Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W (352 Views)

Toyin Abraham Gives Wizkid A Peck At 2Baba Show / Davido Calls Wizkid A Legend, An Icon / Shola Ogudu: Why I Called Wizkid Out On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W by Samorenews: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2019
Nigerian singer, actor and filmmaker, Bankole Wellington a.k.a Banky W has emphasized on the importance of seeing into the future.

At a recent youth gathering tagged ‘Monday Night Life’ held on the 4th of November 2019, the acclaimed entertainer revealed why he called Wizkid a superstar when he(Wizkid )was just starting out At the event hosted by Nigerian eclectic gospel artiste, Tim Godfrey, Banky narrated his rise from the ashes of rejection to becoming a formidable force in the Nigerian entertainment industry

In his words:- When we started EME back then, we were looking for an album title for Wizkid’s first album. I was thinking ‘What do we call it? One day I told my team we are going to call the album ‘Superstar’. My partners asked why? I said to them, we need to already set the expectation.

I called him a superstar ever before he became one. This is not about I am a new artiste, this is my first album, it will take me a few years to be a star. We said that with this album, you are a superstar already. We had to say that so that when people see it, they would know how to respond to what we were trying to do. It sounded funny but it was an act of faith.

Source
http://samgist.com/i-called-wizkid-a-superstar-ever-before-he-became-one-banky-w/

Re: I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W by Mariangeles(f): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2019
That is so true !
He'd always reiterate it back then, when Wizkid was still shy cheesy
But now, he's all over every stage grabbing asses that are bigger than him embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W by Fabolousibk1(m): 9:30am On Nov 11, 2019
Wizzy baby baba NLA..... World super star
When you're big,then you're big
#StarboyFC

Re: I Called Wizkid A Superstar Ever Before He Became One-banky W by Noblekingmusic: 9:47am On Nov 11, 2019
gba

(1) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Gives Daughter, DJ Cuppy N5bn For Her Foundation / [photos] Tacha Drops Heartfelt Message To Her Fans / 'Nigerian Or Ghanian Jollof Rice?' Okonjo Iweala Questions Jack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.