with pride?....
the Ghanaian envy instincts are coming out finally. You Ghanaians will continue to eat from under our dinning table, not on the dinning table. Never.

Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by nototribalist: 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
djdutchboy:

I am Dutch, born to Nigerian parents. Nigeria has brought shame and disgrace to the black race.
Ghanaians are now denying their country and family.

Ghanaian family portrait

Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by vaxx2: 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
the Ghanaian envy instincts are coming out finally. You Ghanaians will continue to eat from under our dinning table, not on the dinning table. Never.
You aren't stable mentally.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
nototribalist:
Ghanaians are now denying their country and family.

Ghanaian family portrait
undecided
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by RTSC: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Later una go dey abuse Ghana. Dey compare them to a city in Nigeria but when it comes to achievements, you guys are missing undecided

Which area are we doing it right Which area can be boast of

Giants of Africa, una see una life

Giants for mouth. Mtcheeeeeeew

It is easy to generate enough power when you are the size of a state though.
Not making excuse for Nigeria.

But our needs and theirs are different.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
etrouble:

When are you relocating to Ghana
as soon as you get me a first class ticket!!!
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Litmus: 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
Talking of electricity and the “wonders that Nigerians will perform if they but only had constant electricity”. I’ve never been to Bonny Island but like most Nigerians I’ve heard much spoken of it in praise. Well, I’ve just a few minutes ago watched a Nigerian Vlogger visit bonny island and majority of the streets were horrible just like many places in mainland Nigeria reputedly horrible because of poor electricity. I was monumentally disappointed. Bonny Island, the Vlogger informed viewers indirectly as she conversed, has 24 hours electricity. My wonder is that I thought 24 hours electricity is the holy grail of Nigerian lives, the ownership of which will herald Dubai in our lifetime, so what happened in Bonny Island?

Put simply, why is bonny island not like a mini Dubai even though it has 24 hours electricity?

...place even has small population, relatively, and, presumably, inhabited mostly by people of SE/SS etc
there is even lots of mony knocking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAGKc7xCPcs
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Beautyaddy: 12:18am On Nov 11, 2019
RTSC:

It is easy to generate enough power when you are the size of a state though.
Not making excuse for Nigeria.

But our needs and theirs are different.

What a very Lazy and Embarrassing Excuse.

Find out from China how they're supplying constant electricity to one billion plus of their own citizens and with a very big sized Country.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by stanisbaratheon: 12:59am On Nov 11, 2019
...and yet we pay more than that for darkness here in Nigeria.
Re: Ghana Has So Much Electricity That It Is Costing $450m A Year by Blue3k2: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
EVarn:
That is a nice development,why are the people against it?

From what I read they're disappointed in the government handling of power sector. I guess there's areas that need their attention domestically.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Might Miss Parent’s Burial – IPOB / They Froze My Account Too / IPOB's proscription was done in error, Apologize to igbos -Zainab slams G shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.