Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp (503 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp by abagoro(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
Vice President General of the Igbo apex socio-cultural organization,, Chief Enechi Onyia (SAN), has described the Imeobi (inner caucus) meeting where the purported endorsement took place as a charade. Since last month, the Ohaneze has openly stated that it is supporting President Jonathan in the 2011 election, hoping that he would hand over to an Igbo president in 2015. But Onyia, a lawyer of 49 years practice, and the Chancellor of Enugu North Anglican Diocese, told a select group of journalists in his chambers in Enugu that the Imeobi meeting in which the endorsement of President Jonathan took place, was not properly constituted. He said that the decision taken through a voice vote was stage-managed and hasty as Jonathan is still an aspirant who is yet to emerge as candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Ohanaeze Ndigbo endorsing President Jonathan in 2011

I do not want to play politics with Jonathan. His endorsement is a political action and therefore based on so many criteria. As a member of Ohaneze Ndigbo, we discussed these things. Some of us believed that the timing is more important than going to the Press. We are all politicians, before you endorse him, he must have been a candidate, not an aspirant. There is a difference between a candidate and an aspirant. So, unless it is in your political party, you don’t start adopting aspirants when you are not in their political party. So, I think there was an error somewhere, maybe, over enthusiasm. An Igbo man should not be disgraced. I don’t see any wisdom on the part of Ohaneze Ndigbo at this juncture to endorse anybody, even if he were an Igbo man. They should wait. They are at the moment, aspirants in their political parties. When a man becomes a candidate, you look at other candidates and decide who to choose. That is what I call wise decision. But if you want to play politics to the crowd, you can adopt anybody at anytime. It means you are playing to the crowd. You are not being serious about it. Ohanez
Re: 2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp by abagoro(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2010
abagoro:

I do not want to play politics with Jonathan. His endorsement is a political action and therefore based on so many criteria. As a member of Ohaneze Ndigbo, we discussed these things. Some of us believed that the timing is more important than going to the Press. We are all politicians, before you endorse him, he must have been a candidate, not an aspirant. There is a difference between a candidate and an aspirant. So, unless it is in your political party, you don’t start adopting aspirants when you are not in their political party. So, I think there was an error somewhere, maybe, over enthusiasm. An Igbo man should not be disgraced. I don’t see any wisdom on the part of Ohaneze Ndigbo at this juncture to endorse anybody, even if he were an Igbo man. They should wait. They are at the moment, aspirants in their political parties. When a man becomes a candidate, you look at other candidates and decide who to choose. That is what I call wise decision. But if you want to play politics to the crowd, you can adopt anybody at anytime. It means you are playing to the crowd. You are not being serious about it.

You see I am not alone in opposing this so-called adoption by Ohaneze.
Re: 2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp by abadaba(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Abagoro. This is an irrelevant thread, moreover, it has been discussed earlier on other threads. Do you enjoy duplicating threads or are you just a late comer?.
Re: 2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp by abagoro(m): 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

@Abagoro. This is an irrelevant thread, moreover, it has been discussed earlier on other threads. Do you enjoy duplicating threads or are you just a late comer?.

No I don't enjoy duplicating thread but this is todays news.The other thread was pro-endorsement while this one is anti-endorsement.
Re: 2011 : Ohaneze Endorsement Of Jonathan A Charade –vp by abadaba(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
Metal gong posted the same article in one of the Onanaeze endorsement threads, check that out.

(1) (Reply)

Fire Guts Atiku Campaign Headquarters / Get An Attractive Website In Nigeria For As Low As N15k / Who Do You Want As The Nigerian President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.