Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers (1436 Views)

My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Too Much Blood Sucking Bugs On My Dogs Body. What Should I Do Please? / Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by Engrpj(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2019
Dog experts kindly advice.
My 4 Months old Rot and Caucasian never barks at strangers, they will just be wagging their tails when they see strangers coming in, but when they are fighting between themselves their bark is so scary, the Rot has this loud and deep bark.
What could be the reason. Am thinking of disposing both of then because for me am just wasting money on their feeding with no good security outcome.
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by Abfinest007(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2019
if they are new to the environment .my dog didn't bark for close to six months but now he is like a lion .u can't attack me in the present of my dog without my dog fighting you
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by CapitalHYC(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2019
grin grin They know what peace means nii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by Larryfest(m): 8:12am On Nov 11, 2019
You should keep those dogs away from every eyes as they are growing up,don't allow strangers play with them feeding and other things should be done by just you and your immediate family plus they ought to be locked up and covered so they don't see much people only to be released at night when everywhere is dark. If you do all this trust me every other person they see apart from you and your family becomes an enemy to them. Start it now!

1 Like

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by nzeobi(m): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2019
Did you buy them for security or to serve as pets.
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by Samolasoj(m): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2019
Give them time okay bcus they are still puppies,
Trust me when they fully mature, u will be the one complaining that they are too aggressive.
I have a 3 months plus Caucasian and he don't bark at strangers as well but am not worried cus he is still a puppy.

Just give them time
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by kobosmart(m): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2019
grin their owner is prolly a pvssy so they are imitating him

1 Like

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by frowland(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2019
Engrpj:
My 4 Months old Rot and Caucasian never barks at strangers, they will just be wagging their tails when they see strangers coming in, but when they are fighting between themselves their bark is so scary, the Rot has this loud and deep bark.
What could be the reason. Am thinking of disposing both of then because for me am just wasting money on their feeding with no good security outcome.
Funny
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by vincentjk(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2019
Allow a pup be a pup. What they need most right now is that food you think you're wasting, give them enough to enable them grow well and balanced. My boerboel didn't bark at all until the age of 1year and 11months. When he started I was the only one that could control him not to attack a stranger imagine.

My gsd's guard instinct on the other hand is just beginning to kick in, he's 2years and and 5months imagine. When the time comes they both will become vicious because the two breeds aren't pets either
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by IamAnderson(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2019
Engrpj:
immediately I saw the thread even before reading I knew they were puppies.
at 4 months you shouldn't expecting much from them, forget the big size they are still very young.
as far as it's a rott and a Caucasian you have, don't bother yourself, when they start you'll be the one begging them to relax

2 Likes

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by IamAnderson(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2019
vincentjk:
Allow a pup be a pup. What they need most right now is that food you think you're wasting, give them enough to enable them grow well and balanced. My boerboel didn't bark at all until the age of 1year and 11months. When he started I was the only one that could control him not to attack a stranger imagine.

My gsd's guard instinct on the other hand is just beginning to kick in, he's 2years and and 5months imagine. When the time comes they both will become vicious because the two breeds aren't pets either
your dogs are late bloomers ooh, some people won't even have patience to wait that long
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by vincentjk(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
IamAnderson:

your dogs are late bloomers ooh, some people won't even have patience to wait that long

Very late, I made up my mind to sell Murphy before his instincts kicked in. Just hope Augusto's will be a different case tho

2 Likes

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by Spanishmilf(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
Engrpj:
when you we're 2yrs old do you know anything about mathematics..... Can you add 2+2 as a 2yr kid
Some people are just annoying u are expecting a 4mnth old dog to start barking.
What if they bark at strangers at 4mnth and they are aggressive at 4mnth with your write up they will maul you to death one day, if u wan dispose those dogs holla me okay I'm available funny man you are expecting a 4mnth old dog to bark hahhahahhahahahhahahha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by IamAnderson(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
vincentjk:

Very late, I made up my mind to sell Murphy before his instincts kicked in. Just hope Augusto's will be a different case tho
maybe they're starting late because of something you're doing wrong.
are they ever in situations that require them to bark or you just leave them to play calmy with themselves all day.
I've noticed the dogs that weren't engaged in "rough play" bloom later
I feel if you want your dogs to start acting earlier you should show them that their are threatening things they should be scared of or be ready to attack cheesy
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by daniecrown06(m): 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
They are still puppies at 4months,I had the same anxiety about my Caucasian until he started barking at 9months...Give them time they would pick up.
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by daniecrown06(m): 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
Spanishmilf:
when you we're 2yrs old do you know anything about mathematics..... Can you add 2+2 as a 2yr kid
Some people are just annoying u are expecting a 4mnth old dog to start barking.
What if they bark at strangers at 4mnth and they are aggressive at 4mnth with your write up they will maul you to death one day, if u wan dispose those dogs holla me okay I'm available funny man you are expecting a 4mnth old dog to bark hahhahahhahahahhahahha
You can imagine my brother,they are still puppies ,he is carried away by the their size...I made the same complain about my Caucasian. Until he started barking at 9months
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by daniecrown06(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2019
IamAnderson:

immediately I saw the thread even before reading I knew they were puppies.
at 4 months you shouldn't expecting much from them, forget the big size they are still very young.
as far as it's a rott and a Caucasian you have, don't bother yourself, when they start you'll be the one begging them to relax
He is carried away by the size...They would definitely bark as they get older
Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by vincentjk(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
IamAnderson:

maybe they're starting late because of something you're doing wrong.
are they ever in situations that require them to bark or you just leave them to play calmy with themselves all day.
I've noticed the dogs that weren't engaged in "rough play" bloom later
I feel if you want your dogs to start acting earlier you should show them that their are threatening things they should be scared of or be ready to attack cheesy

Trust me i did for Murphy but not for gustaf, Murphy's parent weren't that territorial esp the mum which resulted to his late blooming. But Augusto's own is a different case so let's see how it goes wink

1 Like

Re: My Dogs Dont Bark At Strangers by space9880: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2019
Larryfest:
You should keep those dogs away from every eyes as they are growing up,don't allow strangers play with them feeding and other things should be done by just you and your immediate family plus they ought to be locked up and covered so they don't see much people only to be released at night when everywhere is dark. If you do all this trust me every other person they see apart from you and your family becomes an enemy to them. Start it now!
OP ignore this advice like a plague do opposite of everything he said

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Dog Of The Year Award / Is This A Cobra Or What ? [photo] / Sold!!! Male Eskimo Stud For Sale @65k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.